CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://pagesix.com/2020/02/04/harv...u-EexK29w0zqdRcYtGahCoyiSOMQPGHShxdSVJ5NyRkjQ

The Manhattan jury in the Harvey Weinstein rape trial was shown nude photos of him Tuesday.One of the female jurors made a slight face, while a male panelist opened his eyes widely at the photos, which were introduced as evidence, although not for the public’s eyes.Weinstein later joked to reporters about the embarrassing snaps, which will presumably be used to corroborate his alleged victims’ description of his genitalia.
“Mr. Weinstein, were those naked photos of you that the jury looked at?” a journalist asked him outside court.
Weinstein replied, “No, it was Playboy.”

What do my fellow Websleuths think is going to happen in this case? I am really concerned that Weinstein may walk. I hope that the jury can see that all of these women have suffered remarkably similar assaults. Weinstein had a method of attack. I do think that the prosecution has done a good job of showing that each of these women suffered similar violations--the bathroom mirror, his exposing himself and pleasuring himself in front of them, etc. The aggressive penetration and oral stimulation against their will. The testimony of Jessica Mann may be confusing for some to sort through, because she did have a consensual sexual relationship with him and remained in contact with him afterwards , but that doesn't mean that he didn't rape her. Women can be raped by their husbands and remain married to them. Personally, I thought that her honesty about her abuse background made her inability to deal with him more understandable--she didn't have good self esteem and never learned healthy boundaries. All of these women were vulnerable to a very powerful and manipulative man. Weinstein is truly a repulsive slob who abused many women.

What do my fellow Websleuths think is going to happen in this case? I am really concerned that Weinstein may walk. I hope that the jury can see that all of these women have suffered remarkably similar assaults. Weinstein had a method of attack. I do think that the prosecution has done a good job of showing that each of these women suffered similar violations--the bathroom mirror, his exposing himself and pleasuring himself in front of them, etc. The aggressive penetration and oral stimulation against their will. The testimony of Jessica Mann may be confusing for some to sort through, because she did have a consensual sexual relationship with him and remained in contact with him afterwards , but that doesn't mean that he didn't rape her. Women can be raped by their husbands and remain married to them. Personally, I thought that her honesty about her abuse background made her inability to deal with him more understandable--she didn't have good self esteem and never learned healthy boundaries. All of these women were vulnerable to a very powerful and manipulative man. Weinstein is truly a repulsive slob who abused many women.
Agree with everything you said here. I hope that these women’s openness and honesty of their experiences is enough for the jury to convict him.

And why doesn’t this man have testicles? Very odd!

@rjay....interesting question. I haven't thought carefully about why his private parts are not normal. In thinking about it now, I wonder if an angry partner or victim cut them off? He supposedly fathered children so he must have had them at some point. One of his victims said that his genitals looked as if it was sewn on and was like a burn victim. Maybe he just had a deformity from birth, but it doesn't make sense....
I didn't understand the need for those salacious details at first, but it makes perfect sense now and it helped to validate one of the key complaining witnesses testimony for the jury to know. The women suffered great humiliation and emotional anguish themselves--I don't think it was vindictive to talk about him in a disparaging way--it was simply descriptive.

Oh
@rjay....interesting question. I haven't thought carefully about why his private parts are not normal. In thinking about it now, I wonder if an angry partner or victim cut them off? He supposedly fathered children so he must have had them at some point. One of his victims said that his genitals looked as if it was sewn on and was like a burn victim. Maybe he just had a deformity from birth, but it doesn't make sense....
I didn't understand the need for those salacious details at first, but it makes perfect sense now and it helped to validate one of the key complaining witnesses testimony for the jury to know. The women suffered great humiliation and emotional anguish themselves--I don't think it was vindictive to talk about him in a disparaging way--it was simply descriptive.
Oh, I wasn’t aware that he had biological children. If that’s the case I can only think that he may have undescended testicles. Or he’s just so fat that you can’t see them?

I don’t know. But it is a very specific physical characteristic that validates the witness testimony.

What do my fellow Websleuths think is going to happen in this case? I am really concerned that Weinstein may walk.

The way he uses that walker* (which indicates to me it is merely a prop and not needed) - IF he does indeed 'walk' on the charges- I wonder if he will suddenly not need the walker any longer? I envision him like a plant at one of those miracle televangelist rallies- dropping it and running!

*walking frame for those of you overseas

@rjay Thank you for your reply and comment. I only knew that Harvey had kids because his attorneys mentioned them when questioning Jessica presumably to make her look bad for "dating" a married man with children. Apparently she didn't know about his wife initially and later learned about his kids.
I never had thought that his obesity may have distorted the appearance of his private area--good call. It sounds like the jury is handling all of those details in a professional way from what the reporters have been saying. It is so personal and I imagine may be uncomfy for a jury to talk about

From commentary of Chandley with Court TV...she said the jury dressed up beginning day of defense’s case. The Jury seemed United , passed around a can of peanuts ,snacking, while listening to Harvey’s team. I may be a bit of a sensitive & an over thinker but I surmise the Jury believes those women and see the predator HW is ...and are going through the motions respectfully now listening to the defense try to poke holes. Jury is showing their intelligence & power in the presence of this “celebrity mogul”. I think Donna picking men for the jury may of been an old school mistake of the defense. I think men especially will see and be repulsed at HW’s method of operation.
Lastly, the Prosecutor is nailing it on cross of defense witnesses.

MOO

Last edited:
I think this sums up the attitude of HW- and is the most offensive part, imvho...

“Mr. Weinstein’s lawyers... paint the accusers as opportunistic women who... had transactional sex with Mr. Weinstein to advance their own careers.”

The threat of being blackballed was very high with this man imo. He is most nauseating on so many different levels. Mo

#HarveyWeinstein – GRAPHIC testimony. Jessica Mann is asked to describe HW anatomy. She said she thought he was deformed, said he doesn’t have testicles and looks like he has a vagina. She said he looked like a burn victim.
— Law & Crime Network (@LawCrimeNetwork) January 31, 2020

Harvey Weinstein Rape Accuser Shocks with Description of Defendant’s Genitals
@Gardenista- I will never click on that article. Ever. I can handle homicide details of every horrible kind, but I cannot stomach the gory details of HW’s privates. Ever. Nope. Rollin’ & scrollin’! :eek::D

I think that Weinstein may very well walk (without his walker too) I don't think that anyone doubts that he abused his power to take advantage of beautiful women, but I think that people will judge these women for continuing to have contact with him. It may seem convoluted but its not like befriending someone who raped you in a dark alley--this man drew these women in precisely because he was powerful and that same power kept them in his sphere of influence--much like an abused prostitute would defend or continue to "work" for a pimp--because he has power over them.

HW’$ publicist was on Court TV saying that Harvey is so well loved in Italy, Ireland ,etc ..where he has made movies. Publicist says HW can go on and have a career in many other countries.
Taking a page from pervert Polanski’s book.
I’ll be glad when his team has to wipe those silly smiles off their faces.
MOO

Anybody seen speculation on how long deliberations are expected to take? Only 3 week trial, so I wouldn’t think too long. Either way, we won’t be done hearing about HW for quite some time.

“Regardless of the outcome, Weinstein will face yet another criminal case in Los Angeles.”
Jury deliberations in Harvey Weinstein rape trial to begin ...

Anybody seen speculation on how long deliberations are expected to take? Only 3 week trial, so I wouldn’t think too long. Either way, we won’t be done hearing about HW for quite some time.

“Regardless of the outcome, Weinstein will face yet another criminal case in Los Angeles.”
Jury deliberations in Harvey Weinstein rape trial to begin ...

Vinnie Politan uses the rule of one day of deliberation for every week of trial. So that would be three days of course.

Not sure how tried, and true it is though, but it may be pretty accurate in this case.

Jmho

Judging by the questions from the jury ...IMO they are going to charge him with something. And the look on his face leaving court today ..I think he knows it. The defense has tried this weekend to publicly threaten/shame ( pick one) the jury to “do the right thing” and today ask judge to get rid of juror 11 (who they did not want orig , but were out of strikes).
Defense team comes across much like the entitled predator ...bullying for what they want.

MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
podreal