CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not really consider the verdicts to be a dark day for justice. Weinstein was convicted of a first degree criminal sexual act which carries a prison sentence of up to 25 years. He was also convicted of third degree rape which is up to 4 years in prison. I figure he will get at least 10 years of prison time total. At least Weinstein is not "gonna walk" as so many had predicted.

After the verdict was read, Justice James M. Burke thanked the jurors for their “care and concentration” before they left the courtroom. As they filed out, Juror No. 6 stared at Mr. Weinstein.

The judge then announced that Mr. Weinstein would immediately be sent to jail to await his sentencing. But as court officers approached him, the producer seemed stunned and refused to move.

Moments later, he was handcuffed and removed from the room, limping with two officers standing by his side.

Live Updates: Harvey Weinstein Is Found Guilty of Rape

5 to up to 25 years for top charge

I do not really consider the verdicts to be a dark day for justice. Weinstein was convicted of a first degree criminal sexual act which carries a prison sentence of up to 25 years. He was also convicted of third degree rape which is up to 4 years in prison. I figure he will get at least 10 years of prison time total. At least Weinstein is not "gonna walk" as so many had predicted.
Let’s hope it’s the max though...on March 11

CourtTV said he has to have an injection into his eyes every day. :eek::eek::eek: What could that be for?

Nah- eye drops methinks. I don;t know of ANY condition requiring daily intra-ocular injections. (I do have a friend who gets them monthly and all I can say is you would have to SEDATE ME for that)

What a dark day for justice.

The jury more or less thumbed their nose to the victims, and to the DA by acquitting him on the three most serious charges. He was a predator, and everyone knew it. Well I guess his jury doesnt believe it. Ugh! Money, and Hollywood elitism talks again.

I hope he still serves hard time for years.

Jmho

I'm not sure the jury didn't believe it, but that some of them determined prosecutor didn't prove it.

But, I'll take this verdict because it means he is RIGHT NOW behind bars. I really, really hope the judge gives him either the max or close to it when sentencing. It's possible if the sentence is long enough, it will essentially be a life sentence.

His freedom needs to be taken away for the rest of his life, imo. He's a menace (and so are all the people who enabled him, laughed, and/or looked the other way).

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back