GUILTY CA - Lauren Key, 4, thrown off cliff, Rancho Palos Verdes, 8 Nov 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all!

I have KFI on now, they're on national news, then they have a special report coming on re the trial.

It's on now

Jury showed up this AM and reports have come out that they can't reach a verdict.

Shannon is on the courtroom, where lawyers are taking their last shot to get the jury to come to a decision. The judge wants this jury to come to a verdict. He is allowing the lawyers 30 mins each to argue to the jury.

Shannon from the courthouse ~ split was 9-3, then another vote 9-2 with 1 abstaining.

Having a problem determing malice and forethought.

Elements:

someone was killed

killing unlawful

there was malice of forethought.

This report is from earlier with Shannon at the courthouse ~ she is talking to Michael who is reporting on the show today.

Shannon ~ very odd that the attys can address the jury again after the case is closed, the jury looks tired.

Cams wife and BIL is there, no family members there of Lauren

Please excuse the typos or grammer, I was typing as she was speaking, phew

They are talking now about how unsympathetic the defendant is, so why is it so difficult for the jury, determing the malice of forethought, was it intentional, was the evil there.

Micheal Wempe (preist) trial also had a second round of closing arguments. More common than most people realize. The jurors cannot ask questions, but the judge can ask the attys to address certain issues that the jurors may be hung up on. No more evidence can be presented, it's like hearng the spin from both sides and can be effective during a deadlock.

I am paraphrasing from another person they have at the courthouse reporting, KFI Eric Leonard.

Shannon ~ she rambled off the numbers on the split

there will be another trial

Shannon is going to try and speak to Geragos to see if he will be his atty again.

The jurors told the judge it wouldn't help if the attys argued to them again, it wouldn't help.

There is a pretrial conf set for Sept and new trial date is in Oct

Jurors came out crying and didn't want to talk to anyone. It was ony 2 people that could not vote for a G verdict.

That's pretty much it guys, I missed the actual dates on the pre trial conf and the trial date.

They are still talking about it, pretty much a sum up of all the years and history.

Does anyone think that the Prosecutor will offer up a plea deal to avoid another trial? $$$$$

Thanks for the report, Candie. I hate to hear it's a hung jury, but I'm sure we all expected that after all this time.

Your welcome Ntergrity. I was impressed with Eric Leonards reporting, apparently he's a defense attorney and shed alot of light on what was going on. This was a most informative day, I wonder if it's because J&K are on vacation:crazy:

Will be interesting to see what the next steps will be.

Have to run *waves*

Do you really think they will be ready to go to trial in October?

I think the Prosecution over reached on the charge of 1st degree. The defense pretty much knows their case now and has more to work with. Maybe they will reach a plea based on this Jury's deliberations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back