CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
57 times there was a breach with his ankle monitor in a 2 month span.
Having a back operation today because of “pain” .

Hinky meter going cra-cray at my house!
MOO

My question - does this effect the criminal case evidence?
IMO he still is operating like an elitist predator pig.
I don't have an answer for your question, but I agree that he should not be able to buy his way out of a this.

This is an older article about Donna Rotunno, Harvey’s lawyer.
Birds of a feather....IMO

The 4 Most Troubling Facts About Harvey Weinstein's New Lawyer
Rotunno said she can cross-examine subjects with “more venom” because she is a womana tactic she will presumably put into effect with the Weinstein case. “I have the ability to get away with a lot more in a courtroom cross-examining a female than a male lawyer does,” Rotunno said. “He may be an excellent lawyer, but if he goes at that woman with the same venom that I do, he looks like a bully.
If I do it, nobody even bats an eyelash. And it’s been very effective.”

This is an older article about Donna Rotunno, Harvey’s lawyer.
Birds of a feather....IMO

The 4 Most Troubling Facts About Harvey Weinstein's New Lawyer
Rotunno said she can cross-examine subjects with “more venom” because she is a womana tactic she will presumably put into effect with the Weinstein case. “I have the ability to get away with a lot more in a courtroom cross-examining a female than a male lawyer does,” Rotunno said. “He may be an excellent lawyer, but if he goes at that woman with the same venom that I do, he looks like a bully.
If I do it, nobody even bats an eyelash. And it’s been very effective.”
She is a Chicago attorney --he has gone through so many lawyers who decided not to represent him including Jose Baez. She seems to specialize in representing men accused of sex crimes ---I think that she took this on for the exposure. She also represented former Chicago Bears player Shaun Gayle during the trial of Marni Yang--just as an aside--why did a criminal defense attorney for Shaun Gayle need to come to trial when Marni Yang was on trial?

She is a Chicago attorney --he has gone through so many lawyers who decided not to represent him including Jose Baez. She seems to specialize in representing men accused of sex crimes ---I think that she took this on for the exposure. She also represented former Chicago Bears player Shaun Gayle during the trial of Marni Yang--just as an aside--why did a criminal defense attorney for Shaun Gayle need to come to trial when Marni Yang was on trial?
She reminds me of Sandra Bernhard

JMO

She does exude confidence and is very stylish in a flashy way. I think its a big risk to represent Weinstein--it could make or break her career. I think that the Weinstein trial should be interesting

She does exude confidence and is very stylish in a flashy way. I think its a big risk to represent Weinstein--it could make or break her career. I think that the Weinstein trial should be interesting

I read her bio. She’s never dealt with this volume of accusers, evidence, witnesses.There’s something both troubling & revealing about her quote I post upthread.
It’s like she’s the female version of him IMO.

MOO

I read her bio. She’s never dealt with this volume of accusers, evidence, witnesses.There’s something both troubling & revealing about her quote I post upthread.
It’s like she’s the female version of him IMO.

MOO
I had the same reaction BeachSky. I need to find the quote that I read and reread trying to make sense of it because it sounded like she was implying that a woman was asking for it. That is going to set women back decades. It should be an interesting trial.

IMO no female bully lawyer can undo what this predator slob has done for years.

Salma Hayek writes op-ed in The New York Times:
“Harvey Weinstein is my monster too”

Hayek recounts years of saying “no” to Weinstein: “No to opening the door to him at all hours of the night, hotel after hotel, location after location, where he would show up unexpectedly, including one location where I was doing a movie he wasn’t even involved with. No to me taking a shower with him. No to letting him watch me take a shower. No to letting him give me a massage. No to letting a naked friend of his give me a massage. No to letting him give me oral sex. No to my getting naked with another woman. No, no, no, no, no …” before he allegedly threatened her with “I will kill you, don’t think I can’t.”

Should be an interesting trial. I do think its a good strategy to have a female attorney in this type of case. Although I don't think you can do much better then Jose Baez in most situations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back