Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting wikipedia has the group declining and disappearing in 2015. She would have been 9-10 at that time. Definitely not her hoodie (wouldn't still fit), appears like all the merch is out of production by Sony. Also, the other hoodie was Lana Del Rey, typically not as popular with her age and didn't see any on the Spotify account posted earlier.

Only thing I see important is they were probably someones else's.
my 24 year old son was into odd future around 2015. but some ppl are still fans anyways. music sticks around. i feel like KR liked the obscure genre of rap what w the 17 tattoo and etc.

Just had an awful thought, but unfortunately it’s possible. When she got in her car to drive home, maybe she still had leftover alcohol (didn’t they go to her car to charge phones and get more alcohol earlier?) She doesn’t want to drive around with it, and she’s planning on being back there the next day with friends. So why not stash it in the lake overnight where it’ll be safe and cold? Maybe instead of heading home directly, she drives around the lake to find an out-of-the-way spot, but it’s dark, they’ve just had torrential rain the previous two days, dirt road shoulders may be soft. Maybe she drives too close, or isn’t expecting the water level to be where it is? A vehicle can sink completely in less than a minute, even if starts out very close to shore. They’ll tip and float first, get carried to deeper water, and then sink. Very quickly. Her phone might have gone offline finally at that point. The sediments in that reservoir are probably 10ft-50ft deep, and could swallow a sunken vehicle, making it very hard to spot visually. I think an oil or gas slick shows up at some point if a car is under water, though, and so far no reports of that.
good post @SpideySense , maybe if dive teams are having difficulty with the murky water as they stated, maybe bringing in a commercial bottom trawler and use large net with gopro may be an option to clear Prosser Res. as the point closest to the last ping. I know this method is common in locating shipwrecks in very deep water. Just thinking out loud based on facts stated about dive difficulties with dark, drab bottom.(Pennisi Fishing Family, Monterey) AMOO

Perhaps...but kids like second hand stores, and one of my teens was into music at a young age. I don't think we can assume too much either way about the hoodies. If the "Odd Future" one does belong to Kiely, she may have simply thought the phrase was cool.
im almost certain she knows its a rap group.

Yup, but that doesn't move the needle for me at all. I've seen extensive water searches using the same technology initially turn up nothing, only for a vehicle to be found quite a while later.

There was an article yesterday that described divers having practically zero visibility, and having to feel around with their hands.

There's a lot of waterline, and cars can initially drift before they sink.
Point well taken. The water up there is very murky once it's disturbed.
I just saw a video of the road conditions in there...a moment's distraction could cause a viewer to miss details....

Personally, I find it troubling no one has come forward to say they remember her leaving.

I grew up in a rural area, and remember big parties in the woods like this. One of my sisters was a frequent attendee--not really my thing--but the things that went on then, and I know still go on in the tiny area where we grew up...sigh.

Anyway, my memories would have been friends hugging, the whole see you tomorrow, He's a jerk, you;re beautiful, I love you, come over, let's meet for breakfast or shopping tomorrow, that kind of thing.

It also makes me lean towards an afterparty or some other destination before heading home. It feels off to me, but that is only my opinion.

The hoodie looks like a sweatshirt and there is now logo written on it like example that LE posted
I agree, but it is difficult to tell from the image size and quality. I alsofeel the fit of the pants is different, but it is possible they found her in the crowd.

im almost certain she knows its a rap group.
I agree. What I meant by my reply was I wouldn't read too much into anything about the hoodies belonging to other people and the idea that they couldn't possibly be hers due to her age.

I think it has always been pretty common for teens to "discover" bands

I agree. What I meant by my reply was I wouldn't read too much into anything about the hoodies belonging to other people and the idea that they couldn't possibly be hers due to her age.

ofc! i am just impatiently waiting for an answer. i hope is sooner than later.

Theory: KR participated in what SS describes as a “friendly bout with boxing gloves”. But maybe, just maybe it wasn’t. Maybe she was attacked and a fight happened and she was injured badly and passed away. Panic ensues and a mass exodus from the party along with a cover up. Just an idea but it might explain a few things.

Theory: KR participated in what SS describes as a “friendly bout with boxing gloves”. But maybe, just maybe it wasn’t. Maybe she was attacked and a fight happened and she was injured badly and passed away. Panic ensues and a mass exodus from the party along with a cover up. Just an idea but it might explain a few things.
It’s possible. Certainly drinking and drugs can make something playful escalate.

Personally, I find it troubling no one has come forward to say they remember her leaving.

I grew up in a rural area, and remember big parties in the woods like this. One of my sisters was a frequent attendee--not really my thing--but the things that went on then, and I know still go on in the tiny area where we grew up...sigh.

Anyway, my memories would have been friends hugging, the whole see you tomorrow, He's a jerk, you;re beautiful, I love you, come over, let's meet for breakfast or shopping tomorrow, that kind of thing.

It also makes me lean towards an afterparty or some other destination before heading home. It feels off to me, but that is only my opinion.

I agree. It has been one of the things that has been niggling me. It seems very strange that she did not speak to anyone before she left and no one saw her leave.

A lot of the members of Odd Future are still active, too, like Tyler the Creator and who frequently releases albums. it's also a very popular brand in skateboarding culture, so I'd say it's totally relevant for teens today. Same with Lana

I agree. It has been one of the things that has been niggling me. It seems very strange that she did not speak to anyone before she left and no one saw her leave.

IMO she probably overextended her stay. At 12:30 was talking to new acquaintances and realized that all her closer friends had left. Then, did a quick exit.

I agree and I've been thinking about the text to mom to extend her curfew. If I'm not mistaken, she said she'd be leaving in about 45 minutes, which would put her home approx. 13+ minutes late.

But I just found it curious that she would text her mom an hour before her curfew and say she was leaving in 45 minutes. Personally, when I'm running late, or if my kids are, I'm/they're more likely to reach out closer to the original agreed-upon time. And then to say it will be 15 minutes later than originally planned.

In other words, when she texted her mom, she still had time to get home by curfew. How did she know she'd be late? She didn't just ask for an extra hour past her curfew or something. It just seemed oddly early (prior to her knowing/realizing she was going to be unavoidably late) and specific to me.

So, to me, it would seem to indicate (assuming she's the one texting) that she planned to do something else that was upcoming and/or going to take a specific amount of time. Something that came to mind was giving someone a ride home or, as has been suggested, going to a second location before going home.

I'm just wondering if she made plans to do something with some other person/persons at that point in the party, and then things went wrong.

This is all MOO, and I'm just thinking out loud...
I watched an interview with her mom yesterday, but I don't remember when it was done...I want to say it might have been an Australian news broadcast...I'll find it and edit... Mom said KR texted at 11:30 pm asking for a curfew extension. "We had already agreed to 12:30 am..." echoes in my head... Mom said she expected her about 12:45 am, and since there had never been a problem before, she went to bed.
I follow you...we don't know that it was KR who sent the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand