Found Deceased CA - Jolissa Fuentes, 22, Selma, 7 Aug 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The concerning part is reaching out to the sister multiple times.

My initial feeling was she was suicidal.

However, being in some sort of trouble also fits. i.e. wanting to let someone know where she was going, or even just someone to talk to about anything random under the guise of "I will be safer if I'm on my phone while X, Y, Z sort of thing."

I have not liked this one at all, from the get go. :(

It's quite unusual for a young person of 22 not to use Snapchat and Instagram.
She seemed to have a reasonable active social life with family etc. but it's unusual just to still use text messages to communicate. She lived with her Grandma, so maybe it was just easier for her too, so the whole family just did it?

Perhaps she just wasn't reliant on her phone as some others are. You can't really use many Google apps without signing up and being logged in, so perhaps she just didn't use maps, and all the other Google things.

Maybe she just lived a more simple life? And although it's unusual, I like it. I like that Jolissa had a life that wasn't dictated by social media.

MOO.
im thinking she used whatsapp maybe.

i grew up around there, yes there sure is a lot of vegetation.
What about Sanger? A few weeks ago while trying to find Sherwood Inn (friend took a wrong turn?) I noticed lots of vegetation and big trees, I was surprised how green it was.

But, it also looked like some areas where you could maybe go off the road and drop down an embankment. Curvy, winding area. She' d be just off 180.

Could someone have thrown her phone away up near the lakes?

ETA: sorry, didnt know Sanger has been previously mentioned..

Last edited:
Someone pointed out earilier that even though she came home to get money it appeared she used a card at the AMPM. So she needed cash for something else? Her sister said it wasn't for marijuana because she already had some. If she was going to pay at the store with her card, why bother to get cash?
I am thinking some of the statements by family May have not been super precise and could be interpreted different ways.

For example, they said on their page that she went to her grandmother’s house to get a bag and get money.

It turns out she lives at her grandmother’s house, and the bag is a small backpack she tended to carry.

MOO/YMMV but I’m wondering if when they referred to “money,” they may also have just been referring to her debit card. (Though in one of the pics of her backpack she seems to be flashing several hundred dollar bills, which could be a young person thing, or could mean some other things… not sure).

The family statement, at first pass, made it sound to me like she got luggage and cash from her grandma in the dead of the night, when in reality she got back to the house where she stays after a party at her family member’s house, grabbed her own purse/bag (that, according to family already had her weed in it too), and headed to the convenience store to buy a wrap so she could smoke.

All MOO, but this is how I am interpreting the events based on ALL the info shared on the Find Jolissa Fuentes FB Page.

What about Sanger? A few weeks ago while trying to find Sherwood Inn (friend took a wrong turn?) I noticed lots of vegetation and big trees, I was surprised how green it was.

But, it also looked like some areas where you could maybe go off the road and drop down an embankment. Curvy, winding area. She' d be just off 180.

Could someone have thrown her phone away up near the lakes?

ETA: sorry, didnt know Sanger has been previously mentioned..
im thinking her phone is up there but she might not be

Hey guys I'm new here and just now reading up on the case has anyone looked into the route she took from the Arco gas station to N Piedra Rd. I google maps her route and further down the road there's Avacado lake has anyone looked around that area?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 5.10.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 5.10.13 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Just saw this update from the FB group from one of the admin who is not related to the family

“I wanted to update y’all. It was Jolissa’s bank card she used at the AMPM, the purchase hit her bank account later at some point.. So when it was announced she hasn’t used her card since august 5th, it just hadn’t cleared and posted on her account history yet.”

I honestly think they should look in Avacado lake. What stuck out to me about her was the way she opened the door to her car in the surveillance footage from the Arco gas station. The way she opened the door looked as if she may have already been under the influence.
AWP Searches Avocado Lake

Adventures with Purpose has searched Avocado Lake, but no sign of Jolissa :( I agree with you that she appeared under the influence, IMO

I honestly think they should look in Avacado lake. What stuck out to me about her was the way she opened the door to her car in the surveillance footage from the Arco gas station. The way she opened the door looked as if she may have already been under the influence.
I agree I think she was also under the influence of something

I have a 22 year old coworker who doesn’t have a shred of social media. She did when she was 16/17 but ended up hating all the drama/bs of it and left all platforms and has never looked back. Maybe something similar happened with Jolissa?

The concerning part is reaching out to the sister multiple times.

My initial feeling was she was suicidal.

However, being in some sort of trouble also fits. i.e. wanting to let someone know where she was going, or even just someone to talk to about anything random under the guise of "I will be safer if I'm on my phone while X, Y, Z sort of thing."

I have not liked this one at all, from the get go. :(
I think whatever happened at that party she was last seen at, put her in a terrible state of mind. Whatever they actually argued over, completely flucked her mood up, just reading her body language from the CCTV it's very obvious and people noticed it long before the "friend" tried to clear it up on the official FB page with the blessing of her family. At the least, that event put her in a very vulnerable place mentally and started the chain of events to follow so it should not be ignored.

We can only speculate about what happened next, maybe someone from the party stopped her and told her to meet them somewhere else to smoke to resolve this squabble with nefarious intentions, maybe she really just felt isolated by who she thought were her friends and needed her family to make her feel not alone, especially given her best friend has been gone for almost a year at that point and was himself murdered. She could have easily driven off somewhere in her state and is covered by vegetation and near impossible to find, or her belongings could have been dumped and she could have been taken somewhere else in an effort to throw people off. Sadly, so many possibilities.
im thinking she used whatsapp maybe.
Likely the case, or Telegram/Signal, it has double ended encryption so there would be no way to get into it either way. Personally, certain people I know who are either growing, are plugs, or simply don't want the police to have access to their conversations request for me to use Telegram/Signal/Whatsapp for communication with them despite my own non-involvement in the lifestyle. It would take just destroying the phone and deleting the conversation to never be linked back to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back