CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, the only people who would have informed the police that she was “hallucinating” would be the stepmom and father no? Have other witnesses backed this up?

I don’t trust it. It feels like a red herring. Searching for a girl who’s allegedly walked out of her house under the influence takes a lot of responsibility away from certain people; all they have to do is lean into the ‘bizarre behaviour’ angle and call for prayers. Anyone else had this cross their mind?
I agree. This whole disoriented state of mind story has been a brilliant distraction. It seems to be working in their favor, yet I cant understand how or why? It simply isnt working for me.

I agree. This whole disoriented state of mind story has been a brilliant distraction. It seems to be working in their favor, yet I cant understand how or why? It simply isnt working for me.
SM narrative is hardly plausible! And why make audio only record of alleged "disoriented state" when a picture/video is worth a thousand words? Nobody's buying it...

And that's the thing, it was at 6:30am. It's still dark in bishop/chalfant area so how on earth could they see that it was Karlie? That's what I'm curious about.
Take note that SM recently revised the departure hour to 6:45AM (i.e., first light PST) to 7:30AM. I believe this hour is more convenient to reach the road by sunrise. MOO

From Missing in America ........
Sixteen-year-old Karlie Gusé missing after vanishing from California home
by BIANCA HILLIER
October 22, 2018
karlie_5_-_lindsay_6b5c12474f960895d8efdfcf1632c9ec.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Karlie Gusé, left, and her mother, Lindsay Fairley
[...]
On Friday, October 12, Karlie left home to hang out with friends, as her stepmother says was typical for her. According to her mother Lindsay, Karlie’s boyfriend Donald Arrowood III would later say that, after hanging out with friends for a while, Karlie started to not feel well and wanted to leave the party.
karlie_7_-_lindsay_2c1aa62d9daa2af0e71128320f7f8c29.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

“She called me to come pick her up,” Karlie’s stepmother Melissa told Dateline. “I picked her up from town and just brought her home.”

Melissa told Dateline she and Karlie got home around 9:00 p.m. According to Melissa, they then ate dinner together before Karlie went to bed.

Karlie’s father Zachary told Dateline Karlie seemed “disoriented” before she went to bed, but would not comment further on her condition.
Sixteen-year-old Karlie Gusé missing after vanishing from California home

Last edited:
There's also a couple things I want to bring to our attention. After reading updates and listening to interviews, especially the one with bio mom and NG, it was mentioned that the witness in the hot tub that was an older guy said he saw someone who looks like Karlie holding a piece of paper. 6:30 or 6:45am it's still dark. Unless this older gentleman has amazing eyesight whose to say it wasn't someone else walking with a piece of paper? <modsnip - not victim friendly>
If you have been to this area, you know that's it's not THAT easy to get lost. The community backs up to the White Mountains but the mountains are very unique and are easy to navigate with the help of the adjacent Sierra Mountains especially Mt. Tom.
Even though they can be easy to navigate, there are a ton of old abandoned mines up in the White Mountains. Has search and rescue attempted to look in them with a drone of some sort? If she was scared and paranoid, what if she tried to hunker down in a mine and got injured or fell into a mine shaft? I only mention this since the dad stated he found her footprints up in the mountains, right? Food for thought here.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also a couple things I want to bring to our attention. After reading updates and listening to interviews, especially the one with bio mom and NG, it was mentioned that the witness in the hot tub that was an older guy said he saw someone who looks like Karlie holding a piece of paper. 6:30 or 6:45am it's still dark. Unless this older gentleman has amazing eyesight whose to say it wasn't someone else walking with a piece of paper? <modsnip - not victim friendly>
If you have been to this area, you know that's it's not THAT easy to get lost. The community backs up to the White Mountains but the mountains are very unique and are easy to navigate with the help of the adjacent Sierra Mountains especially Mt. Tom.
Even though they can be easy to navigate, there are a ton of old abandoned mines up in the White Mountains. Has search and rescue attempted to look in them with a drone of some sort? If she was scared and paranoid, what if she tried to hunker down in a mine and got injured or fell into a mine shaft? I only mention this since the dad stated he found her footprints up in the mountains, right? Food for thought here.
Good points! I thought of the area and how easy it is to get around.

It's very possible she went straight to Mammoth. There are so many places to stay there for someone that wanted to get away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Difficult to know for sure. Also, depending on what the source was, food may not have any affect on duration.
I feel like no matter what the substance was, she could've been coming down by then or even
Good points! I thought of the area and how easy it is to get around.

It's very possible she went straight to Mammoth. There are so many places to stay there for someone that wanted to get away.
Mammoth is easy to get to if she hitch hiked but I feel like she would've been found. It's also a lot colder in mammoth and super expensive if she didn't have any close friends to stay with

I think Nancy Grace did a great job. I do think she was holding back to not upset the parents. The parents seemed defensive right from the beginning of the interview. Which Grace did give them an out for. (being stressed etc)

I could hear the dad getting really ticked in the background.

If I had a child missing; I would answer questions all day and all night. Nothing would be off limits. The last thing I would do is put out fake information.

Love Nancy Grace or hate her; she is giving national attention to finding Karlie.
Has her boyfriend been interviewed? What about her friends at the party. Step mom and dad are acting very strange..

I know they said something in the NG interview that the boyfriend said when he went to the house that morning her cell phone was in her bedroom. But her SM insists it was always on the kitchen counter. Nothing makes any sense in this case.

Family Searches for California Girl, 16, Missing for 2 Weeks: 'I Just Want Her Back'

[...]

Gusé says Karlie had never run away before and she thinks her stepdaughter was abducted.

“My gut says she was taken at this point,” she says.

“I just want to get her face out there nationally,” she adds. “We are running out of avenues. “

The family has set up a web page and a tipline.

A $10,000 reward has been offered for any information about her disappearance.

Tipsters are also asked to contact the Mono County Sheriff’s Office at 760-932-7549, option 7.

SM narrative is hardly plausible! And why make audio only record of alleged "disoriented state" when a picture/video is worth a thousand words? Nobody's buying it...
I think its weird to record her at all. Recording her lows just to throw it in her face later is such a childish thing for a parent to do. Id expect my friend to do something like this, its weird that a parent would go there. Just my opinion.

I think Nancy Grace did a great job. I do think she was holding back to not upset the parents. The parents seemed defensive right from the beginning of the interview. Which Grace did give them an out for. (being stressed etc)

I could hear the dad getting really ticked in the background.

If I had a child missing; I would answer questions all day and all night. Nothing would be off limits. The last thing I would do is put out fake information.

Love Nancy Grace or hate her; she is giving national attention to finding Karlie.

I know they said something in the NG interview that the boyfriend said when he went to the house that morning her cell phone was in her bedroom. But her SM insists it was always on the kitchen counter. Nothing makes any sense in this case.

I have a love/ hate relationship with NG. But I do respect her as a crime victim advocate.

In the case, I think she did a great job shedding light on the characters in this case & trying to establish a timeline.

Her questions really showed their lack of attention to detail for CRITICAL details.

However, I wish NG grilled them more on the party.

- who was there?
- did they talk to anymore besides the bf of who was at the party?
- did they really think she was only reacting to pot?
- did they question if any other substances were at this party? << this is critical in order to try narrow down whether it’s more likely she was having a mental psychosis from a drug stronger then pot or a combo or whether it’s more likely she was “abducted”

CRITICAL info but wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t investigate this further since they couldn’t get the other basic critical details correct .... clothes, time last seen, why she was disoriented etc.

I have a love/ hate relationship with NG. But I do respect her as a crime victim advocate.

In the case, I think she did a great job shedding light on the characters in this case & trying to establish a timeline.

Her questions really showed their lack of attention to detail for CRITICAL details.

However, I wish NG grilled them more on the party.

- who was there?
- did they talk to anymore besides the bf of who was at the party?
- did they really think she was only reacting to pot?
- did they question if any other substances were at this party? << this is critical in order to try narrow down whether it’s more likely she was having a mental psychosis from a drug stronger then pot or a combo or whether it’s more likely she was “abducted”

CRITICAL info but wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t investigate this further since they couldn’t get the other basic critical details correct .... clothes, time last seen, why she was disoriented etc.
I really think questioning the boyfriend will answer a lot of questions. From what I understood, there was never a party.

Her stepmom said she was acting erratic after the party, which could be contributed to many things. IMO something may have gone down between Karlie and the step-mom, like an argument that lead Karlie to leave the house. If she was in a fragile state it makes it even more likely to me that she would simply take off.

Since I'm seeing now that there may not even have been a party, things seem hinky and its probably best for me to not speculate and just wait and see.

Would she still be high after 9 hours and after eating?

Almost certainly not, though if she had ingested an incredible amount it might still be affecting her. I think that pot is pretty much probably not the case. Other drugs could for sure lead to bizarre behavior, but until I hear someone else confirming that she was a drug user I'm assuming she was not extremely inebriated.

So if our kinky meters are on high alert I have to think that LE are questioning things as well. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

I have to believe that LE are working in the background. The more Stepmom talks, the more the story changes. Something happened that night at home I fear. The stories coming out and changing info scream cover up to me. MOO

I guess I'm not sitting on my hands anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon