GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
which then returns me to my original question of why would the other officer answer the Q in the presser that they don't know if this was random if the Sheriff was going to within minutes tell press afterwards that this was not random and she was intentionally assaulted during what was not a botched robbery.

Either he said it and it contradicts what other LEO had just said or somebody does have their facts straight.

Thanks for the info Pray4Snow :) I am still confused but I can more easily see where he may have said it but only to the Bee reported, after the presser had ended.

You know, this wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being a local - someone who lives nearby and who is familiar with the family as far as who lives there, etc, but is unknown to the family (i.e, the brother wouldn't recognize him). And - lives close enough to watch the home, knew when the parents left, and was able to leave and get inside his house quickly.

I haven't looked at a map, but would that be possible?

ETA - And I don't know what to think about the guy who says he gave a bloody guy a ride. So.... where did he take the guy?!? Hinky.

I agree with you. Maybe he assumed the Leila would recognise him, which is why he had to kill her after she had seen him (assuming it was a robbery), or he did what he intended too (assuming it is a sex crime). He may not have realised the brother was home at the time so believed there would be no witnesses after Leila was killed.

Would the kids go to the same school? I'm not familiar with your school system but here an 8 year old would be in primary school and the 12 year old would be in high school. It makes me wonder if Leila would recognise him if he were a janitor or a school parent, but the brother wouldn't recognise him because he went to a different school.

Andria Borba ‏@andria_borba 40m
Leila Fowler's favorite Lady Antebellum song, "Need You Now" will be played at her vigil in Valley Springs tonight. @FOX40

For Leila

[video=youtube;eM213aMKTHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg[/video]

I agree with you. Maybe he assumed the Leila would recognise him, which is why he had to kill her after she had seen him (assuming it was a robbery), or he did what he intended too (assuming it is a sex crime). He may not have realised the brother was home at the time so believed there would be no witnesses after Leila was killed.

Would the kids go to the same school? I'm not familiar with your school system but here an 8 year old would be in primary school and the 12 year old would be in high school. It makes me wonder if Leila would recognise him if he were a janitor or a school parent, but the brother wouldn't recognise him because he went to a different school.

Leila's school went up to 6th grade, so there is a very good chance her brother was in the same school. But there is also the possibility that he was in 7th grade, which would be a different school. A 12-year-old would be in 5th-7th grade in the US.

sorry Eileen. I know I read an article which indicated that Leila had another sibling who also attended the elementary school with her but I have just tried to locate it and couldn't. :( hate when happens.

1 hour.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...sLM-CntWKU7RU-agDE26mcz7SwDtQ&t=h&mra=ls&z=10

How far is Placerville from Valley Springs??? Not sure if this could be related.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...ainst-would-be-kidnapper-inside-her-aparment/

PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – A man was arrested in Placerville Tuesday for forcing his way into a woman’s apartment and trying to kidnap the woman’s 15-month-old child.

(sorry if this article has been posted already)

You have Valley Springs, Utah. :)

Valley Springs, CA is only 46 miles from Placerville

I live in Utah and have NEVER heard of Valley Springs.
In fact I drive by it every day and my Dad has never heard of it either.
WTF?
Fixed.

I hope locals in Calaveras County can clue me in, because my memories are from many years ago. But we had a ski cabin right outside of Arnold, just below Bear Valley.

If you look at the map, Placerville/Lake Tahoe area looks very close. only 5o miles away. But from my memory, that highway was often closed in the winter, so one could not always get from Tahoe to Calaveras in one hour. Am I remembering that right?

ETA: Ebbets Pass---someone posted it below

I hope locals in Calaveras County can clue me in, because my memories are from many years ago. But we had a ski cabin right outside of Arnold, just below Bear Valley.

If you look at the map, Placerville/Lake Tahoe area looks very close. only 5o miles away. But from my memory, that highway was often closed in the winter, so one could not always get from Tahoe to Calaveras in one hour. Am I remembering that right?

I'm not around that area too often but I think it's HWY 50 you're thinking of. I know that does close when big storms come through, probably from around Placerville on up to Tahoe. IDK about HWY 124??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula