Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I said in my original post, too-that the only picture that made me flummoxed was the painting one, but I didn't see it until last night. Had I only been looking at photos, I would not have suspected abuse, especially if the parents were friends and they were giving me totally acceptable reasons for why the kids were small (ie. they lied).

Thank you and HeidiTX232 for your perspectives. I am clearly the minority on here for believing the OR CPS documents as proof of effort on their part. It's easy in hindsight to blame "the system" for not intervening but these children presented their situation as GOOD. Most of the people who knew this family were fooled. The CPS report is thorough and well-researched. If they'd stayed in OR and more reports had come in, the history would have been there, and they may have been able to act and intervene. But that wouldn't have happened. S&J made sure they didn't stay in OR, and they moved again.

The blame belongs on those two women, the state of Texas, on anyone else who had concerns and didn't report them. I'm sure in OR, there are caseworkers who are deeply affected by the fact they were not able to act. And again, God Bless the Media for getting those documents to us.

Just my opinion.

In my own experience as a larger lady, fatness is especially demonized among the "all natural" crowd around here. As Jen figured out with her sinister cleverness, all she had to do was say the tiniest kid "used to be obese" and suddenly the scrutiny was off and she was a freakin' hero for getting the kid "off junk food" and down to a petite size. Absolutely virtue signaling. "You're just used to seeing fat people, we're SLENDER and VEGAN." rolling my eyes

Oh this is so true in many circles, vegan or not... And it is an obsession.

This makes me wonder who the doctor was that examined the children. Was he/she chosen by Jen and Sarah? Or assigned by CPS?

Because doctors are not one size fits all, either. And many are much more alarmed by childhood obesity than too thin? In 2013, these kids were still young, prepubescent?

Where I see the disconnect is the number of children off the chart, along with the callers concern about withholding food. -High risk assessment. -And no follow up, or plan... What a damn shame...

This makes me wonder who the doctor was that examined the children. Was he/she chosen by Jen and Sarah? Or assigned by CPS?

Because doctors are not one size fits all, either. And many are much more alarmed by childhood obesity than too thin? In 2013, these kids were still young, prepubescent?

Where I see the disconnect is the number of children off the chart, along with the callers concern about withholding food. And no follow up, or plan... What a damn shame...

To paraphrase the rationalization used by a different naturopath, in a different local case (not a newspaper worthy case, just humdrum legal system stuff) the growth charts are a tool of "the man" used to force arbitrary standards on people, and special folks, you know, enlightened ones who know how to eat right, can disregard them if they say a kid isn't growing fast enough. And of course "the man" and "big pharma" say that a baby with failure to thrive needs formula supplementation and iron drops. "Enlightened" folks know you can just put some concoction based around oat milk and chlorophyll into a bottle instead.

It's altogether too common. I know people who are really into CAM don't want to hear it, but the mindset involved does a whole lot of enabling child neglect.

Because doctors are not one size fits all, either.
And many are much more alarmed by childhood obesity than too thin? In 2013, these kids were still young, prepubescent?

Where I see the disconnect is the number of children off the chart, along with the callers concern about withholding food. And no follow up, or plan... What a damn shame...

BBM. Some pediatricians are flexible regarding the childhood vaccination schedule, some are absolutely inflexible on it (they administer vaccinations at the recommended intervals) and some will falsify records for you. Here’s an example: https://nypost.com/2007/11/25/needle-nos-doc-slapped/

edited to add: I’m pretty sure the Harts were able to find a doctor who subscribed to their “alternative” health regimen.

- I think they were groupies, and the children were their ticket to some kind of fame attention they were seeking. All the musicians, the BLM protest, The free Hugs project, and Bernie. I am sure I am missing a couple. Would anyone have paid attention to just them?

They used their kids and Devonte in particular as their back stage pass, and their front and center chosen image. Crafting a narrative that was based in fiction.

The festival circuit was just their stage. It could have been any group...

Where this feels maudlin, with a minefield of metaphors, is in the usury of children, on a stage, at a festival, on FB, - It has some tones of vaudeville. -Of exhibition. -Of a time when children really had no rights. Forcing Devonte onstage with the musician for that extended hug and breakdown spun as his devoted heart. Same with the iconic photo at the BLM protest. The we are greatful thanksgiving video. The publishing of a child dancing in his skivvies.

Jen was not smart but she found like minded people to group on to, and shunned the ones who caught on, saw through her.

Her community only saw what she wanted them to see. The children only knew what she wanted them to know.

It was only when she couldn't control the narrative that she ended it for all. I don't know where this all fits into the psychology, but this woman was self deluded, living in a fictional world. She may have been articulate, but still not much saner than the Turpins.
So true! Well said!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Snippets from this article:
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/hart_family_crash_oregon_relea.html
cache.php

Jen Hart posted this picture on Facebook of three of her children in February 2013, five months before Oregon child welfare officials opened an investigation into whether the parents were denying the children needed food. Shown are, from left, Jeremiah, then three weeks from turning 9, Sierra, then 7, and Devonte, then 10. A doctor determined that the weights and heights of all the Hart children except Jeremiah were below growth charts for their ages.
cache.php

This photo collage shared on Facebook shows Markis, 8, Hannah, 4, and Abigail, 2, Hart at the time of their adoption in 2006 by Jen and Sarah Hart, according to a caption written by Jen Hart. A friend told child welfare investigators that Jen Hart described Hannah as morbidly obese when she was adopted.

I ws shocked to see these photos of such beautiful children.... hard to picture them as the same young ones we first met here. Has it ever been determined why Markis had such prominent jaws? (Fogive me, but I have not been able to keep up daily)

The worst case of child abuse and neglect is rare. It is called "Intentional Starvation". It is so shocking that even doctors find it difficult to comprehend.

Apparently, the state of TX was paying the Hart's $400 each month, per adopted child. Devonte told his neighbor that his mothers were trying to keep them hidden. Is it possible the mothers were attempting to kill these children by Intentional Starvation so the state of TX would continue sending the mothers those lucrative checks each month? We may never know.

Note the classic symptom of starvation is the distended belly.
attachment.php

Jen Hart
Published on Dec 27, 2014

[video=youtube;jrp2EXBHmE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrp2EXBHmE0[/video]

Jen Hart
Published on Nov 21, 2012
"We are so provided for"

[video=youtube;9Ch0sAxJ3ks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ch0sAxJ3ks[/video]

I think it was done to them out of sadism - but you may be right. Perhaps a combination.
Thanks for the links. I force myself to watch those videos, have seen them a few times. I HATE THEM!!!!!!!
"We are so provided for...." NOT. I so want to use nasty words about those women who were given the most precious and trusting little persons to take care of - and did all this to them.
Yes, it is clear they were starved, protruding bellies, rib cages showing - skeletal. Poor, poor babies. This case is developing into such a tale of horrors.

I also HATE that Markis and Hannah are NOT there. Are they tied up in their beds, blindfolded and starving?
Or maybe in the same room as their siblings (listlessly) are performing in, but standing staring into each their corner forbidden to join the "fun", deemed unworthy by sick, twisted women.

One thing I would like to see is Jen and Sarah in court. I would like to see them facing what they did. Facing it in front of the whole world to see what evil monsters they were.
But they took the cowardly way out.
I am happy we are here to expose them, even though they cannot face us anymore. I am happy there are reporters digging into this hideous case, at least giving the kids some justice in death.
We mourn those kids, I can feel it from you people here.

This is a massive tragedy. Those kids were let down so badly.
Worst thing is, I don´t think anything will be learned from this. I see cases in my own, very small country. Some abusive families manage to keep awful abuse going on for years by moving from municipality to municipality - their case files don´t move with them.
Incredible in this day and age where everything is put on record minutely in databases.
Tells me that the welfare of children really isn´t a high priority.

Few links and data:
- This is the Twitter account of the now-defunct agency that handled the children adoption from Texas. They showed an ad by the couple seeking adopting 1-3 more children. They used a photo of Markis and Devonte as their profile pic. Their bio reads: Influencing and changing the lives of children by securing supportive, loving, and permanent families for them in Minnesota across state lines. They clearly changed those children's lives!
https://twitter.com/permanentfamily
- The NGO worked mostly on children from Texas. In 2009, out of 46 children adopted, "35 were from Texas."
- I found a thread about 'grey/ gray arket adobtion' on your forum https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ies-and-leads/page2&highlight=permanentfamily Entry number 263 by user Mum mentioned this NGO :
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...tion-Theories-and-leads&p=4814064#post4814064
- The couple's ad on the NGO site below (from Internet Archive as the website is no longer available):
Family Name: Jennifer & Sara H.
# of Children In Home: 3
Characteristics of Family: Jen and Sarah are experienced parents that have fostered one child and have adopted three children; Markis, Hannah & Abigail. They are a fun, active family. The whole family is eager to open their hearts and their home to adopted children.
Age Range: 0-8
Ethnicity: Any
# Children Desired: 1-3
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PermanentFamilyTwitterProfilePic.jpg
    PermanentFamilyTwitterProfilePic.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 580
  • Children c 2007.jpg
    Children c 2007.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 567
  • Children c 2007 with the 000.jpg
    Children c 2007 with the 000.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 565
  • ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 560
RE: Hannah. She didn't loose her permanent front teeth until May 2012. The details about the shoved banana incident is dated 2011. Makes me wonder, however, with the comments about Hannah being disrespectful and also actively seeking out other food sources and reporting the lack of food, that the loss of the front teeth later on is related to this ongoing issue. I really don't believe Jen's account that she tripped and fell. These newly released details show just how brutal and cruel Jen was capable of being over the tiniest of infractions.

One thing is for sure: Poor Hannah "fell" an awful lot.

Few links and data:
- This is the Twitter account of the now-defunct agency that handled the children adoption from Texas. They showed an ad by the couple seeking adopting 1-3 more children. They used a photo of Markis and Devonte as their profile pic. Their bio reads: Influencing and changing the lives of children by securing supportive, loving, and permanent families for them in Minnesota across state lines. They clearly changed those children's lives!
- The NGO worked mostly on children from Texas. In 2009, out of 46 children adopted, "35 were from Texas."
- I found a thread about 'grey/ gray arket adobtion' on your forum https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ies-and-leads/page2&highlight=permanentfamily Entry number 263 by user Mum mentioned this NGO :
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...tion-Theories-and-leads&p=4814064#post4814064
- The couple's ad on the NGO site below (from Internet Archive as the website is no longer available):
Characteristics of Family: Jen and Sarah are experienced parents that have fostered one child and have adopted three children; Markis, Hannah & Abigail. They are a fun, active family. The whole family is eager to open their hearts and their home to adopted children.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Amazing sleuthing, Mira.

Few links and data:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Adoption agency has placed 200 children in Fergus area

https://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/2008/04/adoption-agency-has-placed-200-children-in-fergus-area/

^^ At minimum couldn't he/she have asked for a follow up in 6 weeks to get a baseline?

The doctor did kind of say that they needed additional monitoring. According to the report: "Given the nature of the information reported and the prior DHS concerns, Dr. ___ indicated she would send the case manager information to monitor this family and request follow up physical appointments in 6 months."

I realize that it was difficult for that doctor to draw an big conclusions because she didn't have a baseline, but if they were so underweight that they weren't even on the charts, then why not do some simple tests, like checking for ketones? That's what they always do to seek if my son is undernourished. They can do it now through a breath test. Or check them for vitamin deficiencies? I do feel like there were things that could have been done at that time, and those are things that our very underfunded office would have done in most circumstances.

Few links and data:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Age range 0-8. Wasn't Dontay 9? They definitely wanted young children and I wonder why at least 1 boy?

IMO

"Few links and data:
- This is the Twitter account of the now-defunct agency that handled the children adoption from Texas. They showed an ad by the couple seeking adopting 1-3 more children. They used a photo of Markis and Devonte as their profile pic. Their bio reads: Influencing and changing the lives of children by securing supportive, loving, and permanent families for them in Minnesota across state lines. They clearly changed those children's lives"

The "Agency" was only ever a pair of professional adopters, who have built their lives and careers around adoption. FWIW They are still very active online. They've authored numerous books on adopting and making the most of it, including financial assistance.

edited to remove a reference

I wonder how they feel about setting this one up.

"Few links and data:
- This is the Twitter account of the now-defunct agency that handled the children adoption from Texas. They showed an ad by the couple seeking adopting 1-3 more children. They used a photo of Markis and Devonte as their profile pic. Their bio reads: Influencing and changing the lives of children by securing supportive, loving, and permanent families for them in Minnesota across state lines. They clearly changed those children's lives"

The "Agency" was only ever a pair of professional adopters, who have built their lives and careers around adoption. FWIW They are still very active online, One now works for a (not too long ago in legal jep) boys home. They've authored numerous books on adopting and making the most of it, including financial assistance.

I wonder how they feel about setting this one up.

Someone should reach out to a journalist or press member who has been covering this and see if they will pursue an interview. Kristin Rawls or one of the writers at Oregon Live....

They didn’t want the foster teen because she wanted to use wire hangers? I took it to mean the teen wanted to use those to hang her clothes instead of plastic? Why is that a reason to give up a child. Am I missing something here? Those two were evil witches.

They didn’t want the foster teen because she wanted to use wire hangers? I took it to mean the teen wanted to use those to hang her clothes instead of plastic? Why is that a reason to give up a child. Am I missing something here? Those two were evil witches.

I'm not getting that, either. I also took it to mean that she wanted to use wire hangers.

Age range 0-8. Wasn't Dontay 9? They definitely wanted young children and I wonder why at least 1 boy?

IMO
I don't remember DeVonte' s age when adopted but I would guess that they wanted a boy so that Markis wasn't the only boy in the household. Or at least that was the excuse.

I have to say, that picture of them all together is probably the most genuine one I've seen of them all yet. Sarah looks reserved but like she's trying and Jen has a bit of a crazy, worrisome look behind that smile. Jen kind of creeps me out in it. But of course that could be because of what we know now.

ETA: According to this link the kids were adopted in 2009 which would mean that DeVonte was about 6 at the time.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2018/03/for_devonte_and_his_siblings_p.amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55