Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's interesting that they said the FBI was processing the vehicle. It made sense for the FBI to be involved when there was a possibility of abduction, etc. Now that the vehicle has been found in the same general area as the party, if the FBI thought this was a simple vehicular accident, do you think they would spend time/manpower processing this vehicle?
They absolutely would. Investigations are not concluded based on what LE may think. The FBI were already involved in the investigation, and they have far more expertise and resources for processing the car, than local authorities do. It makes perfect sense that they would be the agency to do that. JMO

Last edited:
I think it's interesting that they said the FBI was processing the vehicle. It made sense for the FBI to be involved when there was a possibility of abduction, etc. Now that the vehicle has been found in the same general area as the party, if the FBI thought this was a simple vehicular accident, do you think they would spend time/manpower processing this vehicle?
That's a very good question. Maybe both airbags (even sides ones if that model vehicle has them) deployed and the FBI is doing forensics of some sort to see if in fact another person was in the vehicle when it went into water? Think Chappaquiddick but nobody has fessed up to being there? Just some thoughts

I was away for a few days and did hear about Kiely being found, but just now caught up reading all the posts.

My own theory is there was no foul play, no one tried to "dispose" of her by pushing her car in the lake or any of the other scenarios I've seen here. Just my own opinion of what happened. It seems to me to be a tragically common fatal car accident. An inebriated or altered state of mind driver, very young, drove the wrong way towards a body of water and then...

I of course have no idea if she tried to get out, if she was passed out through drugs or drink and didn't even know what was happening, or anything else. Other than inevitably, the laws of physics would take over once her car hit the water. I imagine the forensic investigation will show if she cut the seatbelt, or it was never on, as well as all other pertinent details.

I also was thinking, as others have said, that the beach area looked wide enough to have maybe slowed the car down somewhat if she wasn't going too too fast, but I have learned from fellow posters that the water was higher then and the beach area was more narrow than in the recovery video we've seen.

I want to join others in my praise for AWP. It takes an extraordinary commitment, IMO, to do a job like this, when the best-case scenario is finding something that certainly must be gruesome and painful for the diver who found her.

The part that broke me the most is when other members of their team, or perhaps it was LE, waded out with the blue tarp. It really hit home for me what they must have seen and known were Kiely's remains after two weeks in the water.

I am not casting any aspersions at LE. While most of us thought this was the likely scenario, most of us speculated on other possibilities while she was missing. AWP is awesome beyond belief, IMO, but they have one specific task.

LE being law enforcement and not just specializing in underwater recovery had to invest time and effort into other possibilities such as abduction. They had to interview the teens, check neighborhood cameras, and so on.

In fact, as others here have stated, if she was in the water in her car, she was beyond saving. However, if she were abducted, every minute counted and they certainly couldn't shrug their shoulders and say, "nah, she's probably dead in the water."

Yes it would've been much better if the LE divers had found her earlier but I won't berate them as they had to split their resources to follow all possibilities.

Jmo

Isn't Prosser Family Campground on federal land? Wouldn't that be why FBi would be involved?

I don't find that odd at all. FBI is often involved in assisting local authorities with investigations IME. Even non abduction cases. They bring their resources to bear. Often their resources are superior to those that local law enforcement agencies have access to.

Yes, but aren't they normally involved in cases that involve federal crimes (such as crossing state lines) or at least cases that appear to have foul play?

I am stumped on the FBI's continued involvement as well. This is not typical.

That was my impression, that it would be atypical for them to continue working on a case that appeared open and shut, with no foul play.

That's a very good question. Maybe both airbags (even sides ones if that model vehicle has them) deployed and the FBI is doing forensics of some sort to see if in fact another person was in the vehicle when it went into water? Think Chappaquiddick but nobody has fessed up to being there? Just some thoughts

I'm glad FBI is processing the car, I just wonder whether they would continue their involvement if they felt it was a real longshot that their was foul play involved.

Isn't Prosser Family Campground on federal land? Wouldn't that be why FBi would be involved?
You are correct. Thank You for pointing that out for those of us who did not know this fact.

Where is Prosser Family Campground? Prosser Family Campground is located on federal land within the Tahoe National Forest, roughly 10 miles north of Truckee in Nevada County. Placer and Nevada counties’ sheriff’s offices say they are both leading the search effort.

Source: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article264329901.html

I did not know if this posted I was going to comment on the dent under the driver's side mirror and the mirror broken off. The mirror on passenger side is intact. I'm wondering if she was sideswiped by another vehicle when leaving. It could account for a lot of things. I'm sure there will be a lot of forensics done on the car as well.
I haven't yet seen a map of that lake and where she went in. Anyone know if there is a link to a map or diagram? Being 2 weeks until car was found I'm wondering if there are any tire tracks, etc still able to be found.

I’ve covered nearly a hundred missing persons cases and followed countless more, but I’ve rarely seen an online furor as heartless as the one surrounding Kiely. Within a few days, the internet speculation and conjecture became its own content machine. Some YouTube channels pumped out multiple videos a day, spending hours speculating wildly about the case. One channel even livestreamed an interview with one of Kiely’s friends, a minor who should be protected from, not subjected to, the scrutiny of strangers.

Searching Kiely’s name on YouTube yields a horrifying array of clickbait thumbnails and titles, like “KIELY RODNI THINGS ARE NOT ADDING UP!” and “How is this not a red flag?” They weave elaborate conspiracy theories, many centering on the actions of some of Kiely’s friends the night she went missing, accusing them of lying, leaving out important information or otherwise conspiring about Kiely's disappearance.
These "theories" do not bear repeating, because they have no basis in reality. But the names of multiple minors are now all over the internet, in YouTube comments and Twitter, Instagram and TikTok replies, linking them to the tragedy that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. The guilt they no doubt feel for losing track of their friend at a party — and who among us hasn’t experienced that at least once in their adolescence? — is now compounded by an internet paper trail of people accusing them of intentionally harming Kiely.

(more at link)

You are correct. Thank You for pointing that out for those of us who did not know this fact.

Where is Prosser Family Campground? Prosser Family Campground is located on federal land within the Tahoe National Forest, roughly 10 miles north of Truckee in Nevada County. Placer and Nevada counties’ sheriff’s offices say they are both leading the search effort.

Source: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article264329901.html
I believe that the reservoir and dam are also federal, owned and operated by the United States Bureau of Reclamation per Wikipedia:

I’ve covered nearly a hundred missing persons cases and followed countless more, but I’ve rarely seen an online furor as heartless as the one surrounding Kiely. Within a few days, the internet speculation and conjecture became its own content machine. Some YouTube channels pumped out multiple videos a day, spending hours speculating wildly about the case. One channel even livestreamed an interview with one of Kiely’s friends, a minor who should be protected from, not subjected to, the scrutiny of strangers.

Searching Kiely’s name on YouTube yields a horrifying array of clickbait thumbnails and titles, like “KIELY RODNI THINGS ARE NOT ADDING UP!” and “How is this not a red flag?” They weave elaborate conspiracy theories, many centering on the actions of some of Kiely’s friends the night she went missing, accusing them of lying, leaving out important information or otherwise conspiring about Kiely's disappearance.
These "theories" do not bear repeating, because they have no basis in reality. But the names of multiple minors are now all over the internet, in YouTube comments and Twitter, Instagram and TikTok replies, linking them to the tragedy that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. The guilt they no doubt feel for losing track of their friend at a party — and who among us hasn’t experienced that at least once in their adolescence? — is now compounded by an internet paper trail of people accusing them of intentionally harming Kiely.

(more at link)
I agree. For me, I would have told my child that if they had information about Kiely, the party, etc, they had to inform LE. There would be no disputing, you know something you say something but I would have done everything possibly to prevent them from talking to MSM or posting anything online! I know some were 18 but there would have been some very heated conversations on what could and could not be done!! MOO

It does not appear she drove down the boat ramp—in the maps thread you can see where the boat ramp is and where the car was found. It appears her car went across the beach, closer to where the party was centered.

Agree, from what I have seen from pics and maps it looks to me that it’s in between the party location and the ramp.

Jmo

I keep coming back to how LE seemed adamant that some kids were withholding information. Could just be because they knew more footage was out there, but also makes me wonder if someone or a few peoples behavior seemed odd enough that had their interests peeked. Especially since some parents were telling kids not to speak to LE. Unless parents thought like most did here that she was in the lake and there was nothing that could be done for her anymore so why admit to breaking the law from their own kids? But I also wonder if there was any wreck less driving going on when everyone was leaving? I know from my party days we could never leave anywhere without some group peeling out, doing doughnuts or racing. Not that there is much room for doughnuts but maybe racing. I wonder if she could have tried to go around that and ended up on the beach somehow by mistake or been accidently ran off the road. If I remember correctly from the drone footage you could see where the lake dried up in some areas and left just a stream, and could see tire marks from people that had been driving over it. I would think that would be common in many areas aoround the lake.

But that brings me back to tread marks. In the same drone video you can definitely see a lot of what look like off road vehicles (ATV or Dirt bike) treads, that did doughnuts or were just riding around. Could those have been at the party and maybe that's why she had driven down there initially, to watch? But then how did no one see her enter the water?

Also I was looking at the ariel photo so many have used to mark where the party was at vs where she was found. A lot of us have wondered how 200+ cars fit in that camp ground? Maybe they didn't. Could some have parked on the beach and walked to the party? Especially if you had a curfew and didn't want to get blocked in. This could have caused her to try finding ways around random cars, ultimately leading her to the beach, or potentially drove someone to their car? Driving someone to their car could explain the back window being down but all others seeming to be rolled up.

But again that brings me back to the tread situation. How did they miss treads going into the water? I wonder if tread would be lighter if you fell asleep at the wheel and were not actively pushing the gas, causing the car to just gain its own momentum and softly hit the water. That could also explain her not escaping. She might have been asleep, softly hit the water and was not awakened until the water touched her which would have been a shock I am sure. Could also explain the lack of air bags being seen in the photos. But maybe tread was missed because so many people were parked on the beach getting rid of tread evidence by driving over it on accident. Just my ponderings I guess.

edited to add video from previous post campsite-then-over-water.mov

Last edited:

(more at link)
There is only one way to stop this; go after their pocketbooks and the sites that facilitate these damaging statements. Hold them accountable.

And that my friends, is why we have moderators, a strict TOS, an a code of ethics on this forum.

Amateur opinion and speculation

<modsnip>

Anyhoo, air bags are unreliable. I mentioned before I was in a head-on accident with a full-size truck in my brand new 2013 Subaru and the airbags did not deploy. I was injured.

It’s entirely possible the air bags didn’t deploy on Kiely’s car.

Another note, because I have 2- 2013 Hondas. My Pilot has auto headlights, but I turned that off because it drains the battery. It’s a common problem in Pilots, not sure about CRVs. I turn my lights on manually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. The FBI has bigger fish to fry so wouldn't be spending time on this unless LE thinks it could be something more than a simple vehicular accident, IMHO.

I've enhanced the photo. Now what do you think?

I don't know about anyone else but I think it's pretty ghoulish to be trying to identify body parts of a dead girl in her car. Why?, what purpose does it serve?.
Kiely and her family deserve more respect than that. Please let her have some dignity in death.
All MOO.

I've enhanced the photo. Now what do you think?
Personally, I find the enhanced photo too grainy to make anything of it. With that said... the original photo that you enhanced that from TO ME showed what could have been a hand (fingers). Perhaps some that didn't know what people were talking about weren't looking at that portion of the pic? They can now go back and draw their own conclusions. And I'm sure there will be a lot of differing opinions on what that might be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100