GUILTY CA - Faith Tsarnas & Kiya Kitchen, Both 14, Die In Hit & Run, Fortuna, 12 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ITA for many reasons, on topic and not.

I respect all opinions stated here regarding the disposition of Kiya's ashes, and in an ideal world: all of this would never have happened. I'm simply of the opinion that Marci's ex-husband and her son may need time in order to forgive, grieve, and hopefully eventually "rise above" any justifiable resentments or anger they may have over this tragedy--brought on by Kiya's mother--which could have been prevented. I also have not seen nor heard of a single iota of remorse or taking of responsibility by Marci herself, I have only seen her looking out for her own interests from the very start.

Suffice is to say: if Marci had made some different decisions since the night of 7/12/16: I'd probably have reason to feel differently.

On another note: I believe Kiya is already 'free,' and 'in joy and peace now' without need for her ashes to be scattered. I truly believe she is at rest and in a far better place now.

There's far more to parenthood than simply the ability to bring life into this world.

JMO

In happier times...Faith Tsarnas (L) and Kiya Kitchen (R) taking-in the sunshine and views from up on the roof.
attachment.php

:rose::sunshine::rose:

Attachments

• FaithTsarnas_KiyaKitchen_April30_2016.jpg
    FaithTsarnas_KiyaKitchen_April30_2016.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 338
Kiya died at a hospital in Oakland at 6:26 the next morning after being airlifted from Humboldt. Faith died at the scene the night before. I think that may explain the discrepancy you're referring to. Please correct me if I've misunderstood.

Of course! Thanks for clarifying that for me. Very sad all around.

Humboldt County court documents viewed by the Times-Standard revealed that the father of Kiya Kitchen, Joseph Kitchen, filed a request for a domestic violence restraining order on July 21 to keep the mother, Marcia Kitchen, at least 100 feet away from him, his home, place of work and vehicle, their 17-year-old son and Kiya Kitchen's memorial this past Sunday. A hearing is set for Aug. 17 at 1:30 p.m. in the Humboldt County Courthouse in Eureka.

Much more, too much to snip, of quotes from both father and mother:

http://www.times-standard.com/gener...-hit-and-run-case-trade-shots-in-court-papers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paperwork from the temp restraining order. Father claims mother admitted to him that she killed Kiya in the hit and run. Mother, interestingly enough, does not deny this in her reasons why she does not agree with the orders.

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2016/08/it-has-been-alleged-and-marcia-kitchen.html?m=1

Realizes she is going to end up in jail and be able to see him for a long time? Just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realizes she is going to end up in jail and be able to see him for a long time? Just my guess.

Should have said Not see home for a long time....would not let me edit!!!

Because they "do not have the police reports on that case yet."

IMO they need those reports in order to make an accurate statement so that is not, in fact, a non-answer.

You're right. I was typing quickly and shouldn't have used that phrase.

WTH?? It's been 4 weeks and the DA's office doesn't have any info yet? Why is CHP making such a big deal out of what seems to be a fatal hit and run where the driver fled the scene and attempted to hide the damaged vehicle? How complicated can that be?

And hey, way to to go mom and dad - let's fight over the custody of a... 17-year-old? And the ashes of your daughter. It appears that the parents' priorities revolve around themselves. SMDH.

http://madriverunion.com/parents-battle-in-fortuna-hit-run-tragedy-2/

WTH?? It's been 4 weeks and the DA's office doesn't have any info yet? Why is CHP making such a big deal out of what seems to be a fatal hit and run where the driver fled the scene and attempted to hide the damaged vehicle? How complicated can that be?

And hey, way to to go mom and dad - let's fight over the custody of a... 17-year-old? And the ashes of your daughter. It appears that the parents' priorities revolve around themselves. SMDH.

http://madriverunion.com/parents-battle-in-fortuna-hit-run-tragedy-2/
I don't know, MsMarple, if my spouse killed my child and then apparently fled the scene instead of trying to get help, there is no way in h*** I'd want him that person to get half of my child's ashes either. JMO

Comments on Kym Kent's previous posts mention that the driver was drunk. Has anyone checked to see if she has previous DUIs on her record?

Comments on Kym Kent's previous posts mention that the driver was drunk. Has anyone checked to see if she has previous DUIs on her record?

IIRC an officer at the scene also said that she was impaired. Maybe someone remembers where that was published. John Chiv posted that she has four citations for speeding. If she had previous DUI's he probably would have found the records and mentioned them. I assume that when she was caught speeding she was not found to be DUI.

However, I don't know if anyone has checked for DUI's under her maiden name.

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2016/07/joe-kitchen-filed-dv-prevention-order.html

Hello everyone! I'm Skadiddle & I've been a member since 9/2013 but this is my first post AFAIK. I live in Fortuna, grew up here and the parents of Kiya Kitchen went to school with my kids. I need HELP...Marci is going to get off with this 'Scott-free' and I want to make sure everything is done to get justice for those 2 little girls. Humboldt County can't sweep this under the 'good old boys' rug.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back