GUILTY CA - Jessica Funk-Haslam, 13, found murdered, Rosemont, 6 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so glad they finally have the creep who killed this young girl.Now hopefully he will never see the light of day without bars for the rest of his life! I have not been posting but still reading on all our children taken before they ever really lived because of the SOB who feel entitled to snuff out their young lives.It has really gotten to me how so many never get the justice they deserve.Glad this . is where he belongs

I am so glad they finally have the creep who killed this young girl.Now hopefully he will never see the light of day without bars for the rest of his life! I have not been posting but still reading on all our children taken before they ever really lived because of the SOB who feel entitled to snuff out their young lives.It has really gotten to me how so many never get the justice they deserve.Glad this is where he belongs

So... Jessica's alleged killer will have a court date tomorrow... At 8:30 a.m....

:scale:

I am so happy to hear that they nabbed this monster. I hope they never let him see the light of day again. :stormingmad:

Next court date - 11/01/2013

I REALLY hope they didn't arrest him based on one cigarette butt.... :please:

Case against Rosemont girl’s alleged killer is ‘very weak,’ lawyer says

---------------------------

In an interview later Friday, Mouzis said Roberts’ DNA was retrieved from a cigarette butt found near the girl’s body. :thud:

Other than the DNA, “There is virtually no other evidence that I’ve seen,” she said.

---------------------------

A couple of hours after Roberts’ appearance, Mouzis said she had a chance to go through some of the new discovery that was turned over to her Friday by Kindall.

“I still think it’s weak,” she said.

Mouzis said Roberts agreed to speak to sheriff’s homicide detectives after his arrest last month. She said he denied killing the girl in what she described as his “very brief” conversation with detectives.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/09/20/5754544/case-against-rosemont-girls-alleged.html#storylink=cpy

Defense lawyers often say that the evidence is weak...

let's hope LE has the right guy...

:please:

JMO

I would consider it a huge mistake to arrest a guy only on the basis of a cigarette butt.
Unless there was proof she was killed and then he smoked it...
Like Jessica's blood on the cigarette butt, UNDER his saliva.
It would need to prove the cigarette was smoked at the time Jessica was killed. :waitasec:

When they said DNA a cigarette butt was not what we had in mind.

Defense lawyers often say that the evidence is weak...

let's hope LE has the right guy...

:please:

JMO

Or sometimes they would say that their client is totally innocent. When that client is guilty as sin. I rarely trust anything that comes from the defense lawyer.

I would consider it a huge mistake to arrest a guy only on the basis of a cigarette butt.
Unless there was proof she was killed and then he smoked it...
Like Jessica's blood on the cigarette butt, UNDER his saliva.
It would need to prove the cigarette was smoked at the time Jessica was killed. :waitasec:

When they said DNA a cigarette butt was not what we had in mind.

Oh no... please let this cigarette evidence not be the only evidence. I have to admit I was shocked when the arrest took place, as I always felt the murderers were mean girls. I was very happy to admit I was wrong, if they had the right perp.

Just want to jump in and say I hope that cigarette isn't the only evidence they have :(

I would feel better if they had argued with the defense when they said the cigarette was all they had. :waitasec:

I am glad they caught him, I just hope they have enough evidence.

I have a sense that there is more evidence at the scene. To arrest and charge with murder based on one cigarette butt found in a public place? A scrutinizing judge would have a difficult time signing an arrest warrant with only that linking this guy to the murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back