ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how the friend in the Seattle Times article tries to be non-judgmental about the "spanking" incident by saying that Sarah "allowed her anger to get the best of her." Ummm isn't that how MOST child abuse incidents occur? Does any parent really say, "Yeah I just thought it would be fun to hit my kid." What makes Sarah or Jen so special? They wouldn't be so understanding if it was mom from a trailer park or "ghetto".

Of course...

Most people pick up a bit (to a lot) before taking pics, at least the ones that end up on the internet. I have chosen not to show pics that show a soda in the background. I’m certainly not posting one with a pile of laundry or the kitchen two minutes after supper is completed!

And many large families are better organized out of necessity. And older kids have fewer “toys” around throughout the house. And more hands keeps the work lighter also. I have yet to see a house that isn’t fairly put together of a family with 5-12 kids.

ANd it may not be that the families are that way prior to getting kids. And certainly doesn’t suggest OCD. Sometimes you learn as you add kids. Or many foster parents worry about being judged by caseworkers and such. One thing my mom really liked about us fostering was that I seemed to keep house a lot better/more easily. I got the hang of it once I had a houseful of kids and knew that any number of people could knock on the door at any time.

I just kinda think people are reaching by saying they must have had mental issues to keep a nice house with six kids.

I agree. I can't read into their clean house because there are just too many variables. My sister has 6 kids and her house is so clean you could eat off the floors. I am always impressed at how smoothly their meals run-like a restaurant. They have everything down to a science. And I never take pictures that show clutter or dirt-I'll even piled stuff to one side so that it doesn't get in the shot, ha ha. Other than the fact that the children appear much smaller than it seems they should, I haven't actually seen anything weird with any of the pictures myself.

Markis was the oldest at 19. Hannah was the oldest of the girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! I meant to say Markis thank you!! And Hannah was the oldest girl, it is quite possible that the women saw her as competition or thought they could sexually abuse her now that I realize she is the oldest. I think they purposely kept her teeth out because they were jealous of her youthfulness and coming into young adult hood. Mothers with narcissistic personality disorder are BRUTAL to their daughters esp if they're not the golden child.

IMO

And many large families are better organized out of necessity. And older kids have fewer “toys” around throughout the house. And more hands keeps the work lighter also. I have yet to see a house that isn’t fairly put together of a family with 5-12 kids.

Yes, we have 14 children and it’s a daily battle to keep things picked up and organized but everyone helps and over the years we have learned tricks and ways to manage the chaos that isn’t necessary in smaller families. As my children got older, their interests changed and their ‘toys and activities and kits’ have to be kept up out of sight and reach of the little ones so, though not visible like toddler toys, they still have plenty to do but it’s less visually obvious at first glance when the house is picked up.

It’s obvious a lot of kids live here, lol, but it’s controlled happy, busy chaos with a home for everything.

When we staged our last home to sell, we made it appear that a normal sized family lived there and packed up the excess, since that’s what a buyer would be looking for.

Markis was the oldest at 19. Hannah was the oldest of the girls.

So the two oldest were the "ousted" ones. They seemed to have it the hardest and were not kids the couple liked showing off with.

Yes, we have 14 children and it’s a daily battle to keep things picked up and organized but everyone helps and over the years we have learned tricks and ways to manage the chaos that isn’t necessary in smaller families. As my children got older, their interests changed and their ‘toys and activities and kits’ have to be kept up out of sight and reach of the little ones so, though not visible like toddler toys, they still have plenty to do but it’s less visually obvious at first glance when the house is picked up.

It’s obvious a lot of kids live here, lol, but it’s controlled happy, busy chaos with a home for everything.

When we staged our last home to sell, we made it appear that a normal sized family lived there and packed up the excess, since that’s what a buyer would be looking for.

Wow that’s a lot of kids [emoji33] How can you afford to take them to Disneyland and other amusement parks? Out to dinner etc? I can barely afford two. I live near Disneyland ticket prices over $100. It’s crazy ridiculous.

Look at this I just found this its from Jens facebook. For someone who hated her family being in the lime light she sure seemed ok with it this time. Everyone keeps claiming sarah and Jen hated the attention.
f6b0f855ae45e691914a34a5eeb6a325.jpg
6a2934ca1a968d2c9fa65813eb210fdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Look at this I just found this its from Jens facebook. For someone who hated her family being in the lime light she sure seemed ok with it this time. Everyone keeps claiming sarah and Jen hated the attention.
f6b0f855ae45e691914a34a5eeb6a325.jpg
6a2934ca1a968d2c9fa65813eb210fdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

There’s so many different protest and marches they attended. I think they made new signs and posters for every event. I saw tons on another FB group of them.

Can someone :bump: a timeline (if one has been done here as I thought there was but cannot find)

:tyou:

This calls for speculation, but I hope it’s okay to ask this question.

What if they HAD answered the door when CPS arrived? Or if the police had made that wellness check? What would have happened?

My speculation is that the Harts would have been able to, at the very least, buy themselves some time. The house probably wasn’t a Turpin-style shambles, with feces covering the walls. There was probably food in the pantry or fridge. Whatever might be questionable, Jen would have said “well, they’re teenagers with special needs; we have to be strict/they have behavioral issues stemming from early childhood; we have to be strict” The kids were well-coached not to incriminate the parents. Even if CPS suspected emotional abuse, they wouldn’t have removed the children from the home on the spot, would they?

And then I think they would have been put ‘on notice’ and maybe would have run away again anyway.

JMO, MOO

Well to be fair, that Occupy Monsanto picture is dated from 2013, which was BEFORE he became famous. But the video of Devonte dancing around in his underwear came AFTER that famous photo, so yeah I don't buy their excuse about wanting privacy.

Does anyone else think Devonte and another girl ran away with the dogs? Heer is my thinking yesterday, other than the obvious, devonte was piling up food, even mrs dekabl thought he may be going to run away, I dont know if she saw EACH child in the car or loading up the car friday night....Dekalbs said that devonte did NOT want them to call police.....WHY? Police would have hunted any runaways down and returned them to their abusive moms, they would have been seen as just unruly orphans with early mental issues and trouble now

He did not want Dekalbs to tell his moms about the food.....WHY? besdies teh obvious they wouldhave got beaten.....they would have taken the stash of food away adn he'd have no food for his escape plan to leave..

Why was Devonte continually asking her if she called CPS and he was at the dekalbs THREE times on THrusday and latest was 11:30 that night.....because if he and a sibling were missing and the dekalbs told teh cps what wsa gonig on, they would want to know WHERE EACH AND every child was, they would wnat them accuonted for as part of their investigaton....the other children may and hopefully would be taken away as was his hope and plan

there are still 2 children and 1 to 3 dogs missing

Hannah wanted to go to Seattle....whatever is there

I hope atleast these 2 are unaccounted fOR becauSE they are on the run.....they will be too scared to come out for a while if so AND if they dont know about the deaths of the others

JUST A MOM WITH HOPE~

The anonymous woman who told us of the incident with the food & Sarah abusing Sierra. The article says she moved away from the PNW. She may possibly have told Sierra she'd help her if she ever came to Seattle (but has since moved)? And Sierra told Hannah? Total speculation, of course.

I sure hope DeVonte got out with whomever he could convince and that is why the stuff hit the fan this time when CPS knocked.

We don't know why Jen was uncharacteristicly gone right before or during the first CPS visit, but it might have been a rare opportunity for them to leave. <modsnip>

I could see the kids not trusting anyone, maybe mixing with the homeless youth. Hiding in plain sight. I said before, D might not be recognized immediately if he wasn't flashing that big smile. Hannah with her missing teeth and tiny self could look like a child, but if someone saw her amongst a more unsavory population, one might attribute her poor health and missing teeth to other things. Wrapped up in a hoodie with her big brother scowling a warning to stay away? Unfortunately, I think if they have the dog(s), they'd stick out more and maybe have a harder time in general.

If they are out there, I hope they find whoever or whatever they are looking or waiting for. I'd like to know their fate, one way or the other. I hope if they made it, they remain unaware of the crash until they are found and given a safe place to land. But honestly, I don't really know what to hope for, so I should just dig deep for some patience.

What bothers me is why weren't there "(Kid)'s (___)th Birthday Adventure!" videos? Or even one big "birthday adventure" that they did once a year? These women just come across as so self centered.

I hate how easily people can be fooled.

There were lots of photos of one of Devonte&#8217;s birthday party in MN. They were posted to FB, so can&#8217;t link them. It was mostly adults (took place at a photographers studio). it did look as though he received some books as presents. There were a few children there, but not a typical kid&#8217;s birthday party at all. I&#8217;ll look again, but I don&#8217;t recall any photos of him blowing out candles on a cake.

And, as we all know, Devonte collected money in lieu of presents and presented it to charity. That&#8217;s how they seemed to celebrate birthdays.

So was this always the end game for them? I mean think about it. The kids were getting older and bolder and speaking out. You can’t keep that genie in the bottle too long after that.

There were lots of photos of one of Devonte’s birthday party in MN. They were posted to FB, so can’t link them. It was mostly adults (took place at a photographers studio). it did look as though he received some books as presents. There were a few children there, but not a typical kid’s birthday party at all. I’ll look again, but I don’t recall any photos of him blowing out candles on a cake.

And, as we all know, Devonte collected money in lieu of presents and presented it to charity. That’s how they seemed to celebrate birthdays.

Were there other kids besides his siblings and adults? Never mind I saw my answer in your post. Thx

I'm very hesitant to believe the "family emergency" comment happened days prior to the events. I'm not going to make any assumptions based on that report.

I wonder if the older children were given puberty blocking drugs to keep them from becoming sexual beings. To keep them small, childlike, obedient.

So if the DCF visit is the trigger for this incident, what was so different about this situation that made Jen decide going over a cliff was better than facing the consequences?

RSBM

My personal theory is that the CPS visit led to the women discovering what Devonte had been up to with the neighbors. Unlike the earlier incident with Hannah, which was panicked, this was a deliberate act of rebellion. I think, once CPS left, there was some intense interrogation going on in that house, and either Devonte owned up to what he&#8217;d done, or one of the other kids cracked.

I think the frantic departure of the whole family was more Sarah and Jen&#8217;s last ditch effort to enter the &#8220;honeymoon&#8221; phase of the abuse cycle, and get the kids back into line, rather than an attempt to flee CPS. They&#8217;d dealt with CPS before, and they probably thought they could fool them again. But it was crucial that the kids be onboard with that.

But&#8230; I don&#8217;t think it worked this time. I think by the end of the weekend, it was clear that the kids (at least some of them) weren&#8217;t going to be cowed, and that the whole fantasy world they&#8217;d constructed and carefully protected was about to come crashing down. IMO, that&#8217;s what ultimately lead them to drive over the edge of that cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne