CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Judging by the questions from the jury ...IMO they are going to charge him with something. And the look on his face leaving court today ..I think he knows it. The defense has tried this weekend to publicly threaten/shame ( pick one) the jury to “do the right thing” and today ask judge to get rid of juror 11 (who they did not want orig , but were out of strikes).
Defense team comes across much like the entitled predator ...bullying for what they want.
MOO
Novelist Who Wrote About Predatory Men Stays on Harvey Weinstein Jury

Another note from jurors this morning...

The jury sent a note to the judge at 9:50 a.m. on Wednesday, requesting to hear all of the testimony from the production assistant, Miriam Haley. Ms. Haley is one of two women whose allegations form the basis of the indictment against Mr. Weinstein.
By late Wednesday morning, the courtroom was again transformed into a stage for Ms. Haley’s recollections, as jurors listened intently as two court reporters read Ms. Haley’s testimony from Jan. 27.

Weinstein Jurors Focus on ‘Project Runway’ Assistant’s Complaint

The jury in the Harvey Weinstein sex-crimes trial told the judge Friday that they are unable to reach a verdict on the two predatory sexual assault counts against him but are unanimous on the other three counts. The judge told them to keep deliberating about a half hour before they were dismissed for the weekend. Deliberations will resume Monday morning.

Harvey Weinstein jury has partial verdict, judge says deliberate more

https://twitter.com/ChanleyCourtTV

Chanley Shá Painter

@ChanleyCourtTV
Feb 21
#BREAKING Jurors in the #HarveyWeinsteinTrial say: “We the jury ask if we can be hung on 1 and or 3 and unanimous on the other charges.” The judge tells the jury to keep working. @courttv

Chanley Shá Painter

@ChanleyCourtTV
Feb 21
#HarveyWeinstein jury indicates it is split on the most serious counts - predatory sexual assault:
Count 1: Mimi Haley & Annabella Sciorra
Count 3: Jessica Mann & Annabella Sciorra
@CourtTV

Chanley Shá Painter
@ChanleyCourtTV

Feb 21
NOW: Comment from #HarveyWeinstein’s publicist re: the jury’s note to @courttv
“Everyone is speculating that the jury has found Harvey Weinstein guilty on several charges, based on a note that the jury sent. But that is a huge stretch to assume. ...” (Continued thread)

Chanley Shá Painter
@ChanleyCourtTV

Feb 21
“The jury has not indicated to us that they have reached a verdict on any counts. They simply asked to for additional clarification on the jury instructions. To speculate on the verdict now would be premature and a mistake.”
-Juda Engelmayer to @CourtTV

If they are hung on the most serious charges its not good news for Harvey. Most likely means they are guilty on the lessor charges but there is some hold outs on the more serious charges.

Would not make any sense the other way around if they would be not guilty on the lessor charges but then hung on the more serious charges.

But we will probably find out for sure on Monday I would imagine.

Thoughts?

If they are hung on the most serious charges its not good news for Harvey. Most likely means they are guilty on the lessor charges but there is some hold outs on the more serious charges.

Would not make any sense the other way around if they would be not guilty on the lessor charges but then hung on the more serious charges.

But we will probably find out for sure on Monday I would imagine.

Thoughts?

I was thinking that way too. But I came across an article which states:
According to the verdict sheet, the Manhattan Supreme Court jury can’t consider charges of rape and criminal sexual assault against Weinstein unless it first reaches a verdict on more serious counts of predatory sexual assault, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.
So now I'm confused lol.

Here's the full article: https://pagesix.com/2020/02/21/jury...y-weinstein-or-sign-of-confusion-experts-say/

Verdict
Count 1 NG
Count 2 G
Count 3 NG
Count 4 NG
Count 5 - G

Harvey Weinstein Guilty of Lesser Charges in Rape and Sexual Assault Trial

What a dark day for justice.

The jury more or less thumbed their nose to the victims, and to the DA by acquitting him on the three most serious charges. He was a predator, and everyone knew it. Well I guess his jury doesnt believe it. Ugh! Money, and Hollywood elitism talks again.

I hope he still serves hard time for years.

Jmho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back