Found Deceased CA - Jolissa Fuentes, 22, Selma, 7 Aug 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New interview with Doug Bishop of AWP. He states that the focus is now on a criminal act - human trafficking. Perhaps that way the family can keep up hope that Jolissa is still alive. How could they rule out another type of accident?

They also talk about the plans to search for Annette Adams in the video. Does she have a separate thread here?

Last edited:
I went through the police press conference they held over a week ago and highlighted the most important info and loosely transcribed what was said.

[ ] Saturday Sunday Aug 6-7th - Party at LingLings house 8 PM - 3 AM, grandma's house her home to grab belongings 3:30-4 AM, AMPM 4:04 AM, turning west on Nebraska ave 4:06 AM, Last spotted alone traveling in her car unknown time & location
[ ] Monday Aug 8th - emergency ping to Jolissa's cell phone sent out by police, later that morning the phone ceased to ping anymore on "Sunday Aug 7th"
[ ] Tuesday Aug 9th - family gives tips and leads, area just west of the city of Selma on Nebraska & Fowler & Floral area foot search & drone search
[ ] Search warrants into digital and monetary data served & executed, family interviews conducted
[ ] Thursday Aug 11th - phone company gives more information on the pings from her phone leading to the locations near Pine Flat and Avocado Lake. Her phone went through the city of Sanger & up into the PF AL area
[ ] Connected with Fresno County Sheriff's office for search & rescue, 15 hours of helicopter searches, 20 hours of roadway searches, 43 hours of searching waterways, 288 hours of off road jeep team searching 1740 ground miles
[ ] Nothing to overtly signal a crime has occurred however due to this being out of character they are treating it as such & must treat evidence as if it will be necessary toward a prosecutorial case
[ ] Have any of the searches lead to any clues/evidence? To this point nothing has given any leads
[ ] Can you tell us about the map? 15 mile square radius of the search grids used for off road jeep search
[ ] What's the possibility of finding someone missing for 2 weeks? We are going to find her, ground searches after cell and digital data is refined will be key to finding her
[ ] Calls at 5:25 AM was she in Sanger or Pine Flat already? Not trying to hide anything but treating this as a criminal matter so we cannot give out too much information
[ ] It's not uncommon to find someone a year, year and a half later up in this area
[ ] Do you believe she is still avlive or is this a revocery effort? I always want to expect the worst and hope for the best
[ ] Is that an area she goes to very often? She has been there in the past from speaking with the family
[ ] Can you confirm if she was by herself when she drove through Sanger and Pine Flats? We can't answer that information right now, if we knew we'd have to protect the investigation but as far as we know from the video we have she was by herself through the city of Sanger
[ ] She left AMPM heading westbound on Nebraska she came back through Avocado or Pine Flats toward the Sanger area so she obviously came back to town, correct? (Looks for confirmation to answer) yes, yes she did and she was by herself in the video that we see
[ ] There was no phone call made to say why she came back into town? Cannot get into specific phone calls that may or may not have been placed and to whom that's part of the active investigation
[ ] Can you elaborate on the argument prior to her leaving the party? No

To read the full article you have to register but it's free. According to this, LE have seen her on other surveillance outside of the AM/PM store she stopped at but they aren't going to release that information to the public.

Selma Police Chief Rudy Alcaraz told Fox News: “We picked her up on camera after that. However, we’re not going to relinquish that information, as we…have to kind of consider all avenues,” he said. “Right now, there’s nothing that is insinuating foul play, but, again, we don’t have much information.”
I posted an article where it was stated she was seen again after the gas station but it wasnt being released.

“Can you elaborate on the argument prior to her leaving the party? No”

Oh wow! Didn’t know this. Was Julissa involved in this argument?
He said no because they can't comment on investigation specifics but from the Admin approved FB post that you can take a look at for yourself, the girl whose house the party was at attempts to clear her name with details. But there was in fact some sort of disagremeent that caused Jolissa to leave the party early and upset.

That argument might be key in my opinion. What it was about, how serious it was, who she was angry with.

I was wondering why in the world would she be driving around at 4 and 5 and 6AM in neighboring towns, while trying to wake up her sleeping sister. I would never ever call someone at 4 AM and 5 AM unless it is emergency or something very serious (topic of argument?). Was she trying to visit a house in Sanger to address the argument?

Obvious other reasons that people are out driving around rolling blunts at 4 AM and 5 AM is that they are on uppers (speed or cocaine) and going to get more drugs somewhere. Or arranging a very late night booty call.

Obvious other reasons that people are out driving around rolling blunts at 4 AM and 5 AM is that they are on uppers (speed or cocaine) and going to get more drugs somewhere.

(snipped for focus)

Yes! The fact that she went home to get cash but then used her debit card to pay for the gas station cigar (which I understand costs only a buck or two) tells me she needed all the cash she had for something else that night/morning.

That argument might be key in my opinion. What it was about, how serious it was, who she was angry with.

I was wondering why in the world would she be driving around at 4 and 5 and 6AM in neighboring towns, while trying to wake up her sleeping sister. I would never ever call someone at 4 AM and 5 AM unless it is emergency or something very serious (topic of argument?). Was she trying to visit a house in Sanger to address the argument?

Obvious other reasons that people are out driving around rolling blunts at 4 AM and 5 AM is that they are on uppers (speed or cocaine) and going to get more drugs somewhere. Or arranging a very late night booty call.
Or before work booty call for the other person.

(snipped for focus)

Yes! The fact that she went home to get cash but then used her debit card to pay for the gas station cigar (which I understand costs only a buck or two) tells me she needed all the cash she had for something else that night/morning.
I didn't want to make any assumptions without evidence, but she worked, got home, partied for 7 hours, went home, then didn't go to sleep even though she anticipated going to work after all that. It's very well possible she took her bag and cash and was headed to someone who had uppers she could buy to make it though work. The possibilities are endless but I think the party argument, need for cash, and the fact that she was heading westbound with some kind of purpose is telling enough to make certain theories more plausible than others. The likelihood of sex trafficking is diminished due to the fact that she has a dermal in her cheek, and they wouldn't need to conceal her car like this. However, someone whose prints and DNA hair could be found is likely known and close to Jolissa would. Especially if they had a record. If this isn't just a simple accident where she's hard to find, someone sure did think this through and plan this well enough to avoid detection. That kind of methodology doesn't typically come from strangers.

New interview with Doug Bishop of AWP. He states that the focus is now on a criminal act - human trafficking. Perhaps that way the family can keep up hope that Jolissa is still alive. How could they rule out another type of accident?
I don't think anyone can rule out any type of accident. Sex trafficking is a possibility but if she was kidnapped why would anyone go towards Avocado Lake area?

I'm still leaning towards she was in an accident and she just hasn't been found yet.

I dunno know you guys, after some deep digging into the people she associated with and her siblings associated with, I have a really hard time believing if there was foul play that it wasn't organized crime or gang related, and that's just my own speculation. Not sure how much I'm allowed to say so just do your own digging on that. There's a code of conduct when it comes to the streets, you just don't talk to LE about it and things are handled via that code of conduct. Like I said, I grew up in a similar environment, talking to the cops, selling drugs in someone elses territory or owing money was the fastest way to get taken out in cold blood. I think the siblings are withholding information, either for the family's sake or to hide their own involvement/associations elsewhere. It probably isn't intentional or malicious, if anything theres a heavy sense of denial or guilt surrounding all of them, which is to expected with great trauma like this. The family is holding out blind faith that she's alive and will come home safely, and imo the siblings are probably trying to preserve that picture of her as well. Not to mention, people are judgmental and may have written her off as unimportant if they knew there was gang involvement potentially. Again this is all speculation, but I do think it needs to be thrown out there because we literally have no evidence to support anything at this point. There's more to the story, and I think someone knows something more. What I do find strange is, she went home to get cash and her bag, but do we know for sure she was the one that took that money? How did someone know there was cash missing? And how much money was it? She's shown using a card at the gas station, but not her bank card as that hasn't been used since 8/5. Possibly a prepaid/venmo/cashapp card, but why stop by to grab cash if you're going to pay with card and don't plan on buying drugs because you already have them?
Something I am also very curious about is who lived where. We know Jolissa lived with her grandparents, but we don't know why she lived there instead of her parent's. Do her siblings live there too? I don't think it's particularly odd, I'm just wondering if her parents were so close to her why she'd be living and reporting fo her grandparents instead. Maybe she had more freedom there, maybe she was helping them out, maybe she was a registered caretaker for them, who knows it doesn't have to be something negative I just think it's worth taking note of. Especially depending on where the siblings are living as well.

As far as I can tell, these are the plausible speculatory theories at the moment.
A) She was under the influence of something and had a car accident and has been hard to find due to the environment
B) She was met with foul play in a crime of opportunity
C) She was met with foul play or lured out in a pre meditated hit
D) She was involved in something either some or none of her family is completely unaware of
E) She doesn't want to be found.

I've never been to Selma Ca but from what I can gather there is gang activity in the area. It was stated earlier that she went to the orchard to think about the friend she lost in 2019. There have been two murders in Selma that might relate to Jolissa. One we already know about because he was mentioned on her FB page but another person was also murdered last year in August. Also shot multiple times and in both cases there are no suspects. Could JF have some knowledge regarding the two murders? Perhaps, but even if she didn't, having two friends murdered would definitely affect you mentally. Is it possible her state of mind was fragile and she was calling her sister because she needed to talk about them. This is all pure speculation on my part.

The issue of her going home (grandparents) at 3 am doesn't really ring any alarm bells to me. She lived there. Maybe it was a lot closer to where she worked. It doesn't sound odd that she went back to her own home to retrieve her bag (purse) and some money. Maybe she didn't take her purse to work if theft was an issue. Maybe she has more ID in her purse that she needed. I checked to see how many banks are in Selma; there are four. Without knowing where JF lives, perhaps the banks are too far away to use conveniently to deposit her cheque so she uses a cheque cashing business like Western Union. It's also possible her employer deposits her pay in a bank account and she withdraws a certain amount of money each week to stick to a budget since it's a proven fact people spend more when using an atm card. Why did she need the cash; the circumstances can be limitless. When people need more cash they could be buying something outside of their usual expenses, traveling somewhere, paying back a loan.

I don't think she was exhausted when making her way back to her vehicle and opening the door. All her movements suggest classic overcompensation for being under the influence.

Apparently, outside of FB, JF has no social media presence. Her FB page hasn't really been updated for awhile. I'd like to know if she had social media presence in the past and if she did, when did she delete her accounts. It's very unusual for someone 22 years old to have no social media presence. I wonder if she scrubbed them all. And if she did, why did she?

If JF is alive and she left voluntarily, she must be terrified to come back after reading the level of activity and resources used to find her. Here's an eye opening account of a woman who voluntarily went missing and is still dealing with her digital history still plastered all over the internet.

Last edited:
The likelihood of sex trafficking is diminished due to the fact that she has a dermal in her cheek,
what do u mean?

also... the cops know more here than they're saying (unsurprisingly).
it's being treated as a criminal matter. they won't release the video they have of her after the gas station. they won't comment on the argument at the party at this time.
those things speak volumes to me.

EDIT: her mom got a tattoo of her name with a broken heart under it... (on the public Looking for Jolissa page) so that speaks loudly also. the moderator posted that the FBI is involved on a couple posts. these are all posts from today on the page.
(3) Find Jolissa Fuentes | Facebook

what do u mean?

it's being treated as a criminal matter. they won't release the video they have of her after the gas station. they won't comment on the argument at the party at this time.

EDIT: her mom got a tattoo of her name with a broken heart under it... (on the public Looking for Jolissa page) so that speaks loudly also. the moderator posted that the FBI is involved on a couple posts. these are all posts from today on the page.
I'm wondering about the tattoo. Is this an usual thing to do when somebody goes missing in this community? Not only mom took a 'Jolissa' tattoo but also her bio cousin (sister at heart) and I think this cousins boyfriend (one of Jolissa's friends I believe). It feels like they already know she is gone? Or is that just my inability to understand the meaning.

what do u mean?

People with tattoos and piercings are less desirable to traffickers for a few reasons, for example, she had a dermal, that would be an identifying feature even if they took it out, she'd still have a gaping hole in her cheek. They'd likely avoid taking her because of it.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't have a clue. They said themselves over a week ago they didn't suspect any foul play in their presser, and made if seem as if they were confident they'd eventually find her in the area searched when the vegetation falls flat. Maybe they're tying to make someone comfortable enough to slip up, or maybe they truly believe that. Either way, we won't know for sure until there's significant movement in the case or they hold another press conference.

As for the tattoo, several family members have gotten Jolissa's name tattooed on them, and in my opinion it's their way of handling grief, and likely feelings of guilt for not being able to be there for her. It feels like a way for them to express being ride or dies for her and yes people often get tattoos of people's names to memorialize them but I don't necessarily think that was the intention of her family. From everything they've told us, they believe she is still alive and coming home safely. Is there likely some denial or blind faith there? Yes, but I think they need thay to get through this all in one piece.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back