GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher Lee, who was set to be honorably discharged from the Marine Corps after serving six years, was in the process of moving his family into a bunkhouse at Megli’s ranch when San Bernardino County Sheriff’s officials executed a search warrant at Megli’s property.

Megli describes the scene that took place the day of the search to People Magazine:

“All of a sudden four cars pull up on the street. SWAT guys came out of everywhere,” Megli recalls. “They wanted to search the property. As they searched, the Lees pulled up in a U-Haul. It must have been devastating for Nichole. All the police were there waiting,” says Megli. “It was awful.”

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/2014/07/30/erin-corwin-people-magazine/13359369/

"It must have been devastating for Nichole." Why Nichole? Why not "them"? Why not "their daughter," you know the one that is for sure innocent in this whole mess? I found that statement odd.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know a thing about horse rescue. I'm learning what I know from reading your posts. Ha! But to those of you discussing it, do you think whether or not IM's rescue is a shady one has anything to do with this case? Do you think it will bring light to any involvement from IM? I'm just curious about your thoughts.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know a thing about horse rescue. I'm learning what I know from reading your posts. Ha! But to those of you discussing it, do you think whether or not IM's rescue is a shady one has anything to do with this case? Do you think it will bring light to any involvement from IM? I'm just curious about your thoughts.

I think the shadiness factor will help us decide if her words can be viewed as credible or incredible.

"Sunday they came and had fun"...???...wasn't it Sunday Chris was worried about not having an "alibi" for?

Yep, and the initial comments in the beginning from someone who knew them that Chris didn't show up back home until Monday (truth not verified?)

Question: How could she carpool with them when IM said the "family" rode during the week and EC rode on weekends?

ETA: I see other folks are wondering the same thing. I just need to play catch-up and quit posting until I do!

And now in this article:

"Megli said the Lees typically visited the ranch on weekends, but not the Saturday when Erin went missing. Still, “Sunday they came and had fun,” she said. “They seemed fine.” "
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/2014/07/30/erin-corwin-people-magazine/13359369/

So, which is it? During the week or on weekends? Is IM confused??
IMOO.

I think the shadiness factor will help us decide if her words can be viewed as credible or incredible.

Agreed.

Can I recommend a FB just for further reading (not related to the case, but outing a faux rescue?) "Pleasant View Farm Equine Rehab and Services - not" - lots of commentary on the owner/"rescuer's" criminal history, shady dealings, etc.

People Magazine gave The Desert Sun an advance copy of the story, a six-page spread featuring numerous photos, including shots of the Corwins, Lee, the Twentynine Palms area and White Rock Horse Rescue in Yucca Valley, where Erin volunteered and cared for her horse, Cassy.

The story, written by Elaine Aradillas, provides additional details surrounding the disappearance of Corwin.

When the Corwins moved to base last fall, they became “chummy” with Christopher Lee and his wife Nichole, who lived next door with their daughter *******.

The couple shared a loved of dogs and horses and often spent time together at the horse rescue ranch.

“Erin and Nichole had dogs, and they went to the dog park together,” horse rescue owner Isabel Megli told People Magazine. “Jon and Christopher were friends, too. They came out here and took the dune buggy out.”

But by February, Megli says she’d noticed the couples’ friendship had cooled. “I would say to Nichole, ‘Where’s Erin?’ and Nichole would say, ‘I don’t know,’” she says. “She never said a word.”

Megli said the Lees typically visited the ranch on weekends, but not the Saturday when Erin went missing. Still, “Sunday they came and had fun,” she said. “They seemed fine.”

Who owns the "dune buggy"?
I wonder where that dune buggy is?
IMOO.

IMOO.

Jinx! Hope LE is taking note of all the inconsistencies as well as the new tidbits IM is doling out.

And now in this article:

"Megli said the Lees typically visited the ranch on weekends, but not the Saturday when Erin went missing. Still, “Sunday they came and had fun,” she said. “They seemed fine.” "

So, which is it? During the week or on weekends? Is IM confused??
IMOO.
Ah ha! Good catch!

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

IMOO.
Right?!? That's the first I've heard of it. A dune buggy can get you quite a ways out into the middle of nowhere! I wonder if it was used around the time EC went missing.

Anyone on here remember the Allana Gallagher case? When LE got search warrants on her parents home and they were released OMG how the speculating started, especially when it was found out their life style, thankfully the mods were on top of it with the speculating. Those parents were completely innocent.
LE has no other choice, especially in this case but to act quickly in the very beginning, they have no idea what could have happened but they want to make sure they are on top of things. Naturally when they heard of the alleged affair they were going to get search warrants when they did. Did they find anything that they think could tie CL to Erin being missing? We have no clue.
There is a possibility that someone is going to crack in this case and when they do there are going to be a few who are going to be eating crow. There is also a possibility that I could be eating. But as far as what I see going on here I still don't think that CL or his wife are involved.
BBM: Wow I am so surprised! I would love to hear your theory on her disappearance because I am stuck on the Lee's being the primary suspects. Please, make me see other possibilities, especially if they involve EC being alive. :please:

I've been trying to find a delicate way to say this. As a horse professional, I'm automatically skeptical of anyone who runs a "rescue". Horse traders have gone nonprofit as stated above, but there's also a lot of people in it for the attention/stroking they get from other people. Nowadays photos from rescues on FB get thousands of likes and shares from well meaning members of the public. Many people who run rescues are in it for themselves and have little interest in the horses they rescue. Many others are basically horse hoarders who use donations to pay their horse care but rarely if ever actually adopt out a horse. Not saying this is what is going on, but JMO.

I know nothing about horse rescues and next to nothing about non-profits. If a person is running a non-profit do they still pay themselves a salary for running it? Is this IM's only source of income? Would the income be enough to survive?

I know you probably don't know the details of her rescue so I'm just generalizing, kind of. TIA

There is also a pict of a white truck on FB or web for horse rescue

Ah ha! Good catch!

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

Right?!? That's the first I've heard of it. A dune buggy can get you quite a ways out into the middle of nowhere! I wonder if it was used around the time EC went missing.

Wondering if they had cadaver dogs around it to smell it? One way to transport a dead body to out in the middle of nowhere.

Megli said the Lees typically visited the ranch on weekends, but not the Saturday when Erin went missing. Still, “Sunday they came and had fun,” she said. “They seemed fine.”

I thought CL didn't have an alibi for the 29th?

I belong to a number of SoCA horse selling/rescue FB pages and to me, she doesn't seem like a horse flipper from what I've read. No one is calling her out and if she was shady it would have been all over FB and internet IMO.

Thank you, Bernina! I tried to point this out a while ago, even directed everyone to Google faux or pseudo-rescues (trader masquerade!)- but was met with only a chorus of IM is a saint! She is helping the purrrrdy ponies!

In my mind, a "good" rescue, only takes on those horses which are "viable" and a good rescue never begs for donations...

Well looks like IM gave CL an alibi for the 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members