Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello all. First time poster here. Not sure if this will be useful information but this photo of Ian Powers was reversed. I compared it to the sticker/logo on the hat from an earlier photo at the game. I've corrected it and it appears to be the Citrix sign in the background. This would have placed him roughly in the nearby Hilton parking lot.
Awesome! Did you call LE and tell them?

Everyone is different, but I would go ahead and be embarrassed and call for help. He was drinking, there's a crowd, his phone died. I'd be freaking out. I could not wait to call
I'll tread lightly because I don't want to make it sound like I'm accusing the victim of something he is not, but if you have ever lived with someone who has a problem, you would understand this frame of mind.

When I was married , my (ex) husband RIP would invariably end up drunk after a night out and not come home , whether I was with him or not. I quit looking for him, and calling places after a year or so of this....so what I'm trying to say is may be this is something he does often..so that's why she was in no hurry to call anyone when he didn't come home that night.

As a guy, if I messed up and got too intoxicated, I would at least call the next day and try to apologize. The fact that he has not been heard from and is now on national news is not a good sign.

RSBM.

I agree. I think he's likely in the water and this family will sadly never have a concrete answer of why it happened :(.

I just wonder if it was either self harm or he fell in the water and hasn't been found yet. They said that he couldn't swim.

Supposedly, he texted a family member at 10 PM, so this was after the last time he texted or Facetimed with his girlfriend. I wonder who that family member was. Police said his texts didn't make much sense.

One other scenario that I see happen from time to time- alcohol and certain medications do not mix well and can cause all sorts of side effects. I wonder if he was on anything that you can't have alcohol with, and he either ignored the warnings on the prescription label (yes, folks do do that, I am afraid) or he didn't read the warnings on the side of the bottle and took it and drank either before or after, causing confusion.

My family visited a large theme park this weekend. My teen became separated from us. After not being to locate us, she asked a stranger to let her use her phone to contact me. It’s been reported by Ian’s girlfriend that his phone died, thus their communication ceased — I can’t come up with a logical reason why he didn’t do the same my teen did?

My family visited a large theme park this weekend. My teen became separated from us. After not being to locate us, she asked a stranger to let her use her phone to contact me. It’s been reported by Ian’s girlfriend that his phone died, thus their communication ceased — I can’t come up with a logical reason why he didn’t do the same my teen did?
I just realized it and I hate to admit it, but if I became lost from my family and my phone died, I have no way of contacting them because I don’t know any of their phone numbers by heart! A phone other than my own wouldn’t do me any good.

I just realized it and I hate to admit it, but if I became lost from my family and my phone died, I have no way of contacting them because I don’t know any of their phone numbers by heart! A phone other than my own wouldn’t do me any good.

I hear you. I only know my husband’s number. I should really memorize more! I was really proud of my teen for thinking to call me. She’s had my number memorized since she was 5. Reading Ian’s case has actually prompted me to sit with my family and ensure we have all of our phone numbers committed to memory.

What’s the cost difference in the bus the GF took + kids and just ordering up an Uber? I mean, if my husband poof disappears on me at a game I’m searching until I can’t anymore and crash at the closest motel so I could be up at sunlight to keep searching. I’d call my family to come get the kids. I mean the bus is such a weird choice. Not saying the GF is guilty of anything just so perplexed as to why not a cab or rideshare?
I’m starting to think another substance had to be why he wasn’t “making sense”. I mean to be that drunk there’s no way his stride would be so confident in the cctv. I hope they find this cat. He sounds like a good, honest hard working dude.

I am not a drinker, but am older. When I watch him walking out, it looks like how I would walk down an incline while concentrating on something in my hand. In my mind, his walk might be due to drink or might be due to distracted walking.

Since the stadium p0licy (which I posted earlier) is a limit of 2 drinks and none after the end of the 3rd quarter, it had to have been an hour and a half or so since his last beer purchase when he left the stadium.

I watched 2 hours of news on one TV channel Friday night but there were no stories on him.

I believe the "marsh" next to that area is not going to hide a body from the air. The map shows the closest larger body of water is a salt pond, which will have essentially no vegetation. Yes, if you wander further you will get into longer grasses, but why would he go too far? (On the other hand, if you were trying to dump a body, that would be a likely spot.)

I tend to believe that the girlfriend's lack of distress in the interviews, as well as her not panicking after the game, is explained best by her being experienced with his wandering off & disappearing. (That seems in contradiction to his uncle's statement about his being responsible.) While I don't have any experience with that, I do know that I won't disrupt my life too much to search for a cat that doesn't come home one night. Maybe the next day, I'll look a little harder.

While I can understand initial reluctance to use a helicopter on Wednesday, I don't think that is reasonable. The smoke is not very different than the particulate smog in the Los Angeles area in the early 1960s. They used helicopters then. (They also use helicopters to extract injured from fires, and to dump water on the fires, but I don't know if they keep those well out of the smoke.) Even if the police couldn't use helicopters, why didn't they use drones? Why aren't there private citizens using drones? Ahhh... the stadium is on the flight path to the San Jose airport.

Hello all. First time poster here. Not sure if this will be useful information but this photo of Ian Powers was reversed. I compared it to the sticker/logo on the hat from an earlier photo at the game. I've corrected it and it appears to be the Citrix sign in the background. This would have placed him roughly in the nearby Hilton parking lot.

It looks like ,when you zoom in, that he is sat inside a vehicle ( presumably his own) ???

I just wonder if it was either self harm or he fell in the water and hasn't been found yet. They said that he couldn't swim.

Supposedly, he texted a family member at 10 PM, so this was after the last time he texted or Facetimed with his girlfriend. I wonder who that family member was. Police said his texts didn't make much sense.

One other scenario that I see happen from time to time- alcohol and certain medications do not mix well and can cause all sorts of side effects. I wonder if he was on anything that you can't have alcohol with, and he either ignored the warnings on the prescription label (yes, folks do do that, I am afraid) or he didn't read the warnings on the side of the bottle and took it and drank either before or after, causing confusion.

Or his drink could have been ‘spiked’ so the effects started to kick in ? Or as we all know we can feel pretty sober until the cold night air hits us and then all of a sudden we are more drunk than we thought ?

Possibly that he doesn’t know the number because he relies on his phone contacts ? I know that I used to memorise everyone’s number but now since Iphones etc have come along, I rely on the phone contact book as opposed to my memory

I've been speed-reading trying to catch up, so sorry if this has been mentioned. Ian was reportedly wearing a pair of custom-made 49er shoes according to this poster. It wouldn't be the first time someone has beat up or killed someone to steal shoes. :-( I hope not, of course.

Attachments

• ian powers.jpg
    ian powers.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 60

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members