CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/27/california.missing.girl/index.html

A girl abducted in 1991 as an 11-year-old has been found alive in California, the El Dorado County sheriff's office said Thursday.

Jaycee Dugard is in good health, the office said in a statement, but provided no details.

Jimmy Lee, a spokesman for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department, confirmed that a man and a woman have been arrested in connection with the case, but could provide no other details.

Earlier Thursday, Carl Probyn, Dugard's stepfather, told CNN that an FBI agent had called his wife, Terry, on Wednesday afternoon to tell her that Dugard had been found.

The girl was last seen walking to her bus stop in South Lake Tahoe, California, on June 10, 1991, according to the FBI.
[snip]

Okay - so they were WITH Jaycee when she went to the police station. It sounds like from this article she did not go with intent to turn herself in but for some other reason and LE became suspicious and the truth came out?
If she was with them when they went to the station i wonder if she has been living with them all these years. She is a 29 year old woman now it is hard to believe she would not have broken free but as we know Stolkhom-Syndrome can be a very powerful and enigmatic disorder (for lack of a better word).

This is clearer information:

The couple were arrested after they walked into the police station with Dugard to ask a question, authorities said. They would not say what the question involved, but it apparently aroused the suspicions of a Concord police officer.
The officer ran a criminal history check of Phillip Garrido and found out he was a registered sex offender, authorities said. State records show that he has a conviction for rape by force, and federal records show him serving a stint in federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan., in the 1980s.
It is still unclear how police learned that the woman who was with the Garridos was Dugard, but her relatives are beside themselves with joy.

That was my first thought when I heard that. The wife Garrido is in her 50's--seems a bit old to have an 11 year old daughter, doesn't it?
No, I'll be 51 when my daughter turns 11.

Here is a link to a discussion thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34140"]UPDATE - POSSIBLY LOCATED CA-Jaycee Lee Dugard Missing since: Jun 10th, 1991[/ame]

Does CA homes have basements?

This makes me wonder what became of the other girls that were suspected of being related to Jaycee's case. I know that they figured out who took Amber Garcia, but two other girls were also missing; Ilene Misheloff and Michaela Garecht.
I sincerely hope this calls renewed attention to Ilene's case, but most likely her kidnappers are on Death Row- I just wish they'd reveal where she is:behindbar- I see Ilene's father fairly often walking their beagle and my heart breaks for them.

That was my first thought when I heard that. The wife Garrido is in her 50's--seems a bit old to have an 11 year old daughter, doesn't it?

I pray that if there are other missing children there that they will be reunited as soon as possible with their parents. My goodness..........

Just had to comment on the age idea. I was nearly 41 when I had my second child.

This is such wonderful news! Wouldn't it just be miraculous if they found other missing girls alive that were living in that house as well?

Ok icky thought coming... What if the 11 year old is Jaycee's child? :( The charges do say rape. :(

Ok icky thought coming... What if the 11 year old is Jaycee's child? :( The charges do say rape. :(

I thought that also, and also could be why they have tents up in the backyard. maybe looking for remains??

Does CA homes have basements?

Not usually. This is in the older part of Antioch- so the houses would be at least 50 years old - very unlikely that the house would have a basement. Now they just build monster houses in Antioch on smallish lots - also with no basements.

What if the 11-year-old girl is Jaycee's???

ETA: It looks like other posters had the same thought. I think it's possible.

there is a guy Bill chatting on news10.net saying he worked in the guys home doing sound and sound proofing, and never seen her.

I wonder if they are going to do a DNA test on the woman. I know it is reported that it is confirmed that she is Jaycee, but just to be sure....

Oh, and Jaycee's sister was only 2 years old when she was abducted. She will finally get to see her big sister again. :blowkiss:

It is hard to wrap my mind around this. I'm only a few years old than she is and I clearly remember being 11. All the things that have happened since then. poor girl.

There is an CA highway patrol lady on news10.net live

I found a Phil Garrido who attended Tracy High School from 1990-1994 on classmates.com (No photo) Tracy is right down the road from Antioch. I wonder if it is a son, OR another child who had been kidnapped???? There is a Phil G who now teaches PE at Tracy High School, I wonder if that is the father or the son? Can't be the father if he is convicted rapist, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024