CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about the case, and I've done a lot of thinking this weekend, the more I think Joey's murder was premeditated since the end of 2009. The relevance of his prior convictions/probation and Joey reporting him doesn't factor into it therefore imo.

What makes you think that Tortoise? What happened in December/January that makes you think that? I'm interested because I don't think think it was the 3rd strike thing (now that I've researched it), and I don't think he was worried about being charged before Feb 1 when the QB shenanigan's started.

What makes you think that Tortoise? What happened in December/January that makes you think that? I'm interested because I don't think think it was the 3rd strike thing (now that I've researched it), and I don't think he was worried about being charged before Feb 1 when the QB shenanigan's started.
Aha, I'll be posting my thoughts on this in a while, I just need to gather them all together and try to not make it too long of a post.

I’m going to sound like a lawyer trying to have it both ways:

1: I don’t think we know that he passed a lie detector test.

2: Sociopaths are good at passing lie detector tests, even when they’re lying.

So why would one want to give them lie detector tests anyway?

You can also dismiss every possible evidence in favor of him, because he has the title of "sociopath".

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure they covered all bases but is there any confirmation on how many people helped them remodel their home at the time? If any?

I'm just throwing stuff out there but usually you can find cheap labor to help you and not to be stereotypical, most of the time they are Mexican. What if something went wrong? Something popped off.. hence why the car was where it was...

I dont know. Just food for thought.

And that seems to be a problem. So far, many have said they have yet to see any evidence to convince them of CM's guilt, but still believe he is the one who murdered the McStays. I don't know where they got their info for evidence. Maybe it shouldn't have been brought to court yet. I know the State/detectives,DA's office and many others did a terrific job on the Erin Corwin case in 29 Palms.

Good morning everyone!

Your post reminds me when I endured watching Nancy Grace for many years, before I couldn't tolerate it anymore.

Of course she would have a panel for the defense side as the trial was ongoing.

Many would say the same thing, and NG would go ballistic. Lol.

They would say they BElIEVE the defendant is Guilty, but think the state hadn't proved their case. It was a common byline no matter the trial.

Nancy with her nostrils flaring, lol would tell them all 'if you say you BELIEVE he/she is guilty then there has been sufficient evidence submitted by the state in the trial that makes you believe he/she is guilty!!!' Lololol! (paraphrasing)

It was one of her pet peeves among many even though what she said at times did make logical sense.. among other things that didn't.

Imo

I'm useless when it comes to motor vehicles. I just did a look up for Merritt's vehicle license plate and it comes up as a 2000 Chevrolet C/K3500 LS.

When I put that spec into google images this is one of the vehicles it brings up.

1055408407.jpg

I wondered if there was any possibility he could have modified the rear of his truck after Feb 2010, or replaced the rear compartment that may have had DNA in it.

This is Merritt's truck in 2014 when they traced it I think. He sold it in 2011. The defense is saying the vehicle in Mitchley's video has lower brake lights, and I just wondered if it could have been different in Feb 2010 to how it looked in 2014.

mcstay merritts chev rear 3.png

That's interesting! In the San Bernardino search warrant for AT&T cell phone 909-374-8951 (Cathy Jarvis) they say;

"At 2028 hours, Joseph called Merritt and they spoke about a fountain being fabricated for a company in Saudi Arabia."

This is the last call from Joey's phone to Chase that didn't even connect, and he had told the DM in November 2013 :

‘It has been reported that I spoke to him in the evening, but that isn’t true. He did call me at 8.28pm, but I was watching a movie with my girlfriend, looked at the phone and decided not to answer.

'When you talk to Joseph it takes about half an hour, so I thought I’d catch up with him in the morning.

‘I didn’t answer that call and I regret it to this day.’

'Prime suspect' in McStay murder mystery breaks his silence | Daily Mail Online

Can't keep his story straight. The liar who didn't know that the last call never connected to his own phone and made up 2 different stories! Why didn't he know his phone didn't ring?

HelenK said:
Anyone could have made that search, including Chase. I'd like to know the date and time it was made, though.

from the Timeline - unfortunately no time.
January 28th:
No Time - Passport search on family desktop - Someone using the McStay’s computer search for information about travel to Mexico and passports for children days before they disappeared. Also, a search of the McStay's computer showed someone had gone to the information website About.com to inquire about travel into Mexico and passports for children.

So why would one want to give them lie detector tests anyway?

You can also dismiss every possible evidence in favor of him, because he has the title of "sociopath".

My understanding is that a polygraph can be an interrogation tool—specially useful if it’s given to a person who believes that it will detect lies.

However, there are too many false negatives, and false positives, for polygraph results to be taken seriously.

I’d think very seriously about evidence in favor of him—what is some? However, the fact that he said he passed a lie detector test is hardly evidence in favor of him.

from the Timeline - unfortunately no time.
January 28th:
No Time - Passport search on family desktop - Someone using the McStay’s computer search for information about travel to Mexico and passports for children days before they disappeared. Also, a search of the McStay's computer showed someone had gone to the information website About.com to inquire about travel into Mexico and passports for children.

I think the McStay's eminent deaths were decided by that day. McGuyver threw a monkey wrench into it by being there painting for the next few days. Possibly CM had planned on doing it the day the family was home with CM and McGuyver was there working.
CM could have asked JM to do a search for him on JM's computer about Mexico.....CM had children so it wasn't that strange. Summer TOLD McGuyver that CM was hanging around the house.

I don't get how CM could claim JM was his "best friend", business associate, partner, whatever (according to his LE interview) and disregard a phone call from JM when they had 2 big projects (SA and Paul Mitchell), and JM was CM's "BEST FRIEND" because he was watching a movie with his GF? What if his "Best Friend" had personal emergency? What if there was a change in a job?

And why all this BS about CM's "Wife"? She was NOT his wife, why lie about that simple thing to LE? Maybe so they wouldn't talk to her? "Spousal Privilege"?

And if CM thought JM was his BEST FRIEND, why didn't his BEST FRIEND (who talked to him daily numerous times) mention he'd be off the grid with the family?

And why would CM look around to find a window that was unsecured just because he was checking on the family? If you were checking on a friend, and one of their vehicles were missing, would you go around through the gate to the back yard and check windows? 1 vehicle is gone, the dogs are outside because no one wants them pooping in the house while they're gone, why scope out the house when your friend might just drive up and ask what the heck you are doing? Wouldn't you be concerned that a neighbor might call the police on you for trespassing?

And if for some reason, it just didn't feel right, wouldn't you call the police that very moment? Specially if it was your "BEST FRIEND"? JM's family didn't seem to know JM's comings and goings so why depend on their perception? And what about the planned birthday party for one of the boys?

No, I don't believe for one moment that this is what a person does when they're concerned about their "Best Friend".

Way, way back on the McStay threads, possibly "Parking Lot" I read everything I could find, before an arrest was made. Of course I can't quote a date, time or person who posted this but I remember Mc Carger not only helping to paint but being around as what I'll call moral support. He could not commit to Feb. 4th due to other plans, and yes, as I recall Summer had sent E-invites I think for the birthday party. I don't want to say more but feel A lot has been kept quiet for a reason, MOO.

And why all this BS about CM's "Wife"? She was NOT his wife, why lie about that simple thing to LE? Maybe so they wouldn't talk to her? "Spousal Privilege"?

Wait, so the woman he calls during the police interview is NOT his wife? How do we know this?

I'm useless when it comes to motor vehicles. I just did a look up for Merritt's vehicle license plate and it comes up as a 2000 Chevrolet C/K3500 LS.

When I put that spec into google images this is one of the vehicles it brings up.

1055408407.jpg

I wondered if there was any possibility he could have modified the rear of his truck after Feb 2010, or replaced the rear compartment that may have had DNA in it.

This is Merritt's truck in 2014 when they traced it I think. He sold it in 2011. The defense is saying the vehicle in Mitchley's video has lower brake lights, and I just wondered if it could have been different in Feb 2010 to how it looked in 2014.

View attachment 167403
If you have the VIN enter at the link posted below and it will reveal numerous details about the vehicle.
Chevrolet VIN Decoder, get a Free VIN Number Decode for any Chevrolet

Wait, so the woman he calls during the police interview is NOT his wife? How do we know this?
They had lived together for such a long time, they considered themselves married, possibly a common law marriage, however, I don’t know if it actually met the legal definition of one.

Good morning everyone!

Your post reminds me when I endured watching Nancy Grace for many years, before I couldn't tolerate it anymore.

Of course she would have a panel for the defense side as the trial was ongoing.

Many would say the same thing, and NG would go ballistic. Lol.

They would say they BElIEVE the defendant is Guilty, but think the state hadn't proved their case. It was a common byline no matter the trial.

Nancy with her nostrils flaring, lol would tell them all 'if you say you BELIEVE he/she is guilty then there has been sufficient evidence submitted by the state in the trial that makes you believe he/she is guilty!!!' Lololol! (paraphrasing)

It was one of her pet peeves among many even though what she said at times did make logical sense.. among other things that didn't.

Imo

Failing to confront the implications of the evidence is one of my major bugbears with these trials

They had lived together for such a long time, they considered themselves married, possibly a common law marriage, however, I don’t know if it actually met the legal definition of one.

California itself does not have a law to create common-law marriages. (Theoretically, you could have set up a common-law marriage in another state, and California would honor that, as part of the general rule that a marriage that’s legal in a state will be recognized in other states.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
april89