GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Suzi. It hard not to notice a Marine.:)

Oh yes there are tons of barber shops on base.

Or son has black hair so he had to have his head shaved every three days so the shadow wouldn't show up around his high and tight. After all these years he is still a neat-nick. :D

He didn't live on base long. He quickly rose in rank and lived off base for years but he always went to one barber he liked on base to get his haircuts.

I have no doubt that LE asked this witness did the guy look like a Marine and the witness said 'yes.'

OT I dated a Marine in my youth who was stationed at Pendleton (and 29 Palms for a bit....never would let me come see him there, he said it was too hot and not the best city for a teenage girl to be hanging out in.) During the course of his stint in the USMC he was deployed to several different countries and the one thing he still remembers how to say in the native language of each of those countries is, "Can I get a haircut?" Marines don't mess around when it comes to their haircuts! Handsome son, Ocean! Please thank him for his service.

Aside from the barber shops, the base in 29 Palms also has an Enterprise Car Rental (for those who think the red car might have been a rental.)

Maybe not since it's military. If you try to google map it, you'll notice that street level views end at the gates. They are not quick to hand out information.

The cars should be easy to determine ownership of, at the very least. But, really, given the number of folks on base who know who lives in those apartments + LE sources, I would be shocked if it was difficult for MSM to discover the residents... even in military housing.

True. But I google mapped it, and the building appears to be right near the town's only hotel. Perhaps hotel was rendezvous spot, but someone just noticed the abandoned building? I don't know, it also doesn't seem like they would go meet right in town when there are so many private places around there. So probably no connection.

No, I don't think they'd go to the closest motel....too risky IMO. I was thinking somewhere close, but not too close.
Like Barstow or maybe Yucca Valley? Maybe a local can chime in on what the closest "bigger" city is?

Semantics ... reporter is paraphrasing what Beasley said, notice it's not in quotes.

Maybe. But if Beasley saw Erin he would know what she was wearing, right? Not down to every last detail but pants, shorts, dress, etc.

Maybe. But if Beasley saw Erin he would know what she was wearing, right? Not down to every last detail but pants, shorts, dress, etc.

we haven't seen the whole video yet. Channel 8 is going to put out the rest today. Maybe he will say what she was wearing. moo

I just posted that this gave me the heebie jeebies a little. Check this out:

"Beasley said he saw the young wife rendezvous with a man at the location, near the intersection of Valle Vista and Ranch Roads, around 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 28. Corwin exited her blue Toyota, locked her vehicle and got inside the man’s red, compact sedan, according the Beasley. The two then drove away in the red car, he said.
Beasley said Corwin appeared to be entering the red vehicle voluntarily.
“They were just sitting and chatting. If she wanted to get out of the car and say, ‘I don't want to be in this car,' she could have,” said Beasley.
“When I came back a half hour later, just the (blue) car was sitting there. Next thing, I hear the weekend goes by and Monday morning the sheriffs are there looking for this girl because she ain't home yet,” Beasley recalled."

Here is what doesn't make sense to me:
If they were just sitting and chatting, enough for Beasley to determine that there was nothing sinister about it, and THEN he saw them drive away, it seems to me he would have to have been watching them for awhile. Yet, in the video clip, he says there was nothing that struck him as out of the ordinary. Why, then, did he sit and watch them until they drove away? And then he left for a half hour...so, was he in his car when he saw them? Or did he just stand in his driveway, watch them, then get into his car and drive away?

It may just be the news reporting this a little wonky. But it seems weird to me.
Then again, since we had already heard affair rumors, this does make sense. :/

I don't find it odd that the witness may have watched them a while. His house is in the middle of nowhere, two cars are parked down the road, he sees them and interested in what they would be doing out there, watches for a while. Nosy neighbor. Admittedly, I do it all the time in my suburban neighborhood and my interest would be even more piqued if I lived in that sort of area. Also, someone mentioned binoculars, which are not out of the question IMO.

Sorry, I'm confused I was addressing your comment about something not adding up, regarding leaving the meet up site?

As to what she was wearing, maybe the reporter didn't ask the question?

I don't find it odd that the witness may have watched them a while. His house is in the middle of nowhere, two cars are parked down the road, he sees them and interested in what they would be doing out there, watches for a while. Nosy neighbor. Admittedly, I do it all the time in my suburban neighborhood and my interest would be even more piqued if I lived in that sort of area. Also, someone mentioned binoculars, which are not out of the question IMO.

It says when he came back
“When I came back a half hour later.... I think he was driving. JMO

I'm rather surprised that with two complete addresses and license plates available, no MSM is yet reporting who lives at the apartments/owns the cars that were searched. Surely this should be relatively easy for them to figure out.

More questions than answers for me now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. But I google mapped it, and the building appears to be right near the town's only hotel. Perhaps hotel was rendezvous spot, but someone just noticed the abandoned building? I don't know, it also doesn't seem like they would go meet right in town when there are so many private places around there. So probably no connection.

Is there only one hotel in town? When I did a Google search I pulled up a bunch. What is the name of the hotel, please. Thanks!

Now that we know the identity of #2, and that the tryst was with 2 not 1, i feel that if #1 did it, JC must be part of the reason. and #2s warrants weren't for a red car. could #1 have it instead?

Hmm!!!! maybe!

I don't think you can get a warrant for a car without knowing the license plate. Perhaps they just don't have enough info? OR, if it was a rental car, perhaps they didn't need a warrant because the company just let them look? (or would they still need a warrant??)

Now that we know the identity of #2, and that the tryst was with 2 not 1, i feel that if #1 did it, JC must be part of the reason. and #2s warrants weren't for a red car. could #1 have it instead?

I think LE has been to every hotel and motel in the area!

What I find strange is why not posters or flyers?

Interesting. I think the post from Locate Erin that talks about Michael Beasley has been edited. Yesterday I seem to remember it having a terse/dismissive tone; today it is thanking the public for bringing the article to their attention.

Sorry if this is against TOS, please remove

I just posted that this gave me the heebie jeebies a little. Check this out:

"Beasley said he saw the young wife rendezvous with a man at the location, near the intersection of Valle Vista and Ranch Roads, around 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 28. Corwin exited her blue Toyota, locked her vehicle and got inside the man’s red, compact sedan, according the Beasley. The two then drove away in the red car, he said.
Beasley said Corwin appeared to be entering the red vehicle voluntarily.
“They were just sitting and chatting. If she wanted to get out of the car and say, ‘I don't want to be in this car,' she could have,” said Beasley.
“When I came back a half hour later, just the (blue) car was sitting there. Next thing, I hear the weekend goes by and Monday morning the sheriffs are there looking for this girl because she ain't home yet,” Beasley recalled."

Here is what doesn't make sense to me:
If they were just sitting and chatting, enough for Beasley to determine that there was nothing sinister about it, and THEN he saw them drive away, it seems to me he would have to have been watching them for awhile. Yet, in the video clip, he says there was nothing that struck him as out of the ordinary. Why, then, did he sit and watch them until they drove away? And then he left for a half hour...so, was he in his car when he saw them? Or did he just stand in his driveway, watch them, then get into his car and drive away?

It may just be the news reporting this a little wonky. But it seems weird to me.
Then again, since we had already heard affair rumors, this does make sense. :/

When you live out in the remote desert, you tend to watch every human interaction that you can see. My uncle lives out in the high desert in Nevada. There is NOTHING around his home but dry desert terrain and scrub brush. But from his porch, you can see the road that goes out to the highway. Sometimes people pull off the highway and park on the side road. When that happens, we sit and watch them like we are watching tv. [ which he does not have out there.] It is normal human behavior imo, to be drawn to watching anyone coming close to your home, if you live far off the grid.

Interesting. I think the post from Locate Erin that talks about Michael Beasley has been edited. Yesterday I seem to remember it having a terse/dismissive tone; today it is thanking the public for bringing the article to their attention.

Sorry if this is against TOS, please remove

It definitely has been edited from the original post. Good catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9