CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I can't help myself. :) I've suggested that all the questions about how CM (allegedly) removed the bodies and manipulated the crime scene might be answered by looking to the back of the back yard and the possibility that CM parked on a community access area just behind or adjacent to the fence. Then knocking out a few slats (with a sledge hammer or . . .) makes home access private, easy and steps away. Also handy for removal of all kind of evidence including bodies. Some folks have said CM didn't know anything about that - but

Fox 5 San Diego
POSTED 11:57 AM, JULY 1, 2015, BY SHARON CHEN, UPDATED AT 07:30PM, JULY 1, 2015
"Home video of the McStays with Merritt taken months before the family went missing showed Merritt jumping over a fence and climbing a mountain next to the McStay home. Investigators said the video indicates Merritt was healthy and his injuries were exaggerated to throw the investigation."

I wonder if LE entertained that possibility and checked the fence and the area behind for evidence, tire tracks, etc. Or maybe I'm drumming a lost cause :)

Is that pathway behind the house wide enough for a vehicle to drive down it? I couldn't tell from the only pic someone posted of it. I would think if the fence had had pickets removed and reattached it would be fairly visible (and the sound noticeable to neighbors).

You have lost me completely now.

And as a recovering lawyer myself I understand the standard of proof pretty well having suffered through a year of crimes 201 at 8am!
You practiced in the UK, correct?

If he had JM's credentials, i.e., username and password, he or Joey could access from anywhere, unless a default pop-up for secondary information appeared.
It’s important to define what you’re describing, I’m referring to the home desktop computer you appear to be referring to the Quickbooks’ server.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Now we playing the 911 call Bluth made, "I found what looks like a human skull."

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Imes: Did you touch/handle the skull?
Bluth: I turned it over with a stick
Once police arrived Bluth talked to the officer for a little bit and was allowed to leave.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Bluth is excused. Sgt. Gary Hart is the prosecution's next witness. Hart is with the San Bernadino Sheriff's dept. At the time of this investigation he was a detective. Cathy Russon on Twitter

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - The day after the skull was found a line search was done to search for additional remains. Cathy Russon on Twitter

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Judge sent jury out for morning break. Judge tells Maline this is at least the 3rd time everyone waited for him. Judge explaining to him this trial starts at 9:30 each morning. Maline apologizes, he had a case in front of another judge this AM.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Next witness is Sgt. Armando Avila. He was a detective in the homicide for San Bernardino County at the time the remains were found. Cathy Russon on Twitter

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - The jury has been seeing photos of the area where the remains/graves were discovered. Court breaks for lunch until 1:30pm PST/4:30pm EST. Cathy Russon on Twitter

I don't believe I used a legal standard

I was giving my personal opinion there is no chance that CM is an innocent man being fitted up
I didn’t say a legal standard, I said, ‘the standard that mrjitty, is using’, meaning mrjitty’s standard, i.e. your opinion. Sorry, if I wasn’t clear.

Last edited:
This forum does not have a poll feature I guess? I'm curious if there is a consensus so far re:
1. Do you believe Merritt is guilty?
2. Do you think one person, or more than one, committed the murders?
3. Where do you think the family were killed?

AFAIK so far there has not been any substantial evidence linking him to the murders.

This forum does not have a poll feature I guess? I'm curious if there is a consensus so far re:

AFAIK so far there has not been any substantial evidence linking him to the murders.

1) Yes
2) I think he committed the murders alone but got help to stage the car and maybe even the bodies

3) I don’t believe all the family were killed in the home. This could change if we see genuine proof but at the moment the lack of blood tells me it didn’t happen in the home.

1. He is absolutely guilty. And 3. Not sure.

I need to check out the time of the first of the two videos, but here's what I have from the prosecutor's opening speech as regards the later video:

"this video was from 7.47 on the night of February 4th.

From 5.48 pm on February 4th to 9.32 pm his cell phone is not connecting any towers. And there are during that time period 1-2-3-4-5 calls between 6.09 and 9.04 from Catherine Jarvis, his wife at the time, to the defendant and Voicemail messages are left.

At 9.32 pm he calls Catherine Jarvis and his cell phone connects with a cell tower in Mira Loma which is south of Rancho Cucamonga north of Corona. After that 9.32 pm contact his phone is off the grid until 7.30 the next morning, February 5th."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/opening-statements.413276/

Thanks. His phone WAS off during the video, interesting. I hope the prosecution team has more on his whereabouts during this time that they haven't shared yet.

1. Guilty X 4.

2. Only Merritt.

3. Doesn't really matter. Location of murders is not a legally required element the state must prove.
But I will wait for the state to layout their evidence first showing why they believe they were killed at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member