Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think Andrea looks like if not Italian? I see Hungarian but mostly Italian

She could be Italian. She has a general resemblance to the gene pool in NYC/Long Island/New Jersey. Mr. Carbuff, who is Jewish, says she looks like the type they used to call "Jewish-American Princess." I'm not good at facial types nor ethnic stereotypes, but my general impression might be of more Greek/Turkish ancestry?

In any case I don't think it's useful for trying to identify her, since we almost never have ethnic information about missing people.

She could be Italian. She has a general resemblance to the gene pool in NYC/Long Island/New Jersey. Mr. Carbuff, who is Jewish, says she looks like the type they used to call "Jewish-American Princess." I'm not good at facial types nor ethnic stereotypes, but my general impression might be of more Greek/Turkish ancestry?

In any case I don't think it's useful for trying to identify her, since we almost never have ethnic information about missing people.

It almost makes you wish they could do DNA testing for ethnicity...but I know the expense/time would most likely not interest volunteer organizations that help identify Jane Does. I have friends that have bought those 123me type test for around $100 and had fun seeing their ancestral background.

Kelly Morrissey, Tammie McCormick, and Ellen Akers are possible matches. I do t know if it's been acknowledged yet, but the day she died was April Fools, perhaps it was intentional. Maybe she made everything up and specifically chose that day to comit suicide?

Kelly Morrissey, Tammie McCormick, and Ellen Akers are possible matches. I do t know if it's been acknowledged yet, but the day she died was April Fools, perhaps it was intentional. Maybe she made everything up and specifically chose that day to comit suicide?

Was it suicide or an accident?

Some people speculate she might have gone out into traffic on purpose, but as far as anything official, it was an accident.

Some people speculate she might have gone out into traffic on purpose, but as far as anything official, it was an accident.

Didn't she go on a buying spree at Goodwill beforehand? That would not be expected of someone planning their own soon demise.

Didn't she go on a buying spree at Goodwill beforehand? That would not be expected of someone planning their own soon demise.

I am in the camp that speculates this was a suicide. The main factor being the mourning ring she made of her own hair that morning (if I remember correctly.)

Add to that - the wording that she stepped onto the highway and cocaine. This is one of my few pet cases. I do always wonder if April Fool's day had anything to do with it. I always think of her as a spiritual/sentimental person because of the rock she carried. Hopefully one of these years, she can be identified.

It almost makes you wish they could do DNA testing for ethnicity...but I know the expense/time would most likely not interest volunteer organizations that help identify Jane Does. I have friends that have bought those 123me type test for around $100 and had fun seeing their ancestral background.

The sad part is they can get it donated, then there are a few free databases to upload the raw results. I'm under the impression that they could upload the raw UNT data too. Going to try to get an email together to her ME/LE to tell them about the family tree DNA

I am in the camp that speculates this was a suicide. The main factor being the mourning ring she made of her own hair that morning (if I remember correctly.)

Add to that - the wording that she stepped onto the highway and cocaine. This is one of my few pet cases. I do always wonder if April Fool's day had anything to do with it. I always think of her as a spiritual/sentimental person because of the rock she carried. Hopefully one of these years, she can be identified.

You and I are on the same page. I feel she was with a BF, they partied, he ended up breaking up with her. She had no where to go, met up with the guy in the trailer park who gave her money. She spent all of it on this outfit. She made the hair ring as a symbol.

We will find your name Andrea. 26 years today

I actually think this happens a bit. "Mary Anderson" (Seattle) and Annandale Doe both appeared to have gone shopping at high-end clothing stores before their suicides.

I actually think this happens a bit. "Mary Anderson" (Seattle) and Annandale Doe both appeared to have gone shopping at high-end clothing stores before their suicides.

I was going to post the same thing. I can't read anything either way into her dress and behavior. Some people want to be well dressed at the end ("make sure you always wear good underwear in case you get hit by a car"). People do get killed trying to cross highways they shouldn't be crossing--there was a guy near here just a couple of weeks ago--and her interactions with people who remembered her don't seem necessarily suicidal or even depressed. They could indicate she was at the end of her rope, desperately searching for her biological mother as a last thin hope, or they could just be the normal quest of a young woman seeking her roots.

Today marks 26 years since this young woman's death. I hope that this is the year that she will finally be identified. RIP Andrea
We won't give up on you.

Maybe her name wasn't Andrea, but something that sounded like Andrea? Or maybe a middle name, nickname or friend's name?

I read somewhere that a physce was contacted and told the investigators to look in Florida. I can't find that article anymore though. I've seen other instances where they determine people's areas using pollen or water? I wonder why that didn't happen with her?!?!

I read somewhere that a physce was contacted and told the investigators to look in Florida. I can't find that article anymore though. I've seen other instances where they determine people's areas using pollen or water? I wonder why that didn't happen with her?!?!

Pollen and isotope analysis, yeah. Funds can be too low for certain places to do this.

Thank you mods for changing the title since her name might not be Andrea.

I can't find the article where a physce was bought in and told Investigators she believes she came from Florida. Can anyone bring up that article? Being from the south (Florida) would explain the darkish tone of her skin.

Added on NamUs 04/01/2016
Andrea White, circumstances unknown.
Last date seen: 07/31/1991
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3068dfca.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/white_andrea.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33197/0/
I'm not able to find much of anything about her, and the date last seen is off, but if the circumstances are unknown, perhaps the date is just a guesstimate?
Her dental is charted and will be entered later.
Will they take a look even though the dates are off?

Its a whole year difference. It can happen. Tia Payne went unidentified for a little bit because her body was found a whole year before she was found to be missing.

Unless the LKA is very specific I take them with a grain of salt. Especially after a case a year or so back when a doe was identified as someone who was 'last seen' 6 years after she died!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

My first impression was that the year needs to be checked, but that she looks nothing like our Andrea. I don't like to rule out based on only one photo, especially since I'm not that great with faces, but I can't see how even with gained weight and facial swelling from the accident White's thin pointy nose would become blunt and slightly turned up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member