Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM. IMO it's quite possible that he didn't have access to the relevant records any more and couldn't verify it. He only noticed Kiely's flyer a week after the encounter with the young couple. AWP believed him. Even if this turns out to be unrelated to Kiely, it is part of AWP's story on their way to find her.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - no link from an approved source to statement made as fact>

I really wish I could time it right to actually ask them a question. In my opinion, they’re implying the car was Identified but not her. But they’re not willing to publicly ID a minor so they’re waiting until someone else steps forward or LE releases more information.

I’d also like to know if this interviewed was preplanned. They did it in a Best Buy parking lot, where nick happened to be. So either he’s a crazy fan boy that followed them around or they spoke on the phone first to arrange the interview. If it’s the former, this entire report is most likely BS.

<modsnip>

Also it will be interesting if anyone is oddly absent from the funeral this week…
Didn't AWP already confirm the person the road service guy saw was Kiely?

9:50
- Everything you just heard unfolded right here where I'm standing. Talking about where Nick described him parking
9:56
his service van when he pulled up to give the battery service to Kiely, he parked his van right here facing that direction.
10:03
Her vehicle was parked right over here, facing 894. That way.
It also sounds like AWP is pretty sure Kiely was murdered:

10:35
(suspenseful music) - [Doug] I am a firm believer in second chances.
10:41
However, some things don't deserve forgiveness. Maliciousness does not deserve forgiveness.
10:47
Cold blooded, coldheartedness, taking the life of a 16-year-old deserves zero forgiveness.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

My point was that AWP did in fact state that Kiely was the person who called for assistance. In the video I linked I posted directly from the transcript. I double checked by watching that section. At 9:50 the AWP member with the long beard said:

"Everything you just heard unfolded right here where I'm standing. Talking about where Nick described him parking his service van when he pulled up to give the battery service to Kiely, he parked his van right here facing that direction. Her vehicle was parked right over here, facing 894. That way."

Last edited:
This whole interview with AWP and "roadside", Nick, can be put to bed once and for all with the release of the records from whom he works for. Or, most importantly, for LE to release a statement, verifying his account or not. <modsnip>

MOO

Yep. Like how I posted up-thread that I put leather seats into an entry-level car after purchase so it's possible (but not likely IMO) that a sunroof could have been added after the fact.
Well it is possible... not a great idea, but it is done. My Mom did it to her ancient Toyota Camry...

BBM

There is usually a connector under the driver side door panel that provides power to all the windows (that's why the driver can operate all 4 windows).

If a window fails to go down I think it is probably due to either an individual motor failure or a bad connection between that connector and a window motor.

On newer cars windows usually work for a short period of time after the engine is off. Supposedly they will also work if the vehicle is underwater on some models.

JMHO
hmmm...

I also know when a connection is iffy and a window gets STUCK down, slamming the door shut while holding the power window button in the direction you want it to work can temporarily fix the issue.* (An one of my older Hondas developed, near the end of it's life on one of the non-driver's windows.) * You do this, and your stuck window should go back up, may take a few attempts.

Along the same thought, that dent to the driver's side door we see when Kiely's CRV is towed out of the water by LE....we do not know for certain what caused it. Perhaps earlier damage that was enough to "jar" those same window panel switches, and render her power window inoperable on the driver's side? :(

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

My point was that AWP did in fact state that Kiely was the person who called for assistance. In the video I linked I posted directly from the transcript. I double checked by watching that section. At 9:50 the AWP member with the long beard said:

"Everything you just heard unfolded right here where I'm standing. Talking about where Nick described him parking his service van when he pulled up to give the battery service to Kiely, he parked his van right here facing that direction. Her vehicle was parked right over here, facing 894. That way."
If they did confirm it was Kiely, why not show the evidence confirming it was her. It seems improper in either case. If it was her and there is evidence, presumably LE is investigating and this information may hurt the investigation. If they haven't confirmed, why put the insinuation out there?

I suspect we will find out that AWP did not have confirmation but believed TTG and thought LE were not investigating or they wanted to create a storyline like a Dateline episode.

I have a 2004 accord, and it has the same safety feature with the power windows that Kiely's had. Obvs my car is a lot older, but when I turn my car off there is a grace period after that where my windows still work even with the keys out of the ignition. The duration of that grace period, seems to vary from time to time which I personally haven't been able to figure out why. The switches are known to go out as well as the regulator, so it is very possible that hers may have been malfunctioning like my own seemingly do, it's a common problem with Hondas, Mercedes, and BMWs. I know there are more of you in here that are very knowledgeable about cars, maybe you guys can shed some light on this. Is it a potential battery issue, or switch issue that could have caused the windows to not go down?
If you turn off your car, and don't open a door, you can still work the windows and sunroof on the 2004 accord whether you take the key out of the ignition or not. I had a 2004 Accord too. The minute you open a door, you can no longer do that after the car is turned off.

Mike King of Profiling Evil analyzed some of the same things that are being currently discussed here, in a video posted last night. It's very informative, although nothing is new if you are closely following this thread. He goes into detail about why she might have been in the back of the car, how much weight to give the unverified tip, and how the car could have been missed in prior searches. Worth a watch for how he explains everything step by step and based on his extensive experience.

<modsnip>

hmmm...

I also know when a connection is iffy and a window gets STUCK down, slamming the door shut while holding the power window button in the direction you want it to work can temporarily fix the issue.* (An one of my older Hondas developed, near the end of it's life on one of the non-driver's windows.) * You do this, and your stuck window should go back up, may take a few attempts.

Along the same thought, that dent to the driver's side door we see when Kiely's CRV is towed out of the water by LE....we do not know for certain what caused it. Perhaps earlier damage that was enough to "jar" those same window panel switches, and render her power window inoperable on the driver's side? :(

BBM

That can work if it is a motor problem as described by the guy in the video. Most likely a connection or motor problem. Neither one is much fun but the connection problem is probably cheaper depending on where it is.

In any event, if Kiely attempted to get the window down after driving into the water and it didn't work it really doesn't matter much what the cause was

JMHO

Unless they are asked to, which they have been in some of their other cases. I have seen a couple where they have had to remove skeletonised remains piece by piece and hand over to LE/coroners waiting on the bank
Which case was this, was there no diver available, no way to bring up a car?

BBM

That can work if it is a motor problem as described by the guy in the video. Most likely a connection or motor problem. Neither one is much fun but the connection problem is probably cheaper depending on where it is.

In any event, if Kiely attempted to get the window down after driving into the water and it didn't work it really doesn't matter much what the cause was

JMHO

It matters in the context of what caused the damage, when it happened and if it resulted in her inability to roll down her window and contributed to her death.

For example, some of the possibilities we discussed have included cars horsing around on the beach, swerving to miss something, someone, etc.

I do NOT think it looks as though she rolled her CRV prior to entering the water, but last night, I did note and screenshot what appeared to be recent damage to the rear of her vehicle while it was still underwater with AWP. If I had to venture a guess, it looks like she backed into something, or something/someone hit her, at low speed. (Based on personal experience with people doing same to my vehicles.) It is possible it was rocks when the vehicle entered water, trees, who knows?

I probably was not clear enough where my line of thinking was going.

If you turn off your car, and don't open a door, you can still work the windows and sunroof on the 2004 accord whether you take the key out of the ignition or not. I had a 2004 Accord too. The minute you open a door, you can no longer do that after the car is turned off.
Does that go for the 2013 crv she had or is there a time limit on that car? Eg, if she had opened the door enough to unlatch or trigger that and then tried to open the window would it go down or not. Or does that not matter since they're supposed to work underwater regardless of this all.

One was Carey Mae Parker, AWP had located the vehicle but during its recovery the car came apart and only part of it was removed. They went back some time later and were able to find and remove enough remains for a positive ID.

Another one was James Amabile, who had been missing for nearly 20 years. When they found the car, with his remains, the windows were open/broken (can’t remember which) and they felt there was no way to recover the car without risking losing the victim’s remains in the process, so Doug went down with a bag and methodically removed what he could.

<modsnip>

Jimmy Amabile is the case you’re referring to I think. His Explorer was submerged for 19 years. What happened is that when they built the marina, they drove a pylon right through the engine bay of the truck submerged underneath! It was a complex case. Doug was amazing.

The drivers side window was down and the body was covered completely with silt. So if they had tried to remove the truck, all the evidence would be destroyed. So Doug had to dive down and meticulously remove the bones and place them in a bag for the coroner. It was a dangerous mission with a strong current. Once he felt he retrieved as much as he could, he sealed up the window. A crane company donated their service to pull out the truck. They had to cut the pylon. I gotta say LE worked wonderfully with AWP on this one. They knew Doug was the most experienced with this type of recovery, and they allowed him to remove the remains.

It matters in the context of what caused the damage, when it happened and if it resulted in her inability to roll down her window and contributed to her death.

For example, some of the possibilities we discussed have included cars horsing around on the beach, swerving to miss something, someone, etc.

I do NOT think it looks as though she rolled her CRV prior to entering the water, but last night, I did note and screenshot what appeared to be recent damage to the rear of her vehicle while it was still underwater with AWP. If I had to venture a guess, it looks like she backed into something, or something/someone hit her, at low speed. (Based on personal experience with people doing same to my vehicles.) It is possible it was rocks when the vehicle entered water, trees, who knows?

I probably was not clear enough where my line of thinking was going.
@Beekarina, you were very clear enough last night in the post you describe. You got me thinking hard about what those marks may be. I just didn't respond because I couldn't figure out anything worth sharing here. My imagination loves to ponder again whether there was some rough driving on the beach and KR's car got punted into the water by someone from behind.

You might want to post that image again in case your new post or this one catches anyone's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MediainfoMPM