GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't disagree with you.

The thing I find puzzling -- and is it deliberate or not? -- is that the way she's doing it, it's making her story sound more made up and making CL sound more and more guilty. Like she's desperately trying to cover for him and just making it worse.

And that could be what she's doing. Or is it trying to deflect attention from something/someone else?

She is making things worse and worse, isn't she? Either IM is a little like my grandmother and would say anything (no matter how outrageous and impossible) to take up for CL because she's fond of him, or she's like Casey Anthony, and just tells a new lie to cover for getting caught in the last one. I can't decide.

The only real peculiarity I find with IM is her demeanor. I wish someone would ask her, "Do you think Erin has been murdered?"

The only real peculiarity I find with IM is her demeanor. I wish someone would ask her, "Do you think Erin has been murdered?"

Why hasn't IM been asked this during the several interviews that she's done? This seems to be such an obvious question yet I never thought about it until you brought it up. Good job!

Another thing that strikes me as odd is her knowledge of dates. I can barely tell you what I did yesterday let alone tell you all about my friends and when they arrived, moved, started at the shelter, age of child, details of automobiles, and on and on. It's almost as if she's being coached by someone to make sure she gets certain information out to the public. IDK, maybe it's just me or maybe it's my complete distrust of IM.

Um.......just an observation here:
Scott Peterson was convicted in 2004, and we have some 20 something year olds talking about THAT case? My son is 27 and he wouldn't have a clue, he was a teenager and didn't have the least interest in that stuff back then.
Maybe the horse rescue gal, IM, would have some knowledge of it, but the rest of the "players".........they would have been pre-teens, 10, 11, 13, and 14 at the time of Peterson's conviction, NOT the actual disappearance, which would have made them 2 years younger.
I'm not going to give this "story" from IM any credence, sounds like she's just making it up as she goes.

so Erin was making plans in June not to have the horse anymore--too many shots, base horse facility closing in a year, pregnant cant ride---choose one.
wonder if she had made any comments to the lady she was a nanny for like--oh u may want to find another nanny in the near future?
hopefully LE has interviewed her
and on IM saying NL was talking about CSI and Scott Peterson etc----if LE is asking you for statements pertaining to the NL/EC case--why would you throw out comments NL made if they were NOT pertaining to the EC Case? she is now trying to cover her arse and I call BS!!!!

IM has a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization # for being tax exempt so there should be a paper trail of everything. Even if she "gave" the horse to Erin a standard adoption contract should have been signed by both parties. Also, any donations or monies for a sponsorship would have to be accounted for by a receipt along with any horses re-homed.

Maybe the adoption was in the works but didn't go through because of X,Y or Z and IM considered the deal "relinquished".

I find it hard to believe that IM didn't know what was going on because I had to board my horses before I got my barn set up and everyone at that barn knew everyones business.:scared: MOO

BBM YES! When I boarded my horses that was exactly how it was!

so Erin was making plans in June not to have the horse anymore--too many shots, base horse facility closing in a year, pregnant cant ride---choose one.
wonder if she had made any comments to the lady she was a nanny for like--oh u may want to find another nanny in the near future?
and on IM saying NL was talking about CSI and Scott Peterson etc----if LE is asking you for statements pertaining to the NL/EC case--why would you throw out comments NL made if they were NOT pertaining to the EC Case? she is now trying to cover her arse and I call BS!!!!

I'm wondering if EC said anything to her BFF back home about relinquishing her horse?
I call BS on the shots, you can go to any feed store or go online to Jeffers, Smiths, etc., and get what you need without the vet's fee thrown in there. West Nile no longer needs the initial vet check before the series (clarify, at least in ARIZONA), and the only things I can see being in a boarding situation would be Coggins, Potomac (if you're bringing a horse over from the East side of the Mississippi) and distemper. Influenza, with it's many types, would just be part of the standard yearly vaccs. If she DID adopt from the rescue, they should have given that horse all the required vaccs/worming anyway, they're taking horses in and out of that place, and contagious disease/parasites are the last thing you want running through a herd.
It was June........spring vaccs should have already been given.
She would have most likely been hit with boarding fees whether on the soon to close base horse facility or rescue ranch.
And......is this the first time this "nanny" has been mentioned in this case?
IM is offering nothing but smoke and mirrors.
I think EC's BFF has more legitimate info on what was going on with EC. If you're going to share a "secret" infidelity with someone, you're going to share just about everything with that person because you trust that individual not to share it with others.

For those of us who know nothing about horses (Los Angeles city girl here). What's the deal about boarding at the base rather than at the ranch? Why would Erin have had to move her horse to the base that was going to be closed down in a year? Couldn't she have continued to board her horse at the rescue ranch? I know nothing about adopting vs sponsoring a horse or relinquishing her ownership of the horse or shots or anything like that, just wondering why she would have to give up her horse because she wouldn't have a place to board it on the MCB.

I'm wondering if EC said anything to her BFF back home about relinquishing her horse?
I call BS on the shots, you can go to any feed store or go online to Jeffers, Smiths, etc., and get what you need without the vet's fee thrown in there. West Nile no longer needs the initial vet check before the series (clarify, at least in ARIZONA), and the only things I can see being in a boarding situation would be Coggins, Potomac (if you're bringing a horse over from the East side of the Mississippi) and distemper. Influenza, with it's many types, would just be part of the standard yearly vaccs. If she DID adopt from the rescue, they should have given that horse all the required vaccs/worming anyway, they're taking horses in and out of that place, and contagious disease/parasites are the last thing you want running through a herd.
It was June........spring vaccs should have already been given.
She would have most likely been hit with boarding fees whether on the soon to close base horse facility or rescue ranch.
And......is this the first time this "nanny" has been mentioned in this case?
IM is offering nothing but smoke and mirrors.
I think EC's BFF has more legitimate info on what was going on with EC. If you're going to share a "secret" infidelity with someone, you're going to share just about everything with that person because you trust that individual not to share it with others.

Speaking from experience with a military stable, they didn't require anything out of the ordinary: same vaccines required on your yearly "Health Cert" (for Fairs/Shows, etc) - plus a Coggins. The rabies vaccine MUST be administered by a vet, and the Coggins must be drawn by a vet within the last 30 days and submitted to a lab. Just the meat and potatoes of horse hauling/ showing/ boarding as established most anywhere in the ol' US of A.

For those of us who know nothing about horses (Los Angeles city girl here). What's the deal about boarding at the base rather than at the ranch? Why would Erin have had to move her horse to the base that was going to be closed down in a year? Couldn't she have continued to board her horse at the rescue ranch? I know nothing about adopting vs sponsoring a horse or relinquishing her ownership of the horse or shots or anything like that, just wondering why she would have to give up her horse because she wouldn't have a place to board it on the MCB.

Board may have been quite expensive at the ranch (not to mention, I believe it was quite a drive from base!) versus $100 or less/month on base. IM may have been "overcrowded" - many horses on a small acreage, or if she wanted her off her property "I only have room for the Rescue's own horses"

Yes! I'd like to know if she was planning on leaving the area or just planning on relinquishing her horse.
Big difference. If she told the nanny to look for a replacement, that indicates she may have intended to leave the area. If she was simply giving up on the horse thing...well, maybe it was because CL was leaving the area and she really didn't need the common bond/excuse to leave the house anymore. Just an opinion.

I think I remember seeing Erin having worked as a nanny in one article a few weeks back, possibly the same one that said shooting was one of her hobbies in TN.

As soon as I read your comment I had an AH HA! moment. Depending upon where the L's final destination is in Alaska unless it is on the coast where they can drive via Canada then they have no other option but to use the Bellingham Washington Ferry to get to their destination.Bellingham is the only port in Washington State serving the ferries to and from Alaska. (At least that I am aware of) Which is a 2 to 3 day journey over some rough open isolated waters depending upon where they are headed. Arrangements and Reservations must be made weeks in advance to take the ferry with an automobile/truck/motorcycle. So if I wanted to dispose of items (cell phone, possible weapon and so forth) that I never wanted to surface ever again what a better place to do it than over the open waters. (pure speculation here)

Or simply drive the alcan highway. No need to mess with ferry to get to Anchorage.

Speaking from experience with a military stable, they didn't require anything out of the ordinary: same vaccines required on your yearly "Health Cert" (for Fairs/Shows, etc) - plus a Coggins. The rabies vaccine MUST be administered by a vet, and the Coggins must be drawn by a vet within the last 30 days and submitted to a lab. Just the meat and potatoes of horse hauling/ showing/ boarding as established most anywhere in the ol' US of A.

Thanks for clarifying, I couldn't see how the military would want anything "special" unless it involved an International transport that involved quarantine/vaccs and tests pertaining to that specific country and all that "fun" paperwork. Been there, done that, with a horse from Spain many, many decades ago.

I might believe someone else sent the texts if those were the ONLY texts about CL. But it doesn't sound like that is the case. Plus, there is also the issue of CL lying more than once about his relationship with Erin. Too much smoke, IMO. There must be a fire there somewhere.

Of course, a TV show would consider it a great twist for her husband to take advantage of all that to kill her himself and throw the blame on CL. Actually, talking about TV shows, I should ask my husband who he thinks killed Erin. When we watch TV he always guesses the killer very early and he is NEVER WRONG. Then he rubs it in quite obnoxiously, LOL.

Odd you should say that because my hubby and I have been discussing this as well and the first two questions out of his mouth were 1. The C's discharge date. (My hubby being military he mentioned the insurance policy) 2.) Could there have been another party involved and set it up because of the surrounding circumstances feeling confident that CL would be on the radar and in the hot seat. Also when I shared what the text message were suppose to have said about two hours and so forth he said perhaps she took off for Mexico for a divorce also that is within a two hour time frame as well. I think the area he was referring to is Mexicali. Wonder if she had a passport and if that is missing?

Or simply drive the alcan highway. No need to mess with ferry to get to Anchorage.

My eldest son and family just returned from Anchorage they had to take the ferry it was too grueling to drive for days on end with small children. Have you drove it and what was the time frame I know it is like 2,800 miles and doing an average of 400 miles a day that is 7 days in a U-Haul truck. If you have driven it before I would be interested to hear of your journey we have actually thought about doing the alcan highway ourselves. But it is our understanding there are miles and miles of desolated highway and the best time to do such would be in late spring.

Odd you should say that because my hubby and I have been discussing this as well and the first two questions out of his mouth were 1. The C's discharge date. (My hubby being military he mentioned the insurance policy) 2.) Could there have been another party involved and set it up because of the surrounding circumstances feeling confident that CL would be on the radar and in the hot seat. Also when I shared what the text message were suppose to have said about two hours and so forth he said perhaps she took off for Mexico for a divorce also that is within a two hour time frame as well. I think the area he was referring to is Mexicali. Wonder if she had a passport and if that is missing?

Interesting question about the passport. I haven't read anything that would suggest she was a seasoned traveler but she might have had one. But, I'm confident the FBI or NCIS would have checked right away to see if it's been used to cross the border.

I might believe someone else sent the texts if those were the ONLY texts about CL. But it doesn't sound like that is the case. Plus, there is also the issue of CL lying more than once about his relationship with Erin. Too much smoke, IMO. There must be a fire there somewhere.

Of course, a TV show would consider it a great twist for her husband to take advantage of all that to kill her himself and throw the blame on CL.

Actually, talking about TV shows, I should ask my husband who he thinks killed Erin. When we watch TV he always guesses the killer very early and he is NEVER WRONG. Then he rubs it in quite obnoxiously, LOL.

BBM...

Oh... I hate it when "know-it-alls" really DO know it all...

:giggle:

I don't think a young pregnant woman is going to go alone into Mexicali to try and get a divorce. Does she know Spanish? Is she familiar with Mexico? I sure hope she didn't go down there alone. I doubt she did.

I played IM first interview and she said EC stated in May she couldn't keep horse. IM went on to say that Cassie was available to EC for 30 days or abandonment/rehomed. In recent interview she mentioned none of EC's family have inquired about the horse.

I really feel IM is just not good at expressing herself. In new interview I think NL downplayed what happened at apartment to IM. LE was not doing voluntary/optional apt. next door search and then theirs looking for EC, they came armed with a warrant.

As far as CL suppose to meet up with friends, I think she was repeating what she was told by NC. With body not found comment I'm doing a bit of speculation that while being interviewed she compared real life LE work to TV and that's how they started to discuss CSI, ect.

IM knew the Lees a lot longer than she knew EC. She liked them enough to have them stay on ranch for a bit. She might not be able to say negative about them since she never experienced any reason to not to trust them. I believe we got some insight to what CL's story is, just wonder if his friends can back him up.

'Nuff babbling for the moment

I am taking everything that IM said in this interview as a whole lot of hoopla. In my opinion, she has been busily back peddling since the warrant information was released to the public. The whole relinquishing of the horse story may just be another bone that she decided to throw out there to throw people off track and to further protect her precious CL.

It's all just words and he said, she said. I doubt a single thing she stated can be backed up with a contract, email or other physical evidence. Quite clever really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member