CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the reflection thing, you have consider some variables. For one, different angles and surfaces aren't going to produce the same effect, like windshield mirror ( which is not facing the camera). Also, the vehicle is picking up speed, reflection may have happened but not enough to be picked up on an already low resolution camera.

It doesn't mean he has to be involved at all. I have said that before, that it doesn't mean there was anything nefarious about it. But it could explain a work truck pulling out of their driveway.

I tend to go back to first statements myself, because they seem to be a more 'true' representation and should be closer to the time of something happening. JMO

I agree. It makes sense to rely on the original statement when everything is much fresher in anyone's memory.

MM is no different. If he testifies again the state may have further evidence to bolster he was mistaken or not. It is what it is.

It's up to the jury to believe all, some, or none of the testimony of each witness.

Imo

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 5m5 minutes ago
Maline asks is she recalls when McStay went missing. She says yes February 2010. She recalls end of January they had dinner. McStay was excited about new projects coming up. #McStayMurders

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 4m4 minutes ago
McStay was excited about fountain installation in Saudi Arabia that would be the big one. And of another project in London.

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 6m6 minutes ago
Maline asks is she and Merritt had arguments over money. She said yes because she wanted to set aside money for the future and the family. She felt more stable with the new projects on the horizon .

Maline asks is Merritt was happy with McStay. K. Jarvis says yes he never had a friend like him.

K. Jarvis says Merritt entered poker tournaments and played a lot. She says sometimes it causes friction.

K. Jarvis says she found out about McStay being missing from Merritt. That he couldn’t get a hold of McStay.

She recalls Merritt’s last contact with McStay was on Feb 4th. Merritt was on his way to meet McStay for lunch and get checks.

Court is on break and that’s it for me. I have to get my story on the air.

On the reflection thing, you have consider some variables. For one, different angles and surfaces aren't going to produce the same effect, like windshield mirror ( which is not facing the camera). Also, the vehicle is picking up speed, reflection may have happened but not enough to be picked up on an already low resolution camera.

There was another latch that was the same as the back one, at no point in the video did it reflect. I will wait to see what the other experts come up with, maybe McGee knows a physicist ;) Before Liscio made that comment, I was sitting here listening thinking that I felt like I was back in physics class haha

Since the he truck was moving the alleged surface reflecting the light would also be moving and changing angles. This renders your hypothesis implausible.

There was another latch that was the same as the back one, at no point in the video did it reflect. I will wait to see what the other experts come up with, maybe McGee knows a physicist ;) Before Liscio made that comment, I was sitting here listening thinking that I felt like I was back in physics class haha
Right, there's multiple latches actually. But like I said speed would effect the lack of reflection caught on camera. If it was a normal truck/vehicle there should be no reflection of anything.

She recalls Merritt’s last contact with McStay was on Feb 4th. Merritt was on his way to meet McStay for lunch and get checks.

I wonder if she was asked about those panic phone calls CM made to her that afternoon? And then the calls she made to him later?

With about an hour of testimony left when they come back from break, I don't suppose cross will begin today, so have to wait till tomorrow for the jail house tapes - sure hope we get someone covering it that stays all day (and tweets madly).

I'm reading tweets regarding Taylor Jarvis' testimony.For a 15 year old at the time she seems to have a great deal of recollection regarding her dad and goings on around the time. For a few moments there, I thought the tweeter had jumped to CJ's testimony.

My mind may change upon hearing the testimony, but for now I wholly believe she was coached and I hope the jury sees through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop