Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

'I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who put the effort in and tried so f..cking hard to bring her home.'

Westfall said he hopes everyone lives 'the way Kiely would want you to live.'

He added: 'It really means a lot to me, and I'm sure it means a lot to her too.'

He said Rodni 'wouldn't want us to sit around sad as f..k all the time.'

'She wants us to be happy, she wants us to be safe and she wants us to have a good life. That's all she ever wanted for anyone,' he said.

'I want each and every one of you to live the way Kiely would want you to live.'

On Sunday, he posted a video of him and Rodni.

'You were my entire world and you always will be. I will never love someone the way I loved you. I missed you even when I was holding you in my arms,' he wrote.

'I could never get enough of you. I Promised I would always be here for you and I still am,' Westfall said.

'I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who put the effort in and tried so f..cking hard to bring her home.'

Westfall said he hopes everyone lives 'the way Kiely would want you to live.'

He added: 'It really means a lot to me, and I'm sure it means a lot to her too.'

He said Rodni 'wouldn't want us to sit around sad as f..k all the time.'

'She wants us to be happy, she wants us to be safe and she wants us to have a good life. That's all she ever wanted for anyone,' he said.

'I want each and every one of you to live the way Kiely would want you to live.'

On Sunday, he posted a video of him and Rodni.

'You were my entire world and you always will be. I will never love someone the way I loved you. I missed you even when I was holding you in my arms,' he wrote.

'I could never get enough of you. I Promised I would always be here for you and I still am,' Westfall said.
I wish the press wouldn't stalk and publish the social media of the teenagers involved here. It's intrusive and ghoulish. They need to leave them alone. IMO

To carry a post forward:
Click on the first icon (Share) in the upper right hand corner of the post you want to carry forward. Copy the link that appears in the box. Then paste the link into the reply box as you type your post.

To quote: Click "+ Quote" [ETA] at the bottom of the post you want to quote. Then click the orange "Insert Quotes" box under the reply box you're typing.
Thank you! I learned a new trick after lots of years :)

Speaking from experience, you can't call emergency services or ANYONE as you're fighting for your life and desperately trying to get out of the vehicle as it's sinking. All belongings, phone, and etc get left behind
@Beekarina replied: Not to seem rude, but what would be the point? If you want to survive, calling 911 isn't going to help you in this situation.

I realize my response to the above two posts from thread #5 may be deemed off-topic from our discussion about the tragic death of Kiely. I hope the moderators agree its potential to save someone's life in the future outweighs any other concern they may have.

A man's car slipped into the icy Winnebago river and was sinking. He couldn't reach his phone, but he shouted "Siri, call 911."

Emergency response was alerted and the man was rescued. After a few hours in hospital being treated for shock, he was released.

In Kiely's situation, I imagine emergency responders would have been too far away to reach her in time.

I tell this story to all who mention fears of their cars entering any of myriad bodies of water on and surrounding the island on which I live.

How could I not pass it on to all my fellow sleuths here?

Posted in response if you follow the thread back to the last series #5. It's relevant to identification and location in the car.
I've read every post in this thread from the beginning. I've seen nothing relevant to a ring Kiely was wearing at some time in the past. If there is some association I have missed, thank you in advance for clarifying it. jmo

I've read every post in this thread from the beginning. I've seen nothing relevant to a ring Kiely was wearing at some time in the past. If there is some association I have missed, thank you in advance for clarifying it. jmo
There is a discussion on the last thread of the NY Post photo of the car. Some people noticed details in that photo.

She/he is saying she/he thinks it's the hardware of the head rest. I have a different perception.

There is a discussion on the last thread of the NY Post photo of the car. Some people noticed details in that photo.

She/he is saying she/he thinks it's the hardware of the head rest. I have a different perception.
Is there a link to the photo under discussion? I'd like to see it to draw my own conclusions.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> To be fair, when the car wasn't found by what we locally thought were very experienced search and rescue teams, and LE is talking about a potential abduction, foul play did not seem outside the realm.

Now we have a lot more facts. We finally have a coherent story line for how she could have taken a wrong turn and ended up in water. Had she been found within 2 days by AWP, things probably would have played out differently with the speculation.

Foul play still is not ruled out, and the length of time of the recovery may compromise evidence. We can see what they say. If they can pinpoint when her phone went under water, that might help. Did it go under water at 12:33 am? if so, why would she get lost when others were leaving and not getting lost?

<modsnip: Referenced information was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think LE would have allowed people to take pictures if there were body parts visible. I don't see anything resembling a hand in that picture.

98308696-DB83-4523-BF61-A365AB29A9F9.jpeg
I’m guessing speculating about a body part that *may be visible* is probably out of bounds for this thread…. But in case it is, I still feel compelled to offer that is probably not her hand visible.

She wore that ring on her right hand in multiple photos. That ring not evident on her right hand in the convenience store photo (the last one made public before her disappearance, attached here).

Screenshot is from Kiely Rodni - live: Mother speaks out as search for missing Truckee teen is scaled back

<modsnip>

The blue tarp is obviously covering where her remains are located in the rear of the vehicle. This is likely because when the car hit the water, she was thrown from her seat and then floated there as the car sank hood first or during recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
So 55 feet from shore its also important to factor in what the water depth was on the night she went missing. IMO everything has to be factored in because it will give a clearer picture of what may have happened. So if the car was found in 14 feet of water that night it would have been deeper that would indicate if it was a slow submerge or a fast submerge. I was actually surprised that the car was found upsidedown in 14 feet of water. Now it makes more sense that it was found upsidedown considering the depth, then add 55 feet from shore, even more deeper. So it was probably a slow submerge and at first it would have floated for a few minutes so if she was cognizant then those few minutes she could have survived IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member