CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure the jury didn't believe it, but that some of them determined prosecutor didn't prove it.

But, I'll take this verdict because it means he is RIGHT NOW behind bars. I really, really hope the judge gives him either the max or close to it when sentencing. It's possible if the sentence is long enough, it will essentially be a life sentence.

His freedom needs to be taken away for the rest of his life, imo. He's a menace (and so are all the people who enabled him, laughed, and/or looked the other way).

jmo

How many more victims needed to testify to prove to the jurors he is indeed a serial predator?

Jmho

What is the difference between 1st and 3rd degree rape under NY law? I'm trying to understand that the jury believed occurred on that charge.
BBM:

"In New York, a person is guilty of third-degree rape when they engage in nonconsensual sex with another person."

" A person is guilty of a criminal sexual act in the first degree if they engage in oral or anal sex with someone who is incapable of consent, or if they use 'forcible compulsion,' meaning they employed force or the threat of force to commit the crime....This is a class B felony and is the most serious crime of which Weinstein was convicted."

Breaking Down Harvey Weinstein’s Verdict

How many more victims needed to testify to prove to the jurors he is indeed a predator?

Jmho
I am NOT defending the not-guilty verdicts, but I also don't think it's the number of victims that would make a difference, but that the prosecutor didn't convince some jury members.

I'm convinced, but I wasn't on the jury.

jmo

Here's what he might expect at the Riker's Island Infirmary:

"'The medical infirmary was literally the DOC [Department of Corrections] garage before they decided to upgrade their bus fleet to another site and hand the space over to us for our sickest patients,' Venters writes. 'I’ve often heard complaints about inmates who would file lawsuits about bits of the ceiling material falling down on them, but the scope of the problem became clear to me when we received a report that a rotting animal carcass had fallen into the patient area.'"

Do Jails Kill People?

"'Harvey Weinstein operated with impunity and without remorse for decades in Hollywood. Yet, it still took years, and millions of voices raised, for one man to be held accountable by the justice system,' the Me Too organization said in a statement."

Actresses and activists react to Harvey Weinstein verdict

Imo, any disappointment in today's verdict needs to be set aside so that momentum GOES FORWARD. Today was not the end, but the beginning.

jmo

At least he is now in custody.
What next?

"Since the Manhattan case culminated Monday with Weinstein’s conviction on rape and sexual-assault charges, LA officials say they will now proceed with theirs....

"He’ll be cooling his heels in a Manhattan jail until his sentencing March 11, after which he is expected to be extradited to Los Angeles for those cases....

"Weinstein’s lawyers have said he will immediately appeal his guilty Manhattan verdict."

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/24/what...3.1509658474.1581907594-1571985433.1581907594

Bill Cosby (?!?!?!?) has chimed in:

"Cosby, one of the country’s most beloved comedians-turned-sex convict, directed his spokesman, Andrew Wyatt, to release a statement on social media railing against Monday’s verdict, which found Weinstein guilty of rape and another criminal sex act.

'Here’s the question that should haunt all Americans, especially wealthy and famous men,' wrote Wyatt on Bill Cosby’s Instagram page. 'Where do we go in this country to find fairness and impartiality in the judicial system; and where do we go in this country to find Due Process?'

'If the #metoo movement isn’t just about Becky [White women], I would challenge #metoo and ask them to go back 400+ years and tarnish the names of those oppressors that raped slaves,' according to the posting. This is a very sad day in the American Judicial System.'

'This is not shocking because these jurors were not sequestered, which gave them access to media coverage and the sentiments of public opinion,' the Cosby Instagram posting wrote. 'There’s no way you would have anyone believe that Mr. Weinstein was going to receive a fair and impartial trial.'"

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/24/conv...utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

I am NOT defending the not-guilty verdicts, but I also don't think it's the number of victims that would make a difference, but that the prosecutor didn't convince some jury members.

I'm convinced, but I wasn't on the jury.

jmo

I wasn't directing my frustration against you at all Inthedetails. I'm sorry you took it that way.

My frustration is totally with the jurors. That's why I said how many victims have to come forward for them to know he's a serial sex predator.

While I'm grateful they at least convicted on the two lesser charges, I truly dont understand how they cant think this horrid man isn't a predator. I could possibly understand if only one victim had testified.

I hope his sentence is harsh on March 11th. Then hopefully in short time he will be shipped off to stand trial in CA.

Jmho

"Since the Manhattan case culminated Monday with Weinstein’s conviction on rape and sexual-assault charges, LA officials say they will now proceed with theirs....

"He’ll be cooling his heels in a Manhattan jail until his sentencing March 11, after which he is expected to be extradited to Los Angeles for those cases....

"Weinstein’s lawyers have said he will immediately appeal his guilty Manhattan verdict."

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/24/what...3.1509658474.1581907594-1571985433.1581907594

How many charges does he have in LA? TIA.

Reactions: BUF
Of course, Cosby supports him, if Epstein were still alive, I’m sure he’d be another supporter. I wonder if Weinstein will end up the same as Epstein, imagine the names Weinstein could make public.

I wasn't directing my frustration against you at all Inthedetails. I'm sorry you took it that way.

My frustration is totally with the jurors. That's why I said how many victims have to come forward for them to know he's a serial sex predator.

While I'm grateful they at least convicted on the two lesser charges, I truly dont understand how they cant think this horrid man isn't a predator. I could possibly understand if only one victim had testified.

I hope his sentence is harsh on March 11th. Then hopefully in short time he will be shipped off to stand trial in CA.

Jmho
I hear ya, OBE. It's all good. We're here for the same reason.

:)

sorry if this has been covered, i haven't followed the whole thread, but when Jessica Mann described his genitalia she said 'no testicles and a penis that looks like a vagina'... another witness said it looked like his penis had been cut off and sewn back on and he had no testicles..... i am so confused about this. why would he have no testicles? could he have Klinefelter syndrome? I am just so baffled...

Jmho
As much as I believe HW is a predator, I’m not sure I could have convicted on all counts either. And I’m ALL FOR “me too”! But so much time has passed & what we hear in media is not as the jury heard it. On the bright side, it IS a step forward & after trials in LA & UK, HW will likely die in prison alone, bankrupt & forgotten. Jmo

This was just tweeted a few minutes ago:

"Harvey Weinstein has been taken to Bellevue Hospital,
@Chloe_Melas
and
@JeanCasarezCNN
report. Reason is unknown. After the hospital, he's expected to be transferred to Rikers Island."

Brian Stelter on Twitter

Honestly, I'm doubting he'll ever serve time at Riker's (horrible place, tbh) but will get some medical release to serve time in a more comfortable place. I hope he is treated like the low-life criminal he is.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back