Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like someone else has probably already questioned this, but if so I’ve missed any discussions on it.

IF she drove straight in, no matter the speed..I think we all pretty much agree based on well documented videos and information and such..and simple common knowledge..the motor being the heaviest point will very quickly “tip” the nose of the car downward. It seems many of us speculate that is exactly what happened and as it started to “nosedive” perhaps Kiely climbed “up” towards the rear of the car in an attempt to escape. We know the car was upside down. So it went straight in, nose-dived down - tail up, and eventually flipping onto its hood.

The car was turned back over before removing from the water. Obviously this must be done from the side of the car, can’t imagine they “stand” it to flip.. If she drove in, nose down and flipped in that manner..they then tipped from side of car to be right side up again..this doesn’t change the direction the car would be facing.. soo then pulled it out..the car would be facing the other way right? Since as it went nose down and then bottom up, unless they flipped and did a complete 360 underwater (why would they ever do that??), the car should have came out facing the beach - not away from it.

It doesn’t seem like enough depth, “current” or any other conditions that could have made this turn around that much in nature either at the time, or since it’s been in there.

I can’t make any sense out of her rolling it and not finding ANYTHING tracks or debris, anything to indicate that but idk how or where she entered something just seems so off. Moo
Someone mentioned in the last thread, that since the tires contain air, and depending a little on the depth of water, cars can end up upside down. I image at least, that it at first went nose down. From the slight damage at the front. Then eventually as it sank the tires would cause that side if the cars to go "up" so to speak. Since they are buoyant to some degree. Still being a heavy car, it would sink. That way the car would end, being upside down at the bottom. Just a theory.

14 feet is a little over 4 meter in metric here, and although that does not seem too deep, a car can be anywhere from 60 to 72 inches in height. So it was at least 2 times her car in height, maybe more. So that is plenty of water. Her car would likely not been far from that length, nose to end, but height wise it is a different story.

I am happy they finally located her. Just terrible she met such a sudden and frightening end. I feel for the family.

I don't post often because I have vision difficulties, making it easy to mis-read the rules, so hopefully I'm doing this right. My sincere apologies if I make a mistake.

I have two questions regarding this photo, which, as I understand it, originally was taken by SS. Here's where I got the photo (it's a screen capture from their news video): CBS News Sacramento

View attachment 361223

#1 - Is the girl I circled in yellow Kiely? If it is her, then my second question is irrelevant.

#2 - Does anyone know what the object is that I circled in red? Could it be car lights in the distance, pointed away from the party, perhaps reflecting off of ... or even entering ... the water? The reason I ask is because the person in the greenish-looking shirt (to the left of my red circle), looks as though he or she is observing something of concern in that direction. Of course, it's equally possible that someone called his or her name, and they're just in the process of turning around to answer, so it may not be relevant.

Here's the screen capture before I circled anything, for further reference.

View attachment 361224
Hi- after significant discussion last week it was fairly ruled out as being Kiely in that picture. Hair and pants don’t match for starters.

I don't post often because I have vision difficulties, making it easy to mis-read the rules, so hopefully I'm doing this right. My sincere apologies if I make a mistake.

I have two questions regarding this photo, which, as I understand it, originally was taken by SS. Here's where I got the photo (it's a screen capture from their news video): CBS News Sacramento

View attachment 361223

#1 - Is the girl I circled in yellow Kiely? If it is her, then my second question is irrelevant.

#2 - Does anyone know what the object is that I circled in red? Could it be car lights in the distance, pointed away from the party, perhaps reflecting off of ... or even entering ... the water? The reason I ask is because the person in the greenish-looking shirt (to the left of my red circle), looks as though he or she is observing something of concern in that direction. Of course, it's equally possible that someone called his or her name, and they're just in the process of turning around to answer, so it may not be relevant.

View attachment 361224
Interesting. It looks like several of them are looking at something in the distance. There are many possibilities. MOO

View attachment 361223

View attachment 361224
Kiely was supposedly in green Dickie’s pants.

Did she accidentally drive this slope into the water, unable to stop the vehicle?

View attachment 361225
This is a terrible drawing, but I used the typical length of a police SUV (16.5 feet) and used the one in the picture to scale out 25 feet of shore, equivalent to 1.5 scale SUVs. This is obviously just a rough estimate, but there is an erosion ring that lines up with the data so it's plausible and only serves to help envision what it could have looked like.

Attachments

• screenshot-www.websleuths.com-2022.08.23-00_19_41.png
    screenshot-www.websleuths.com-2022.08.23-00_19_41.png
    384.8 KB · Views: 101
This is a terrible drawing, but I used the typical length of a police SUV (16.5 feet) and used the one in the picture to scale out 25 feet of shore, equivalent to 1.5 scale SUVs. This is obviously just a rough estimate, but there is an erosion ring that lines up with the data so it's plausible and only serves to help envision what it could have looked like.

Thanks for this. Any water level that doesn’t crest that slope entirely and proceed 10+ feet back would be really bad IMO, because not only are you in water, but you’re going to be submerged in it quickly based on the way your vehicle is going to pitch into it.

Welcome and thank you!

Thanks for this. Any water level that doesn’t crest that slope entirely and proceed 10+ feet back would be really bad IMO, because not only are you in water, but you’re going to be submerged in it quickly based on the way your vehicle is going to pitch into it.
Honestly? I was quite terrified imagining myself driving there in the day time, let alone at night. It's pretty narrow from the look of it, and if she was impaired she'd have a hard time going straight. There isn't much wiggle room before a tire could slip off the bank on either side and by the time she noticed she'd already be in the water. I am curious to see if the car's computer survived and if she brakes before impact.
However she got in the water must have been so excruciatingly terrifying and I am so sad for her. I cannot imagine. Whatever her last moments are, they were awful. Her family seems to believe in souls, so I wish that Kiely's soul is resting somewhere beautiful and peaceful.

Replying to my own post—it’s not letting me edit it for some reason—I didn’t realize there were witnesses??!! I didn’t watch the press conference so May have missed that tidbit. Unless I am completely misunderstanding your post?

On another topic—during recovery, I wonder if they had to secure the remains (sorry that sounds so cold and heartless) before bringing the car out? Could also explain the broken window?

Replying to my own post—it’s not letting me edit it for some reason—I didn’t realize there were witnesses??!! I didn’t watch the press conference so May have missed that tidbit. Unless I am completely misunderstanding your post?

On another topic—during recovery, I wonder if they had to secure the remains (sorry that sounds so cold and heartless) before bringing the car out? Could also explain the broken window?
Me, too. I wondered about the witnesses referred to.
And about the allegedly broken window- have you actually seen or read a direct quoted statement from APD guy Nick Rinn declaring he saw it broken? I’ve only seen an attribution, not a quote, in one place- NY Post.
I don’t see broken glass but that’s me.

There were several posts from a member or two present during recovery last night including one who was out there who categorically denied seeing it broken, even with binoculars.

View attachment 361223

View attachment 361224

It seems almost impossible to guess what they may have been looking at, but it does seem many have their attention focused n the same direction.

Are we certain this is the same party?

Any idea when the photo was taken? Whose photo is it?

Not much in it to try and place it in relation to where her car was found. It kind of looks to me based on other videos we have seen--such as the one where Sami broke down the party site, where they parked in relation, and a dirt road leading in (all linked in earlier discussion in MSM can go grab if needed, will need time to find post) as if they;re watching a vehicle drive up TO the party.

If this is Kiely going into the lake, why would they see what looks to be a single headlight? Wouldn't taillights make more sense?

Me, too. I wondered about the witnesses referred to.
And about the allegedly broken window- have you actually seen or read a direct quoted statement from APD guy Nick Rinn declaring he saw it broken? I’ve only seen an attribution, not a quote, in one place- NY Post.
I don’t see broken glass but that’s me.

There were several posts from a member or two present during recovery last night including one who was out there who categorically denied seeing it broken, even with binoculars.
I've looked for the article but there are so many now that I can't find it so please take this info with a grain of salt. Basically they were interviewed by the FBI and handed over CCTV but none of it was useful according to them. They said they were long term campsite residents or something like that, but with all witnesses and news articles you never know.

I've looked for the article but there are so many now that I can't find it so please take this info with a grain of salt. Basically they were interviewed by the FBI and handed over CCTV but none of it was useful according to them. They said they were long term campsite residents or something like that, but with all witnesses and news articles you never know.

Thanks! Now that LE knows where KR ended up, hopefully they will take another look at the CCTV footage.

View attachment 361223

View attachment 361224

The fellow on the left in green shirt is stretched out and looking in that direction, my thought is its headlights of approaching vehicle, he’s looking to see if it’s the cops.

Jmo

<modsnip>

The blue tarp is obviously covering where her remains are located in the rear of the vehicle. This is likely because when the car hit the water, she was thrown from her seat and then floated there as the car sank hood first or during recovery.
If she drove down a boat ramp I don't know if her car would hit the water with enough force to throw her out of her seat....if she had hit something hard enough to throw her than her airbags should have deployed

View attachment 361223

View attachment 361224
To me it looks like guy in green is throwing something (red circled object), and the others are watching. Like a beanbag throwing competition??? Do you have those in the US?

RS&BBM
@Curiosa20, I saw you asked this also at the end of T5, so thanks for asking again 'cause I wanted to respond to you.

All I have seen is the NYPOST statement about what Nick Rinn said - that when he found the car the driver window was broken and KR was in the backseat. I quoted the OP who first cited that information from NYPOST.

Here is my post from T5 in response, opining as to how the driver window broke, along with the OP's post and his/her link to the NYPOST article.

Maybe we can ask the article's author to verify?

Post in thread 'CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5' CA - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

ETA: formatting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members