Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, that particular sweatshirt isn't listed for sale in stores anywhere. I had to look at google images to find it - only listed on Poshmark and Ebay.

Do we think the sweatshirt was hers, or did someone loan it to her? Being an older item not currently for sale, may make it more unique and memorable. So she wore two different sweatshirts that night, but they don't know which one she left in - if any?
I read someplace that she had been loaned the black one the day before but may have still had it in her possession on party night. Of course.

Another interesting/insightful bit I believe can be gleaned from this LE post- not only does it indicate that yes she was seen on video at the party (which I believe is a good sign that LE is receiving pics/vids from that night), but for those who have doubted she was ever actually at the party- LE is confirming here that yes, she was seen on video AT the party.
…At least that’s the way it reads to me.

Where did you read this?
The Sheriff said so and it’s also posted in the link below from the Daily Mail. .And also on other fine journalistic sites.
We need a Media Thread.
…”The teen was 'loaned' the hoodie on August 5, the day before she went missing, police revealed. As to who gave her the hoodie, that is currently unknown.

'We don’t know whether Kiely was wearing that hoodie when she disappeared, but we believe it was still in her possession,' Placer County Sheriff's Office said on Wednesday….”

For some reason the link win’t unfurl.

Last edited:
Another interesting/insightful bit I believe can be gleaned from this LE post- not only does it indicate that yes she was seen on video at the party (which I believe is a good sign that LE is receiving pics/vids from that night), but for those who have doubted she was ever actually at the party- LE is confirming here that yes, she was seen on video AT the party.
…At least that’s the way it reads to me.
Actually, as tedious as it is must have been for them to have to address this after a multitude of Search updates declaring over and over that she went missing after being at the Campground, the PCSO was asked point blank days ago on their Twitter account if they believed Kiely was at the campground. Their curt answer was Yes.
Yes, the world is round, too, and we did land on the moon.

Actually, as tedious as it is must have been for them to have to address this after a multitude of Search updates declaring over and over that she went missing after being at the Campground, the PCSO was asked point blank days ago on their Twitter account if they believed Kiely was at the campground. Their curt answer was Yes.
Yes, the world is round, too, and we did land on the moon.
Haha I like your way of putting it. I had never even thought to doubt she was at the campground, but you know... a few minutes reading here and I start to question everything that seems logical.

However- I do believe LE has been incredibly thorough and careful with what they release, so it's been easy to trust them from the beginning- she was there, at the party.

Where she is now... Of course, that is what we all wish we knew.

Last edited:
Haha I like your way of putting it. I had never even thought to doubt she was at the campground, but you know... a few minutes reading here and I start to question everything that seems logical.

However- I do believe LE has been incredibly thorough and careful with what they release, so it's been easy to believe them from the beginning on this point- she was there, at the party.

Where she is now... Of course, that is what we all wish we knew.
Yeah, it does get a bit chaotic and upside down sometimes but it’s important to keep a grip and not get caught up in wild conjecture, especially when coherent facts are so few and far between. The Sheriff’s team has been very good, more so considering the rural county.
I really feel for Kiely’s family.

Hi everyone, following from a distance as time allows, feel free to summarize your theory, curious as to what you all think happened, thanks.

PS - I don’t know enough Kiely’s case to have a theory, that’s what I’m asking you guys.

Last edited:
the more I think about it, if the girls were going back and forth to Kiely's car to recharge their phones, someone was watching and seized the opportunity to get to her while she was in her car, inebriated and drive off.
yea this theory seems pretty accurate since the person got an opportunity because the girls never locked the car and then when KR was leaving to proceed home the person might have forced her to do something different altogether.
jmo

Hmmm not sure it reads like that to be honest. "where Kelly may have gone after the party".

As her car is missing too then the assumption would be that she did go somewhere after the party.

The wording is slightly ambiguous. Using may have gone rather than after she left the party. The may have gone statement to me reads as going to a different location rather than the journey home.

I'm doing the google maps thing and I input the campground to where I believe the family lives (the lodge). The main road off of the campground is the CA-89. It's mostly scary woods til you get to Truckee Way which is kind of where civilization is. On maps from last year, there were some apartments being built and whatnot but a little past that is something called Pioneer Boat Rentals and if I'm not terribly mistaken, there might be a camera on the building facing the road. If she were to go somewhere else after the party, I would assume she would drive in that direction anyway. If it IS a camera, it may be helpful to see if her car shows up.

While it is certainly possible that she was a victim of a serial killer, there are so many other more likely scenarios that may have led to her death, that do not involve a serial killer, I would think that one would be well down the list. She is a 16-year-old girl who was at a very large party in woods with older kids, known and unknown, late at night, drinking alcohol to the point of being very intoxicated, according to her friend, and possibly under the influence of drugs as well, by choice or perhaps not, and possibly got behind the wheel of her car to drive home, or to some other unknown location. There are a plethora of things that could lead to her disappearance under all of those circumstances, and I think one or a combination of those factors is probably what led to her probable demise. While I am now giving consideration to the possibility that she died of an accidental overdose and may have been left where she was, or was driven somewhere that both she and her car could be disappeared, my strongest thought is still that she had a car accident somewhere, in or out of water, and still has not been found. My gut feeling is that she was not intentionally murdered by someone. JMO

ETA...I do hope that Camille Clemmer will be found safely.
Camille Clemmer was found safely. https://www.modbee.com/news/local/article264461421.html

There is a website for anonymous pictures and videos. Kids are utilizing this. Thus why only a statement about the white sweatshirt, not the video itself.
Sounds like LE are sticking to their word.
It does seem like LE is holding a lot of information (and photos/video) close to the chest and releasing just a little bit at a time regarding details (necklaces, the hoodie, etc). A few reasons I can think that they would do this:

- They want to keep info back to check against witness statements. "Oh, you say she was [here] doing [this]? Okay, how did she have her hair done?"

- They have video/pics of her interacting with particular people who have not yet come forward and don't want to spook those people... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow