GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, this wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being a local - someone who lives nearby and who is familiar with the family as far as who lives there, etc, but is unknown to the family (i.e, the brother wouldn't recognize him). And - lives close enough to watch the home, knew when the parents left, and was able to leave and get inside his house quickly.

I haven't looked at a map, but would that be possible?

ETA - And I don't know what to think about the guy who says he gave a bloody guy a ride. So.... where did he take the guy?!? Hinky.

bloody stranger ride giving dude and his talking about a possible leg injury to perp makes me wonder if this is the reason LE asked for people to be on the lookout for folks with unexplained injuries or left the area suddenly.

This story is a bit surprising to me. Who lets a bloody hitchhiking stranger into their car? I would call 911 to come help them, but they are not climbing into my vehicle with me. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Press Release #6

Sheriff Gary Kuntz: Thank You Calaveras County For Your Support
MEDIA RELEASE

Release Date: 04/30/13
Release Number: 1

Sheriff Gary Kuntz: Thank You Calaveras County for Your Support

(San Andreas, CA) Sheriff Gary Kuntz and the staff at the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office would like to extend its sincere appreciation and gratitude to the Calaveras County community, its citizens, and to the many governmental agencies that have assisted us during the investigation into Leila Fowler’s death. The selfless support that we have received, including investigative related leads pertaining to the on-going investigation, food and beverages, land and building use and other logistical resources demonstrates the highest standards of family values and partnerships that we have all created and maintain throughout Calaveras County. Again, Sheriff Gary Kuntz and the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office recognize the hardships and want to thank all those who have offered their support during this difficult time in our community.

https://local.nixle.com/calaveras-county-sheriffs-office/

Maybe that guy is the perp and he gave that account to explain blood in his car? IDK just blabbering out loud but it is an odd story for sure.

Yeah... That would be "hiding in plain sight" on the part of the perp... Wouldn't it?

:waitasec:

I am wondering if witness #3 is someone who might have seen the perp in the immediate neighborhood BEFORE the killing. In one of the articles linked upthread, someone posted ' look at the comments.' And I looked at the comments, and someone posted about seeing a man casing the neighborhood and lurking about and he kind of matched the description given.

This is semi correct, witness #3 is someone who was seen in the days before saturday. Sheriff Jim Macedo said this in one of the press releases. It was either on Sunday or Monday. It may not have made news but I heard it with my very own ears.

This is semi correct, witness #3 is someone who was seen in the days before saturday. Sheriff Jim Macedo said this in one of the press releases. It was either on Sunday or Monday. It may not have made news but I heard it with my very own ears.

So I am wondering if the person seen was looking for any old house to break into, or were they specifically watching this family's home?

Saturdays with a family of 7 must be crazy. We have all kinds of sports going on and lots of back and forth. I leave my 8 year old daughter with her 12 year old brother at times during the day. I don't find this odd or anything at all.

My 12 year old son is tiny for his age, but fierce. If anyone tried to break in, I think he could do a good job of defending himself, but wow...some of his friends are like 6 feet tall and are as big as grown men and every bit as strong, if not stronger. I could see many a 12 year old boy scaring the crap out of an intruder who thinks only a little girl is in the house.

Why are people commenting on demeanor of the parents at this time? Have they been identified as suspects? Apparently, it has been made quite clear they weren't home at the time of the murder and were standing by the side of law enforcement.

I actually saw two greiving parents-a mother completely distraught who wanted to curl up and die and a father who looked like he really wanted to beat someone's tukkus.

God bless this family. I cannot imagine the horror and grief they are going through and they have obviously been told what people are saying or read it themselves. So sad for them.

I don't buy the bloody hitchhiker story. How would he not remember where he dropped this person off???

I commented on the parents demeanor because I saw what you saw and made note of it. Because seeing them like that made my heart hurt for them and their kids. No, they are most assuredly not named as suspects or POIs.

bloody hitchhike story. Jury is still out on his account for me. Very unusual is all I will say to it right now.

:wave: thanks Rhyme & Reason, for the heads up. Will be watching for Lenore's byline from here on out.

snipped from Lenore Rutherford's article at http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Valley-Springs-murder-update

Kimberly Lacasse also lives five or six houses away from where the death occurred.

“We are a really close, friendly neighborhood,” she said, “but that house had been rented a couple of times, and I hadn’t met the family yet.”

Wonder if the Fowler's were relatively new to the community or just the neighborhood?

snipped from Lenore Rutherford's article at http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Valley-Springs-murder-update

Kimberly Lacasse also lives five or six houses away from where the death occurred.

“We are a really close, friendly neighborhood,” she said, “but that house had been rented a couple of times, and I hadn’t met the family yet.”

Wonder if the Fowler's were relatively new to the community or just the neighborhood?

I know our Sheriff's Dept (Tuolumne County) is helping with the investigation as well. It scares me that this person could easily be in our county.

i heard on the news that this is a blended family and that Leila had 5 brothers and sisters she lived with and 3 others in another state.

obviously dad "barney" is her bio dad same last name. has anyone heard if mom at press conference KW is her bio mom and if there are step parents involved?

I don't blame you Rhyme. I would be scared if I were close to the area. So brazen and right in broad daylight on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Its crazy. Be Safe over there!

Hi Pray4Snow :wave: I see ya down there :)

No info has been released about the family makeup or dynamic gooniequeen

I know our Sheriff's Dept (Tuolumne County) is helping with the investigation as well. It scares me that this person could easily be in our county.

Quoting myself to say I don't want him in anyone's county. I hope they catch him soon.

found the reference to the blended family.

VERCAMMEN: And Leila's mother telling CNN that she had five siblings, brothers and sisters, living here in Valley Springs and they also had an extended blended family, three other siblings out of state, Zoraida, and they said that Leila just loved all these brothers and sisters.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/es.03.html

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

now CBS local station has picked up on the Modesto Bee quote from the sheriff and are reporting it as a fact that he said that at the presser!! Don't these people fact check??? I really am wondering if the sheriff ever said that at all. He did NOT do so at the presser last night. That much is a fact.

VALLEY SPRINGS (CBS/AP) – Authorities in Calaveras County say the slaying of an 8-year-old girl at her home does not appear to have stemmed from a botched robbery or other crime gone wrong.

According to the Modesto Bee, Calaveras County Sheriff Gary Kuntz said it appears the unknown intruder intended to attack Leila Fowler.

Kuntz spoke at a hastily called news conference on Monday night.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/search-continues-for-calaveras-county-girls-killer/

Also, our third blood covered ride giving witness is interviewed on camera. Claims the man was laying on the road near the Fowler home, had an injury to his leg and that his arm was bloody. Witness claims he could not see any scrapes (seems to be referring to blood on arm at this point). [note, as witness describes man's bloody arm he gestures with his right hand and rubs it along his left arm]

Witness is described by reporter as a "neighbor" and it takes place at approximately 2:50 of video at link.

Sorry if this goes through twice. Second time I tired to post it.

Anyways, I think it is important to mention that following all the press conferences, the sheriffs have answered questions from the media and the community. Media is very much up in their face after the cameras stop rolling jotting down quotes, using voice recorders, etc. So this may a valid quote, but who really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876