CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only Dr Rudin that I can think of, and something obviously went wrong with him for the prosecution to have to find a late replacement. I'm sure the judge would have given the defense extra time to prepare for cross-examination if they needed it or asked for it, but they didn't.

The complaint about the forensic accountant not providing a report was not upheld - he didn't go beyond the scope of the charts and graphs he prepared which the defense already had. And he was only hired late in response to defense's November submissions.

So what else has the prosecution done then?

One prosecution witness doesn't compare with the defense not letting the prosecution know the day before their case is opening who they are going to call and what they are going to be testifying to. That is just going to cause delays while the prosecution prepares.

JMO

I will see if I can find them later, but I recall in the first week or 2 that the prosecution had also not informed them who they would and wouldn't be calling. They handed over a long list of 'potential' witnesses with no additional information. This is exactly what the defense said they did, they handed over a list of 'potential' witnesses. The point of this argument or any upcoming hearing will be whether the prosecutor had the right and should or should not have called the witness directly asking for documents other than the report, and whether that was misconduct. I have a feeling not, even the judge isn't sure, that's why if they file a motion, it will probably be heard. IMO

The accountant, you are right, he didn't get into anything else other than what he did reports on, he didn't even provide an opinion actually. I said this the other day when it was mentioned about Joey's credit card statements, that I don't even know if he had them because that was not part of his testimony at all. It should be noted that he was hired after the prosecution received the defense's expert's report. But yet it's being said they didn't hand over reports?

Isn't it funny that after 2 months of trial... I would not be able to tell you which one is Imes and which is Daugherty? LOL I wonder if McGee/Imes/Daugherty have actually worked together when McGee was a prosecutor?

I do agree though, it is what it is! It's part of the trial. Every objection is for the record, every motion is for the record. :)
There have been times I have seem them interact when not testifying. I've seen no animosity whatsoever. They converse and compare notes. I really think they respect each one's position. It's a business. Each doing their own jobs.

Whew. I'm in California and our taxes aren't that high. Don't want to go off topic. But had to comment. ‍♀️

Likely the report fee went to the company, and he got a portion. BUT playing devil's advocate:
Let's pretend he got to keep all the $14K as gross income-
CAD $18,693.34 (14k to CAD using captured rate of $1USD=$1.335CAD)

If he had to report that as straight income, and not a commission:
Federal Tax: $4232.22
Provincial Tax: $2614.04
Canada Pension Deduction: $938.49
Employment Insurance Deduction: $302.83
Total Deductions at Source: $8087.58
Total Net: CAD$10605.76

I will see if I can find them later, but I recall in the first week or 2 that the prosecution had also not informed them who they would and wouldn't be calling. They handed over a long list of 'potential' witnesses with no additional information. This is exactly what the defense said they did, they handed over a list of 'potential' witnesses. The point of this argument or any upcoming hearing will be whether the prosecutor had the right and should or should not have called the witness directly asking for documents other than the report, and whether that was misconduct. I have a feeling not, even the judge isn't sure, that's why if they file a motion, it will probably be heard. IMO

The accountant, you are right, he didn't get into anything else other than what he did reports on, he didn't even provide an opinion actually. I said this the other day when it was mentioned about Joey's credit card statements, that I don't even know if he had them because that was not part of his testimony at all. It should be noted that he was hired after the prosecution received the defense's expert's report. But yet it's being said they didn't hand over reports?
Presumably they're referring to their other witnesses.

Don't shoot the messenger please....BUT

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 7m7 minutes ago
#McStay - Court only in session 2 1/2 days next week. There are several other days coming up that court will not be in session due to attorney schedules, jury schedules, etc... It's been this way the entire trial and why this case is very difficult to cover.

*It's nothing new really lol*

WAIT!!!!!!!

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 3m3 minutes ago
#McStay - The prosecution's case-in-chief is over. Defense will begin their case tomorrow. We expect Catherine Jarvis to be among the first witnesses.

Anyone else surprised we have not lost 1 juror yet? LOL

Presumably they're referring to their other witnesses.

sorry, it wasn't directed to you, but it has been stated by other's as if they haven't given any reports over, which is just not true.

I will have to listen later, entertaining my father-in-law right now LOL I didn't think it was a report that they were asking for, I thought it was just bench notes?

Stealing is not violence. I don't know what 'cousin' means to some, but okay if you say it's 'cousin' to violence because they are both crimes, then I say stealing is not brother or sister or spouse to violence. There are thousands of thieves who are far from being violent.

Do you believe JM was tortured before killed? If so, why did the killer torture him?

I am not calling them cousins because they are both crimes. Jay walking is a crime, but is not a cousin to violent assault.

I call it a 'cousin' to violence because it is an 'assault' on someone to break into their home or office and steal their tools or their computers or their cash and wallets.

He stole a welders set of 32k worth of work tools. That is an 'assault' upon that businessman. He probably felt violated and attacked by chase, the cowardly thief. It is a cruel, heartless crime that greatly affects the victims.

And yes, there are thousands of thieves who are far from being 'physically' violent.

But ONE of those thousands non-violent thieves sat down at Joey's desktop on Feb 4th and created a check, made out to chase merritt. That places that someone at the center of this murder.

I am not certain that Joey was actually tortured for tortured sake though. . It is possible that some form of pain control was used to order others around. Perhaps that forced Summer to follow directions because she saw what he was threatening to do to Joey if she didn't comply?

But it is also possible that by the time of this tragic incident, chase was enraged. It is possible that something bad unfolded as they met up that day. Maybe chase tried to sell joey a BS explanation and Joey wasn't having it. Maybe this was the day that Joey finally put his foot down, and gave chase an ultimatum. Or even told him that they were going to finish up a last project or 2 then take a break for awhile?

If Joey did anything like that, in my opinion, all of the years of stress that was hangin g over chase would likely be triggered. ' All these millions about to roll in, and joey thinks he can snatch it away like that, blah blah blah...'

Interesting. So, Dan was looking to be paid by Joey in text and emails and even texted Summer on the 6th? Seems pretty honest to me. And the DT is looking to pin it on him whilst their defendant is printing, back dating , cashing and deleting checks? Which he claims Joey gave him permission? Did he ever call Summer after they went missing?
"The mobile phone belonging to Summer McStay registered its final call at 4:42 that same Thursday afternoon. Disconcertingly, though, her phone continued to receive text messages after the disappearance – eight, in total. Three texts sent by family friend McGyver McCargar arrived on Friday. The last four texts, including two messages from Dan Kavanaugh, an associate of Joseph McStay, arrived on Saturday. The final text message registered at 10:59 a.m., presumably just before the mobile phone’s battery was exhausted."

From New cell tower info indicates that the missing McStay family was in Bonsall. | iR3: International Rescue & Recovery Resource

FWIW

hmmm is Daugherty the one that sounds bored all the time? haha I believe they have the same 'shape' LOL So it's hard to tell from behind.

Daugherty is the bald one that keeps clearing his throat. He was the prosecutor in the Christopher Lee murder of Erin Corwin case. In that case, Lee was clearly guilty, and confessed. The McStay case is very different. (Maybe that's why he keeps clearing his throat)

Stealing is not violence. I don't know what 'cousin' means to some, but okay if you say it's 'cousin' to violence because they are both crimes, then I say stealing is not brother or sister or spouse to violence. There are thousands of thieves who are far from being violent.

Do you believe JM was tortured before killed? If so, why did the killer torture him?
I can't answer that for sure. But I did see pics of JM in the grave. Etched in my mind. Like the silent scream. He suffered, IMO, until his last breath.

I believe that in chase's tortured mind, he thought he could keep the 'empire' rolling along, with him in charge now. And take over the business and be as successful as his 'best friend' Joey.

Any facts supporting the belief that Chase has a tortured mind, or more tortured mind than others in that circle?

And take over the business and be as successful as his 'best friend' Joey.

Sounds like Dan Kavanaugh.

Yes he's there, he sits behind Rodriguez and Imes, next to Sgt Ryan Smith.
Are you sure that is him? I have looked but don't think it's him. Thought it may be an investigator? And why would he take a back seat behind Imes and Rodriguez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay