Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure understood. Maybe I’m splitting hairs ? I guess I’ve just been under the impression that it went into the water after midnight, ie the next day. Mostly because of the ping after midnight. Which would mean the person saw her vehicle the day of the party and therefore a potentially important tip. IMO.
would not the only valuable tip be that Nick RA saw her, or someone who looked like her, the morning after she went missing thus indicating foul play% Seeing her the day before or the morning of the party is merely a service run IMO.

Not sure that TONS of tips are pouring in, and not sure how helpful tips still coming in are, though I hope they do get followed up on. The one tip that got highlighted and posted yesterday was from someone who said they saw and had her car on video the day before it went into the water. I'm not sure how helpful that could be, and also am trying to figure out how they knew what day the car went into the water. Seems they would have said the day before the party. JMO

View attachment 367473
^^^THIS^^^

would not the only valuable tip be that Nick RA saw her, or someone who looked like her, the morning after she went missing thus indicating foul play% Seeing her the day before or the morning of the party is merely a service run IMO.

Wow, I can think of multiple other reasons that tip could be important. Though I agree a confirmation of other possible sightings would be great.

Last edited:
Wow, I can think of multiple other reasons that tip could be important. Though I agree a confirmation of other sightings would be great.
here is what I meant

Tip of a sighting the day before party, worthless
Tip of a sighting the morning of the party, service call
Tip of a sighting morning after party confirmed by LE, definitely foul play.

Ahh.. some new MSM!

Nothing of material interest for the KR case, IMO, other than these tidbits that may clear up some of our questions:

""For a new car, this is the easiest find you can have; no current, great visibility. And you know, it's not deep," Bishop said."

"Nick said that they found the car upside down and he was trying his best not to touch the car to preserve evidence. However, "even if a tire was flat underwater upside down unless you were to put your hands on it and push it you wouldn't be able to tell the tires were all there. They looked intact to me.""

Ahh.. some new MSM!

Nothing of material interest for the KR case, IMO, other than these tidbits that may clear up some of our questions:

""For a new car, this is the easiest find you can have; no current, great visibility. And you know, it's not deep," Bishop said."

"Nick said that they found the car upside down and he was trying his best not to touch the car to preserve evidence. However, "even if a tire was flat underwater upside down unless you were to put your hands on it and push it you wouldn't be able to tell the tires were all there. They looked intact to me.""

His comments about the tires are confusing to me. JMO.

His comments about the tires are confusing to me. JMO.
Yes, to me too, @RANCH. In the article, Nick is responding to a viewer question about whether the tires were flat. I believe his response is trying to state that all four tires were present on the car. So they were intact. But unless he pushed down on the tires themselves he would not know if they were flat given they were underwater. That is just my interpretation.

Yes, to me too, @RANCH. In the article, Nick is responding to a viewer question about whether the tires were flat. I believe his response is trying to state that all four tires were present on the car. So they were intact. But unless he pushed down on the tires themselves he would not know if they were flat given they were underwater. That is just my interpretation.
It would have been nice if he said that they were flat or not. Instead we get a comment about the tires being "all there" after having to push them with your hand. What? JMO.

Ahh.. some new MSM!

lets see what Curiosa says later, currents are like tides maybe not enough to move his
big magnet or his boat around during a beautiful sunny day but enough to suck her car into the lake at night when its chillier and colder and the current might change, we will see..
Hope no offense is taken if I do not take Nicks word to solve all of my questions. Because he knows what he is doing does not make him an expert on all things marine. I am a fan of awp. Its not slamming them to question them or get a second opinion. If Curiosa comes on here with all of the facts and says current would have no effect on a car going into the lake at this time, I will humbly apologize for taking up time here on a useless quest.

Maybe the idea of the tire being missing is something that really took off elsewhere? I think here we all seemed to reach a consensus (?) that all the tires were on the CRV, after some discussion? (I think we did, from memory, but maybe some still had doubts, not trying to leave anyone out)

If the recovery team had said Kiely was in the backseat with her seatbelt on, I would think suspect. I am waiting for toxicology reports. I think she partied hard, turned left instead of right and desperately tried to get out of car. But maybe too intoxicated to form a thought. I find when I smoke pot it makes me really smart in some things but really dumb in others

It would have been nice if he said that they were flat or not. Instead we get a comment about the tires being "all there" after having to push them with your hand. What? JMO.
Maybe because the car was upside down and there was no weight on the tires they would not have appeared flat (like uninflated tires don't when sitting on a rack).

I don't know if he methodically pushed each tire with his hand or if, underwater, that would have even told him anything. Not sure why under the circumstances he would have anyway.

Maybe because the car was upside down and there was no weight on the tires they would not have appeared flat (like uninflated tires don't when sitting on a rack).

I don't know if he methodically pushed each tire with his hand or if, underwater, that would have even told him anything. Not sure why under the circumstances he would have anyway.
Yes, @franker, I believe the article prefaced the whole tire dialog with a statement from Nick Rinn, the diver, that he was being very careful not to disturb any evidence. So from the totality of what he is quoted saying, he did not touch tires, IMO.

lets see what Curiosa says later, currents are like tides maybe not enough to move his
big magnet or his boat around during a beautiful sunny day but enough to suck her car into the lake at night when its chillier and colder and the current might change, we will see..
Hope no offense is taken if I do not take Nicks word to solve all of my questions. Because he knows what he is doing does not make him an expert on all things marine. I am a fan of awp. Its not slamming them to question them or get a second opinion. If Curiosa comes on here with all of the facts and says current would have no effect on a car going into the lake at this time, I will humbly apologize for taking up time here on a useless quest.
And let's keep in mind that Doug Bishop's comment on "no current" was his observation on 8/21. Not 8/6 when KR disappeared. We know water levels were higher on 8/6 so maybe currents were different too. Hopefully @Curiosa20 knows.

I apologize for my poorly written post. I'm sure it would be hard to tell if any of the tires were flat or inflated with the car upside down underwater.

My confusion came from the "all there" part of the comment when asked about a flat tire. What's that supposed to mean? JMO.

Oh boy, here we go...

Web sleuths have been circulating rumors of foul play for weeks since her death, and have been speculating her boyfriend, Jagger Westfall, could have been involved.

Nevada County Sheriffs told The U.S. Sun on Tuesday: "Early in the investigation, our detectives made contact with Jagger Westfall. After a detailed interview, he was ruled out as a person of interest."

The accusations began after the volunteer dive group Adventures with Purpose, who found Kiely's car using sonar technology, spoke to an unnamed witness.

The man claimed in a YouTube video to have helped Kiely with her vehicle and described her being with a teen who fitted Jagger's description after he appeared on the local news.
The 'witness' did not disclose what company he provided roadside assistance for and his claims have never been verified, with no CCTV or other witnesses coming forward.

The U.S. Sun can now confirm Jagger, 18, has voluntarily spoken with law enforcement and provided proof of his movements during the time Kiely disappeared.

A source exclusively said: "Jagger was in Napa Valley until 8am on the Saturday. He didn't get back to Truckee until noon and then joined the search to look for Kiely.
My bolding. More at the link.

I hope this puts to rest any suspicions about Kiely's ex. Oh, and I'm sure they mean web sleuths in general and not us.

I apologize for my poorly written post. I'm sure it would be hard to tell if any of the tires were flat or inflated with the car upside down underwater.

My confusion came from the "all there" part of the comment when asked about a flat tire. What's that supposed to mean? JMO.
I think the “all there” comment was because there was a picture going around on SM (& also discussed here) where it looked like a wheel was missing on the car while it was underwater.

MOO

Oh boy, here we go...

Web sleuths have been circulating rumors of foul play for weeks since her death, and have been speculating her boyfriend, Jagger Westfall, could have been involved.

Nevada County Sheriffs told The U.S. Sun on Tuesday: "Early in the investigation, our detectives made contact with Jagger Westfall. After a detailed interview, he was ruled out as a person of interest."

The accusations began after the volunteer dive group Adventures with Purpose, who found Kiely's car using sonar technology, spoke to an unnamed witness.

The man claimed in a YouTube video to have helped Kiely with her vehicle and described her being with a teen who fitted Jagger's description after he appeared on the local news.
The 'witness' did not disclose what company he provided roadside assistance for and his claims have never been verified, with no CCTV or other witnesses coming forward.

The U.S. Sun can now confirm Jagger, 18, has voluntarily spoken with law enforcement and provided proof of his movements during the time Kiely disappeared.

A source exclusively said: "Jagger was in Napa Valley until 8am on the Saturday. He didn't get back to Truckee until noon and then joined the search to look for Kiely.
My bolding. More at the link.

I hope this puts to rest any suspicions about Kiely's ex. Oh, and I'm sure they mean web sleuths in general and not us.
Yay Jagger! he was just way too candid to be suspicious, opened himself way up and basically was right there for LE to apprehend. LE finally cut him some slack AFTER he received so many death threats, poor kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member