CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was meant tongue in cheek, alluding to DK being in Hawaii when the McStays were murdered.

I do think CM's hatred of DK occurred because DK was keeping CM from the pot of gold, and it was DK who first alerted folks to the missing McStays, who knows how much CM would have swiped had it not been for DK.

This isn't to say DK didn't put his own hand in the pot, but I think CM's animosity of him is directly related to money (and not how the business would be run going forward).
Agree, and i don't really feel as if much has been proven to make me feel comfortable enough to accuse DK of stealing JM's money for a fact. I would like to see it verified somehow because i'm not convinced it was actually theft. Not if he had permission from family to take money from the account/s.
And i think only family can really vouch for that, and what it was all about, seeing as they had control of the money. After Merritt helped himself anyway just before and after the murders. All IMO.

If DK was in any way complicit in the murders with CM then why didn't CM sing like a canary to LE about it? That he wasn't the only one involved?

I was thinking because then he has to admit his own guilt. If he takes his chances at trial, maybe he gets away with it. Also, maybe DK threatened his life if he sings. Just something that's been swishing back & forth in my mind since the beginning.

I posted something about this months ago because it actually happened with my own business parter. I didn't get an answer to stuff on a friday and by monday i was in an utter panic. Turned out he had to drive his mother to ER - BUT when I sent a text saying dude I am now panicking - he did respond

2010 was already a highly connected time. The idea someone just goes dark on their sole proprietor business operations for a week?

Nah

Yes and oddly in regards to Chase should of also been frantic but oddly his calls to Joey descrease not increase.

Agree, and i don't really feel as if much has been proven to make me feel comfortable enough to accuse DK of stealing JM's money for a fact. I would like to see it verified somehow because i'm not convinced it was actually theft. Not if he had permission from family to take money from the account/s.
And i think only family can really vouch for that, and what it was all about, seeing as they had control of the money. After Merritt helped himself anyway just before and after the murders. All IMO.

The main problem is all the DK stuff happens a week post the murders whereas CM was already postdating fraudulent checks on the 5th

So you have to believe DK was just smarter - but you always come back to the same old problem

Why did CM backdate the cheques after the 4th?

It's the single blunder that proves he knew Joey was dead because he knew he would have to claim Joey gave him the chq on the 4th at lunch

For the record, I don't think Merritt and DK were working together at any point to scam Joey's money. DK is many things and in HI or not, there's not one iota of evidence that ties DK to the murders and DK and Merritt certainly didn't conspire or work in tandem in the murders.

For the record, I don't think Merritt and DK were working together at any point to scam Joey's money. DK is many things and in HI or not, there's not one iota of evidence that ties DK to the murders and DK and Merritt certainly didn't conspire or work in tandem in the murders.

I don’t either.

I think DK is a complete pussy hence him hitting women. He wouldn’t have the balls to kill anybody.

IMHO

In some ways there is the comfort of doing stuff in broad daylight

DK didn't send himself money by deleting cheques, backdating and forging signatures.

He just changed Joey's pass and sent himself money right out of Joey's Paypal while Joey was known to be missing by many people

he had to have known that it could never have been believed Joey had authorised it

he simply was not worried about all of that

I was thinking because then he has to admit his own guilt. If he takes his chances at trial, maybe he gets away with it. Also, maybe DK threatened his life if he sings. Just something that's been swishing back & forth in my mind since the beginning.
Yes i suppose anything is possible in that regard. I just don't think DK had anything to do with the murders though.

Pretty blistering cross right now by Rodruquez.

She is forcing the accountant to discuss the backdating and deleting of those forged checks.

Showing him to be biased, in my opinion. He had ignored that part in his final report.

She is highlighting the dates those checks were created, deleted, backdated, and forged then cashed, and making sure the jury sees the significance. And pointing out that the forensic accountant ignored that significance in his review.

She is pointing out that yesterday the witness said there was damning evidence against DK, but he ignored this damning evidence against the defendant.

Lots of objections of course.

She is also going after him about his ‘assumptions’ he made on the DK bank account balances, about where certain monies were coming from. She got him to admit that he made ‘assumptions’ about where certain deposits were coming from, assuming they were all for EIP jobs, without any proof of that assumption.

She definitely rattled this forensic accountant. LOL. He got very snarky a few times. And she just very slightly smiled. I think she was wanting him to lose his cool like that.

She was able to point out some inconsistencies in his figures. And that made him look like he was seething inside. lol

Last edited:
She definitely rattled this forensic accountant. LOL. He got very snarky a few times. And she just very slightly smiled. I think she was wanting him to lose his cool like that.

She was able to point out some inconsistencies in his figures. And that made him look like he Wass seething inside. lol
I would bet money he will never be a witness for any defense if she's on the case. She is on fire!!

She also got him to admit that these were the first checks ever deleted in Joey's QB accounts. And the first checks ever written out of the custom account.

The jury has to wonder why all that happened, right when Joey went missing.

Just got home from work, but I have been listening. This guy is feisty haha I think he has been a good witness for the defense, I don't think Rodriquez is doing as good as some think, but that's JMO He was able to say over and over and over again that the Provecho/Levine thing was off books, not included in the ledger. And if that wasn't good enough, the judge asked more questions about Provecho. I think it is just this guys demeanor... he seemed to be "annoyed" even yesterday when Maline was questioning him... will see what he is like when Maline does re-direct.

On another note... does no one else think it's funny that the defense is using Dr. Rudin now????:D:D I really can't wait to hear what he has to say, because it should give us an indication of why the State didn't call him.

BIB

Yes exactly - that is what is apparent from the spreadsheets. It's also why the 42K matters. In the 65% context, he had cashflow to address it - but in the 15% context not so much.

And as per forensic man, with Joey dead, it returned to Chase's 65% model.

problem is, the two scam artists couldn't run the business

BBM, Who would receive the remaining 35% ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey