CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
More charges......:eek:

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein has been charged with rape and other sexual assault offences in Los Angeles, on the same day his criminal trial in a separate case began in New York.
Weinstein faces new felony charges of forcible rape, forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by use of force and sexual battery by restraint, Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement.

Harvey Weinstein hit with new charges on same day rape trial begins

More charges......:eek:

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein has been charged with rape and other sexual assault offences in Los Angeles, on the same day his criminal trial in a separate case began in New York.
Weinstein faces new felony charges of forcible rape, forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by use of force and sexual battery by restraint, Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement.

Harvey Weinstein hit with new charges on same day rape trial begins
Great timing for these new charges. He has it coming at him from all directions.

Source: NY Daily News

A frail Harvey Weinstein arrived at Manhattan Criminal Court Monday leaning on a walker and needing help getting up stairs. The perv producer was pale and flanked by his legal team as roughly 20 protesters holding signs reading “Believe Survivors” and “Justice for Survivors" watched him shuffle into the courthouse.

“Thank god your mother is not here to see this,” one protester hollered at Weinstein, who was forced to use the walker after undergoing back surgery recently, according to his lawyers.

The disgraced film producer ignored questions from dozens of reporters as he shuffled toward Justice James Burke’s 13th-floor courtroom for last-minute legal arguments ahead of Tuesday’s kickoff to a trial expected to last as long as eight weeks and bring in journalists and film stars from all over the world.

His attorney asked the judge to sequester the jury for the entire trial ― a request Judge Burke immediately denied.

Harvey Weinstein, leaning on a walker and his lawyers, appears in Manhattan court for last-minute arguments ahead of sex assault trial

Harvey Weinstein is only 67 years old

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 5.43.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 5.43.42 PM.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 12
Weinstein — who is 67 but has visibly aged since his May 2018 arrest in New York — was in court with his five attorneys for a final conference before jury selection begins in his trial on rape and sexual assault allegations involving three women. He faces the possibility of life in prison in the New York case and has pleaded not guilty.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...f3fb20-30b4-11ea-9313-6cba89b1b9fb_story.html

Harvey Weinstein Threatened With Jail By NYC Rape Trial Judge – Deadline

Judge James Burke threatened Weinstein that he would toss him in state prison for relentless texting and using his cell phone in court.
“Is this really the way you want to end up in jail for the rest of your life by texting in violation of an order?” the Empire State Supreme Court Justice sharply asked the gray-suited producer, who had moved up to sit at the defense table. Cautioning Weinstein not to say much, the clearly irritated Burke then turned his ire on attorneys Donna Rotunno and Arthur Aidala for letting their client have a phone despite having repeatedly been ordered not to – as is the strictly enforced case for everyone in Burke’s courtroom.

I really feel for his victims who are going to be subjected to his relentless legal team. No amount of money could make me represent someone like him.

I generally don’t mind defense attorneys. They’re a necessary part of our justice system. It’s when they use scrupulous tactics and, worse yet, justify it, that it really bothers me. That’s said, I deal mostly with criminal stuff so it’s different from the civil stuff that Weinstein is involved with.

Gigi Hadid is among the potential jurors in the Harvey Weinstein trial - CNN

Hadid, sitting in the jury box, said she had met the former film producer. When asked by the Judge if she could be fair and impartial, Hadid answered, "Yes."

After reading a list of potential witnesses, the Judge asked the jury pool if they knew of anyone on the list. Hadid raised her hand and said, "I have met Salma Hayek," according to the pool reporter.

Hadid was among 35 potential jurors who were asked to fill out a jury questionnaire and return to court on Thursday.

Harvey Weinstein’s Jury Has Been
Picked....
The 12-person jury for Harvey Weinstein’s rape and sexual-assault trial was finalized today. The gender breakdown is equal, but the panel’s main demographic is white men, with the final breakdown being six white men, a black man, a Latina woman, two black women, and two white women.

Opening arguments will be made on January 22.

Last edited:
Harvey Weinstein’s Jury Has Been
Picked....
The 12-person jury for Harvey Weinstein’s rape and sexual-assault trial was finalized today. The gender breakdown is equal, but the panel’s main demographic is white men, with the final breakdown being six white men, a black man, a Latina woman, two black women, and two white women.

Opening arguments will be made on January 22.
Not clear why they say the gender breakdown is equal? 6+1 = 7 men, 1+2+2 = 5 women.

Am I missing something? I’m an engineer so I’m fairly certain I have that right.

7 does not equal 5.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSP MORSE