Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the tow truck driver actually did answer a call at Boca around 11am on the morning after the party, as stated in this preview, and the dead battery call was for Kiely's vehicle, and Kiley was the seemingly "distressed" person that he talked to, all of that should be easily verified by towing company call logs and cams inside tow trucks. There should be no "when do you think this took place?"

Also, I do not believe the story about her and her car being at Boca on the morning after, as tow truck driver never verified the date, never positively identified her, or even her car, but IF she and her car were there, is it possible that she and her friends that had planned to go camping the day after the party, were actually planning to camp at Boca and not Prosser? This could offer a non-suspicious scenario for her to be there. Maybe she had driven there the night before, and just decided to stay the night. But then, how did she and her car end up back in Prosser Reservoir. It makes no sense to me, which is why I do not believe this story. Perhaps the tow truck guy has story right, but day wrong, but again, that should be easily verifiable.

Finally, I have been a big fan of AWP, and still am. They do amazing work, and I believe if they had not found Kiely, she may have laid at the bottom of that lake for years, or for eternity. Having said that, they need to use this case, their first time working an active missing person case, as opposed to a long-cold case, as a learning experience, and perhaps take on a media liaison to help them better navigate their way through the different challenges that working an active case present, and handle their new-found fame. And finally, I really would have preferred that they withhold any videos such as the one about to be released, until LE have concluded their investigation. JMO

Last edited:
I'm surprised Jared with AWP stated the vehicle had to be in neutral because the tires were spinning. That is not accurate. On a 2013 Honda CRV, the tires will spin freely in ANY gear if the engine is not running. Drive, reverse, neutral. The only way it wouldn't would be in park. Here is a link to a master ASE discussing

ETA- Jared also stated they didn't enter the vehicle nor did they look at what gear the car was in

Last edited:
I'm surprised Jared with AWP stated the vehicle had to be in neutral because the tires were spinning. That is not accurate. On a 2013 Honda CRV, the tires will spin freely in ANY gear if the engine is not running. Here is a link to a master ASE discussing

Wouldn’t someone have also put it in neutral before towing it? (Is that when he’s referring to the tires spinning?) I guess that would have been LE since it sounds like AWP didn’t touch the car other than attaching the buoy. IMO

IF the tow truck driver actually did answer a call at Boca around 11am on the morning after the party, as stated in this preview, and the dead battery call was for Kiely's vehicle, and Kiley was the seemingly "distressed" person that he talked to, all of that should be easily verified by towing company call logs and cams inside tow trucks. There should be no "when do you think this took place?"

Also, I do not believe the story about her and her car being at Boca on the morning after, as tow truck driver never positively identified her, or even her car, but IF she and her car were there, is it possible that she and her friends that had planned to go camping the day after the party, were actually planning to camp at Boca and not Prosser? This could offer a non-suspicious scenario for her to be there. Maybe she had driven there the night before, and just decided to stay the night. But then, how did she and her car end up back in Prosser Reservoir. It makes no sense to me, which is why I do not believe this story. Perhaps the tow truck guy has story right, but day wrong, but again, that is should be easily verifiable.

Finally, I have been big fans of AWP, and still am. They do amazing work, and I believe if they had not found Kiely, she may have laid at the bottom of that lake for years, or for eternity. Having said that, they need to use this case, their first time working an active missing person case, as opposed to a long-cold case, as a learning experience, and perhaps take on a media liaiason to help them better navigate their way through their new-found fame. And finally, I really would have preferred that they withhold any videos such as the one about to be released, until LE have concluded their investigation. JMO

Good points. To your last point though, I am with @jbennett ^^^, who, as I did overnight, opined that maybe AWP's video and release timing is in fact in concert with LE. Maybe LE is exploring a foulplay angle more deeply with prelim autopsy results in hand, and thought this might help scare, flush or incite a perp(s) or witnesses to come forward or slip up.

Also, I do not believe the story about her and her car being at Boca on the morning after, as tow truck driver never positively identified her, or even her car, but IF she and her car were there, is it possible that she and her friends that had planned to go camping the day after the party, were actually planning to camp at Boca and not Prosser? This could offer a non-suspicious scenario for her to be there. Maybe she had driven there the night before, and just decided to stay the night. But then, how did she and her car end up back in Prosser Reservoir. It makes no sense to me, which is why I do not believe this story. Perhaps the tow truck guy has story right, but day wrong, but again, that is should be easily verifiable.

Finally, I have been big fans of AWP, and still am. They do amazing work, and I believe if they had not found Kiely, she may have laid at the bottom of that lake for years, or for eternity. Having said that, they need to use this case, their first time working an active missing person case, as opposed to a long-cold case, as a learning experience, and perhaps take on a media liaiason to help them better navigate their way through their new-found fame. And finally, I really would have preferred that they withhold any videos such as the one about to be released, until LE have concluded their investigation. JMO

I totally agree with your post. I think AWP is outstanding in what they do... recovery.

I’m a little uncomfortable with these new videos. I can only imagine how her family feels.
We have no verification from LE about how this happened, but this kind of speculation about certain individuals is very reckless, IMO.
It can cause damage to innocent people from internet trolls that want to seek them out.
Hopefully, this will be a learning process for them, but the damage may already be done to some. MOO

Wouldn’t someone have also put it in neutral before towing it? (Is that when he’s referring to the tires spinning?) I guess that would have been LE since it sounds like AWP didn’t touch the car other than attaching the buoy. IMO

Jared stated they didn't enter the vehicle nor look at what gear it was in. The point is, yes LE could have put it in neutral prior to towing but you wouldn't need to because the wheels spin freely regardless what gear it's in if the engine is not running. Only way they wouldn't is in park.

Last edited:
Jared stated they didn't enter the vehicle nor look at what gear it was in. The point is, yes LE could have put it in neutral prior to towing but you wouldn't need to because the wheels spin freely regardless what gear it's in if the engine is not running. Only way they wouldn't is in park.
Oh I understand:) I was speculating that if someone didn’t already know that fact about this specific car, it might just be a standard procedure thing- to always put a car in neutral before towing it. I guess eventually we will find out what gear it was in before anyone touched it though!

Coincidence? Probably. Perhaps not…
Posted yesterday:
*Timing is everything*

Yesterday was OD awareness day. OD's have increased by around 43% (can't remember the exact number) so I'm sure that's why it was posted yesterday. I saw OD awareness posts a lot on social media, especially from friends who have lost people due to drugs. Not to mention the colored (like chalk) candy appearance of Fentanyl going around. Scary stuff!

Can't say I agree with everything AWP has done regarding this latest preview and video BUT it is possible they feel confident releasing some of this info because they are confident that it is foul play and know way more than we do. Also, we don't know to what level they could be working with LE or her family and maybe this is a tactic to get people to talk.
I think we should hold judgment until more info is out and the story comes to light.
They do amazing work and it's not fair to bash them based off of this one situation when we don't know the whole story.
How do you feel about them releasing the video the day before Kiely’s birthday? Not particularly sensitive to her mother or family, IMHO.

RIP Kiely. You would have turned 17 today.

Also, I do not believe the story about her and her car being at Boca on the morning after, as tow truck driver never verified the date, never positively identified her, or even her car, but IF she and her car were there, is it possible that she and her friends that had planned to go camping the day after the party, were actually planning to camp at Boca and not Prosser? This could offer a non-suspicious scenario for her to be there. Maybe she had driven there the night before, and just decided to stay the night. But then, how did she and her car end up back in Prosser Reservoir. It makes no sense to me, which is why I do not believe this story. Perhaps the tow truck guy has story right, but day wrong, but again, that should be easily verifiable.

Finally, I have been a big fan of AWP, and still am. They do amazing work, and I believe if they had not found Kiely, she may have laid at the bottom of that lake for years, or for eternity. Having said that, they need to use this case, their first time working an active missing person case, as opposed to a long-cold case, as a learning experience, and perhaps take on a media liaiason to help them better navigate their way through the different challenges that working an active case present, and handle their new-found fame. And finally, I really would have preferred that they withhold any videos such as the one about to be released, until LE have concluded their investigation. JMO

Well said, Steve.

I am with you on the tow driver / repair shop date / time discrepancy. Is he sure it was Kiely? If the guy was JW, didn’t we see him in an MSM interview with KC? Is he even sure it was KR’s Honda? Maybe the full video will clear these points up. But it seems a reputable tow driver or auto repair shop would have receipts and records. They would also note the license plate number / VIN #, in case a credit card purchase went sideways, or a customer were to return later to question a repair. They would need to keep track of vehicles worked on, in addition to customers. Possibly even required to maintain records for DMV or LE pursuant to lost or stolen vehicles.

jmo

I don't see why AWP should be held to a higher standard than Main Street Media. When reporters interview witnesses and write articles, there are frequently praised for their efforts.

If AWP released privileged information received from LE, there is a problem. If they are discussing information they obtained themselves, they should not be held to a higher standard than newspapers, TV stations, bloggers, or web sleuths.

It looks like this is part of a podcast that has been ongoing for a while - this is just the most recent (and final) episode.
Transcript:
On Tuesday, Placer County District Attorney Morgan Gire charged 20 year old Carson David Shoe with murder for a fentanyl-related death. They believe a man the same age died after taking the drugs given by Shoe.

30 August 2022
The feds' alert led to the district attorney in Placer County, CA to issue his own press release, as KRON4 reports. DA Morgan Gire said that fentanyl was now being sold via TikTok, Snapchat, and elsewhere on social media, and that it may be found in "fake prescription pills, off-market vape pens and [it is] even being reported to be found in marijuana."

I don't see why AWP should be held to a higher standard than Main Street Media. When reporters interview witnesses and write articles, there are frequently praised for their efforts.

If AWP released privileged information received from LE, there is a problem. If they are discussing information they obtained themselves, they should not be held to a higher standard than newspapers, TV stations, bloggers, or web sleuths.

I agree to a certain extent, however most others are not routinely involved in the recovery of bodies. AWP is going to see and have access to more info in that regard that should be protected in an active investigation.

I haven't followed them close enough but it makes me wonder if AWP is instructed on what info they may or not release by LE.

Yesterday was OD awareness day. OD's have increased by around 43% (can't remember the exact number) so I'm sure that's why it was posted yesterday. I saw OD awareness posts a lot on social media, especially from friends who have lost people due to drugs. Not to mention the colored (like chalk) candy appearance of Fentanyl going around. Scary stuff!
Like I said before. Timing is everything…
Coincidences are God’s way of winking at you. imo

Good points. To your last point though, I am with @jbennett ^^^, who, as I did overnight, opined that maybe AWP's video and release timing is in fact in concert with LE. Maybe LE is exploring a foulplay angle more deeply with prelim autopsy results in hand, and thought this might help scare, flush or incite a perp(s) or witnesses to come forward or slip up.
Jared mentioned in yesterday's interview on another youtuber's channel that AWP has two more videos in the works about this case, but will wait with the release until the official investigation progresses. I hope they cleared the current releases with LE and the family.

I agree to a certain extent, however most others are not routinely involved in the recovery of bodies. AWP is going to see and have access to more info in that regard that should be protected in an active investigation.

I haven't followed them close enough but it makes me wonder if AWP is instructed on what info they may or not release by LE.
AWP earned the trust of the family at a very vulnerable time and got called heroes for doing their work, and they are earning money on the story KRs family allowed them to tell. IMVHO that warrants a somewhat higher standard.

imo, releasing the video publically on 2nd like just after kiely's b'day seems a little disrespectful to me. No doubt a lot of things will be clear when it comes out but for the sake of her family, i think they should give them some time digesting the entire process and not flodding questions or accusations on their socials.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member