CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly seems like both Susan and MM were anxious to disturb the crime scene and make apparent to others that they had permission from LE to do so.
Yes. I certainly feel that way after watching both of them testify. Common sense would tell most people not to clean what could possibly be a crime scene. Mcgyver suggested to her to not clean; she still insisted. Raises more red flags for me.

Dugal just said that the futon didn't have a cover. He also said that it had bowls of popcorn on it.

At this point... I'm inclined to believe that the kids spilled something on it, maybe even paint? because they were "helping", Summer took it off to wash. And later when Summer's mom and Susan were cleaning (in May?) it got washed. all JMO. It seemed odd at first, but I don't think there was anything nefarious about the futon cover. It's also possible that one of the dogs threw up on it... that's what my dumb dogs like to do... throw up on the couch so I have to wash it!

It's Jaqen H'ghar from Game Of Thrones.I don't know the actors name.I was going to lose sleep over this.Is that who you think he resembles ?
Had to google because I don't watch GoT lol but yes, he does look like him. I don't know if I have watched him in other shows, it's possible. I came across a pic of DK and his eyes were so bright, and it reminded me of someone!

Dugal just said that the futon didn't have a cover. He also said that it had bowls of popcorn on it.

At this point... I'm inclined to believe that the kids spilled something on it, maybe even paint? because they were "helping", Summer took it off to wash. And later when Summer's mom and Susan were cleaning (in May?) it got washed. all JMO. It seemed odd at first, but I don't think there was anything nefarious about the futon cover. It's also possible that one of the dogs threw up on it... that's what my dumb dogs like to do... throw up on the couch so I have to wash it!

I just started watching again, will have to catch up...is it safe to say Joey was wrapped in a blanket, not the futon cover?

Yes. I certainly feel that way after watching both of them testify. Common sense would tell most people not to clean what could possibly be a crime scene. Mcgyver suggested to her to not clean; she still insisted. Raises more red flags for me.

Thankfully, I do not think that the defense is using 'the family did it' defense. But I recall in the early days/months/years, these are things that a lot of people had problems with and it just looked bad. Then add the business stuff in, it didn't help the optics.

I imagine the defense is going to go hard on Dugal on cross.

Where did the futon cover go to then as that’s part of the prosecutions case that they original said he was found in the futon cover?

So who took the futon cover and when one of the family members knew LE was looking for it why not come forward?

I just started watching again, will have to catch up...is it safe to say Joey was wrapped in a blanket, not the futon cover?

I think it is... I think I read earlier that tomorrow is a half day (not sure which half), so if you have the time, go back and listen to the opening statements :)

Right! Thanks for that info! That is my understanding as well.

Until reading the transcripts, I thought they had all that info, but they don't. So when there was gaps, it doesn't mean for sure that it was offline, just that he wasn't getting/receiving calls. Only when he was getting calls and had it turned off will we know that it was off/airplane mode/out of range. And for that info I would have to go back to the transcripts, but IIRC it was "off" on the evening of the 4th.
Compared to the way this was first presented or at least the way I understood it, makes me wonder if CM was actually manipulating his phone to hide his whereabouts or if they were just random events. In order to determine this it will be necessary to show several months of CM’s phone records.

Where did the futon cover go to then as that’s part of the prosecutions case that they original said he was found in the futon cover?

So who took the futon cover and when one of the family members knew LE was looking for it why not come forward?

At some point they had to get the stuff out of the house, I am not sure where it all went, Mike testified about some of the stuff.

In reading the preliminary testimony, I think some of their stuff was actually left at the house because this was said:

A They removed all the property, any leftover property that was in the residence. They changed the entire downstairs flooring. Put in hardwood flooring and changed the baseboards.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 9m9 minutes ago
#McStay - Det. DuGal is explaining how he arrived when Sgt. Tingley called him. He went into the house w/Tingley. Now walking through photos of the house taken that day.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4m4 minutes ago
#McStay - DuGal said it was a missing persons call. He said they get those in San Diego County every week. Usually the person shows back up. He said protocol is the case isn't passed to homicide until 10 days has past. When he got the call from Tingley, it has been 11 days.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - During an interview Mike McStay told DuGal that on the 13th he had gone to the house with Charles Merritt. DuGal said he knew he needed to talk to him.

Dw5_3oqUUAA10NO.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

I think it is... I think I read earlier that tomorrow is a half day (not sure which half), so if you have the time, go back and listen to the opening statements :)
I watched those live. I know the defense claimed that it is a different blanket than the one from the home/futon. I don't feel like rewatching the OS all over again.

Thank you!! The live feed just started working again for me, I missed a lot after the lunch break :( .

I agree, and whether CM is guilty or not his defense attorneys sure couldn’t have ask for a better set of circumstances.

Some futon covers can only be dry cleaned, if it was taken to a dry cleaners and never picked up, who knows, it now could be on someones futon.

There has been so much controversy over that futon cover over the years! If I understand correctly, it now appears that it was *not* the futon cover that Joseph was wrapped in, but rather a blanket? I haven't had time to go back and listen to everything yet...

Did the defense note a date as to when that photo was taken, and by whom? I wouldn't assume that family had handled the futon cover, maybe the kids spilled something on it and Summer threw it in the wash and just hadn't had a chance to put it back on yet. I'm trying to remember, when LE first arrived at the home, I know they mentioned noticing the bowls of popcorn on the futon but did they notice whether there was a cover on the futon or not.
And didn’t they show enhanced pictures at prelim that it was matched with futon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps