GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I always make it a rule never to sleep with one person while I'm in love with somebody else, but to each his own eh? It's also really more for my own benefit, I mean, I've gotta look myself in the mirror the next morning.

You make me laugh 77, and I mean that in a good way, :) (No sarcasm intended) And this post of yours really made me literally laugh out loud and I had to read it a few times to figure out exactly what you're saying, LOL, but to sum it up, I think you meant something more on this line; I always make it a rule to ONLY (instead of never) sleep with the one person who you're in love with etc. etc. etc. (Now I don't even think I'm making sense! LOL!) Shaking my head at myself and you now... :) Sheesh...

Veterinarians use them, as well. :truce:

So do some mechanics... they aren't that rare. In fact I saw them in the grocery/drug store last night. They were marked "nitrile" not "latex" but they were right in between the vinyl (clear) and latex (yellowish) gloves. I imagine they're all generically described as latex gloves by those who don't have allergies.

ETA: and I don't find it that weird that one was found, as I don't think they're all that rare. Although I can sure see why one would be kept for forensics.

Wasn't it four months? Dec-April? Not that long really.

I'm not sure exactly how long it was, but IMO, I think even a couple of weeks for somebody to be missing is too long. I'm always surprise (and I probably shouldn't be) that people just disappear. Especially with all the technology we have now. It always reminds me how life can change in one single second. Even when somebody is murdered I am left shocked that nobody ever finds the body (Susan Powell)

A little O/T but I got an advertisement in from Sprint the other day. They have this new kid phone- for children under 12. It's a clip on device, but I guess it's marketed with some amazing GPS stuff on it. You can click on the map to see where your kid is at. It has all kinds of limits and such you can put on the phone and if that kid goes somewhere outside the limits- I guess it alerts you. Anyway, it really made me SMH. I guess it's a good thing to have, but it just made me sad to think that we have to do stuff like that now. (I'm sure stuff like this has been around for awhile)

Gloves- Oh yes. I love having them. I use them for everything around here.
They come in more handy when the stinky grandkid is over. Now he giggles when he sees me put my gloves on. He knows I'm coming for his stinky butt.

I'm a few pages behind so someone may have mentioned this already. I'm reading up on the Jennifer Huston missing case from last week in Oregon and am struck by how differently the cases area being handled. Already we have seen the husband on TV a few times, Jennifer's father (who is a retired homicide detective)on TV, surveillance footage of her at a gas station (her last confirmed sighting) and the police asking anyone and everyone to be on the look out for her or her car, to post missing posters anywhere and everywhere because they have no working theory and need everyone's help as quickly as possible. Contrasting that to this case, I can only hope that LE has had a solid working theory from early on about Erin and are just being very careful to get all the evidence pieces into place for a conviction once the person or persons is arrested and charged.

You are absolutely correct it is being handled differently it may have to do with the fact that other investigative branches (federal) are involved not just on a State or County level.

Would someone kindly answer the several "what the heck are you talking about?" posts. I too have no clue what colored gloves, purses and IPods have to do with this case. If it is all just am imaginary game please realize how quickly some such thing can derail a thread.

It has to do with the search warrant and the removal of items from an individual’s property/car/house/body. Once the items are in the possession of law enforcement after the warrant has been executed law enforcement must submit a detailed property list to the courts of all items taken.

So what you are seeing is comments about some of the items that are on the list of property taken when the search warrant was executed at one of the two homes and out at the horse ranch.

I think we were never supposed to know about the L's, or much of anything, and it was a true unintended leak. And may have harmed the case by putting them on the defensive, in a hurry to disappear, etc. i wonder how much real, important info they have received (LE) since the story broke. Best case scenario is that a lot of other people had tales to tell, once they knew who the possible suspects were. Jmo

After going back and looking at the original search warrants, it sure made me wonder whether the Probable Cause Affidavit for the search at the ranch was leaked by accident. The wording on the "Order to Seal Search Warrant Affidavit" on those first searches sure sound like they didn't want anything released to the public. "The warrants sought pursuant to this affidavit relate to an ongoing investigation of felony offenses, and it is expected that additional Search Warrants will be sought relating to this matter. If the information in this affidavit and related documents is made public, it would compromise this investigation and make it very difficult to continue. Your affiant believes that if information contained in this affidavit were made available to any co-conspirators, and/or media outlets, the destruction of potential evidence would occur, thereby hindering this investigation and the future prosecution of offenses hereto alleged."

That may be common wording to have them sealed. IDK

Just a thought if she just up and walked away for whatever reason (speculation) and she is seeing herself in the media stories with headlines such as this " Authorities are investigating the possibility that Corwin was having an affair with her married neighbor and was pregnant with his child, according to a police search warrant." She is young and more than not very embarrassed, ashamed, afraid, feels betrayed by family and friends and so forth. They were very quick to pull this trigger on this story. The information was suppose to be sealed but it was not and I have asked myself how could a seasoned professional make such an error? Was it by accident? Was it intentional? If this ends up being the case then no wonder she is not going to come forward. IMO.

I've wonder too why they didn't just use TLF on base. I know out processing can be quite an ordeal, but why move temporarily all the way to Yucca Valley when they could stay on base for free?

The Sleepy Tortoise (TLF) is $68 a night. I'm assuming IM let them stay at the ranch for free.

My thoughts after reading the night's events. Are people thinking the purse and iPod could be Erin's? As far as saying that some release of information let the Lees know they might be in trouble (oops), I would think being called in for questioning and having all my stuff searched would do that for me.

My thoughts after reading the night's events. Are people thinking the purse and iPod could be Erin's? As far as saying that some release of information let the Lees know they might be in trouble (oops), I would think being called in for questioning and having all my stuff searched would do that for me.

Agreed. I don't think the release of the Probable Cause (last Search Warrants) alerted CL & NL. They knew the moment the knock came on their apartment door or even before. What I was referring to was some of the wording in the original order to seal: "investigation of felony offenses", "compromise this investigation and make it very difficult to continue", "hindering this investigation and the future prosecution of offenses", for instance. I'd say anything in the those first PCAs might very well be much more important than what was released.

Thank you for the article tvscum.

I have been so busy in real life in the past few weeks and trying to catch up now. I do see LE doesn't seem to be any closer to solving Erin's case.

But I was thinking about something as I read this article. CL has six years of service in the Corps yet he was only a Corporal. I wonder why he did not advance up in rank at least to a Sargent?

Just a thought that ran through my mind.:D

I know, I know....here I go again worrying about that red car thingy.
Am I the only one that noticed the RED car in the picture of NL & CL? And is it a Jeep? Of course, it could belong to anybody. I was just wondering because I found it odd the way IM just said, "no red".

If this link doesn't work
http://kfmb.images.worldnow.com/images/4332994_G.jpg

The picture is located in this article: http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/...ng-for-one-month-horse-ranch-owner-speaks-out

That, my friend, is an F150 pickup truck, in no way to be mistaken for a compact sedan.

i have a whole kitchen drawer full. the Firefighter hubby brings them home--he keeps them in his pockets all the time. he doesnt want to touch anything icky with his bare hands.
I'm always bringing mine home from work too...take a bunch and stuff them in my pockets. And often forget they are there. I'm jealous of one of the medic companies here...they get lavender ones.

In regards to IM, I think she has told some truths but has since started muddying the waters to protect CL & NL.

I think 77DH7 is right about the purse being important. My guess is that it is NL's purse. I'm most interested in to whom the iPod belongs! There could be some interesting iMessages, emails, and photos on it.

JMO

Good thought. It may be Erin's. It is quite possible she texted (imessaged) CL with her iPod so as not to keep any suspicious texts in her phone where hubby could might look over her shoulder and chance to see them..

FINALLY, after 2 days of reading, I'm finally caught up! One thing I can't get out of my head is the comment that NL supposedly made saying that EC's body would never be found. It hurts me to even type this but how long does it take for a body to burn? As we were watching an episode of "Longmire" last night, the thought crossed my mind. Is it possible CL was gone so long because he had to stay with a fire he had set? I'm sure there are plenty of places within a 2 hour drive where a fire could not be spotted or questioned.

Just a thought if she just up and walked away for whatever reason (speculation) and she is seeing herself in the media stories with headlines such as this " Authorities are investigating the possibility that Corwin was having an affair with her married neighbor and was pregnant with his child, according to a police search warrant." She is young and more than not very embarrassed, ashamed, afraid, feels betrayed by family and friends and so forth. They were very quick to pull this trigger on this story. The information was suppose to be sealed but it was not and I have asked myself how could a seasoned professional make such an error? Was it by accident? Was it intentional? If this ends up being the case then no wonder she is not going to come forward. IMO.

I wish that was the case and it would be true that she is just an embarrassed alive young woman but nothing points to that being the conclusion, imo.

But from what I have learned about Erin she simply would not walkout on her family and leave them thinking something dreadful has happened to her, imo. She seems very close to her mother. Which means to me even if she did walkout she would contact her mother to let her know she was ok rather than making her mom go through this terrible nightmare of worry and dread.

And how would she survive. I have no doubt if she and Jon had credit cards LE is looking for any kind of activity since she disappeared. I believe they have found nothing to show them Erin is alive.

Unfortunately I think the reason Erin is gone without a trace is because she is no longer alive. The perp has put her body somewhere that they are very confident it will never be found and they had more than ample time in order to do that. Criminals lately seem to know how to hide a body better where it will never be found. Just like they have never found Holly Bobo or Sierra Lamar's bodies even though LE knows they both have been murdered.

I fully feel that everything the police has investigated in this case points to a dead victim and not a runaway. She would have to have money and quite a bit of it when she left. She was said to be a shy young woman and I just don't see her out there somewhere on her own hiding from police and those who are worried sick about her.

LE would go through all of their financial records and they will also go through the Lees finances to see if any cash money was withdrawn close in time to when she went missing. Imo, they aren't going to find anything out of the ordinary. CL did not give her money to leave. He lured her to go with him that day knowing that Erin would never be going anywhere ever again.

JMO only

IM is trying her best to defend and take up for the Lees. She mostly calls Erin "she". I believe she didn't get to know Erin due to Erin not being a person who gts all up in everything. Maybe she went and tended to her horse and minded her business. The Lees were involved in much more around there. So she really likes them and thinks they are wonderful. I can barely watch her now, because I think she's got tunnel vision. It does not involve Erin at all. MY O.

Did he provide you with the complete spin on what he thinks happened? If so care to share or would it be against the rules what his thoughts are?

No, I had a hair appointment after work and did not get home until well after dinner and didn't want to make a hash of explaining things to him because I was tired. I'll ask him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member