GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.. now I am wondering... wondering what else was going on. I've stated before that I am familiar with this area, it is a mixed bag of families, retirees, and crackheads. Not a bad area, just a big divide.. almost like Mexico. So you've got not just users up there, but worse, big time dealers/cookers. People you don't want to cross. You might be a builder, contractor, etc. and get into business with someone you wish you didn't. This is not my imagination running wild. I work with a person who has experienced this, and I know of several others that have been on the fringe of this. I am only hoping that Leila wasn't a HIT. It happens, even with the low end drug trade. When I said earlier that there were druggies up in there hills, I did not mean just users. It is a manufacturing plant up there, and I can only imagine someone getting involved, unknowingly OR knowingly, and having problems. I certainly hope this is not the case...

But what do you hope for? Pedophile? no way... I just hope he disappears forever. Hunt him down, LE.

How common would it be for a man with long gray hair?

Sadly, all too common. Drug manufacturing has been going on in the area for decades. I am 60. I spent many winters there when I was in my late teens and early 20's, and there were local kids making speed and selling it, and lots of pot dealers and coke dealers up there then, in the 70's and 80's.

In terms of motive, there might not be any. It could be totally random. It might be a situation where no logic can be applied.

The other scenario is that the perp had some special connection with the girl. He may have obsessed over her. Or maybe she saw him doing something. Or maybe she teased him. Does she walk to or from school or a bus stop? Where might she cross this individual where she is alone or at least without her parents?

I assume the wound the man has is from the knife. Usually, stabbers' hands slide up the knife, and their clenched fists are cut on the blade.

That's the typical druggie you see up there, unfortunately. Long, doesn't mean mid-back.. just longer than the witness was used to seeing. That is not an uncommon discription of druggies in the Sierra Foothills.

Maybe I am mistaken but I feel like it's extremely unusual for a stranger to "just" kill a child. Not talking about mass shootings here, but normally the stranger will kidnap the child, sexually assault them, kill them, and then dispose of their body. For someone to target a child just to kill...is really rare, I believe. It's not like Leila was walking down the street of a big city and some deranged person started stabbing her. This person broke-into the family's home specifically to kill their daughter. VERY Odd. Also, the method of murder is extremely personal. This person hated Leila or hated her family IMO. Could this be revenge for something?

As for the theory about this person being hyped up on drugs...are we saying that he went to the house at that time and simply got lucky that only Leila and her brother were home? Because I don't know if someone on drugs would be able to plan out the crime...where the parents are away from the house, will be away until this time, the siblings are also not home, etc?

Maybe I am mistaken but I feel like it's extremely unusual for a stranger to "just" kill a child. Not talking about mass shootings here, but normally the stranger will kidnap the child, sexually assault them, kill them, and then dispose of their body. For someone to target a child just to kill...is really rare, I believe. It's not like Leila was walking down the street of a big city and some deranged person started stabbing her. This person broke-into the family's home specifically to kill their daughter. VERY Odd. Also, the method of murder is extremely personal. This person hated Leila or hated her family IMO. Could this be revenge for something?

As for the theory about this person being hyped up on drugs...are we saying that he went to the house at that time and simply got lucky that only Leila and her brother were home? Because I don't know if someone on drugs would be able to plan out the crime...where the parents are away from the house, will be away until this time, the siblings are also not home, etc?

Which is why I wonder if it was a hit or retribution to the father, mother, or other family member.

Stephanie Crowe.
It does happen. :twocents:

When you have a crime like this where a family member or somebody living in the home could have been involved they'll execute a search warrant. That way later should they charge a family member or resident in the home with that crime there's no question the search was done legally.

Yeah, what I thought.....

Meth freaks are impossible to understand. They hallucinate, have violent impulses and are very unstable and unpredicatble.

I think it is possible that a methed out freak watched a family pile in their SUV and drive away. Then he climbed in a back window or something, planning to steal a laptop so he could pawn it for some cash. Then he stumbles upon a little girl who is laying down watching TV. She gets up and starts to scream and he stabs her to death and runs out of the home. It is possible. JMO

Was in town today. Many news stations were waiting outside of the sheriffs office. Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but wanted to get it all to you asap. A younger male (mid twenties maybe) went on camera in an interview on the 6pm KCRA (nbc) and said that saturday around the time of the incident he saw an older male with grey hair laying on the side of the road with blood all over his arm, around the area of Leila's house. He say's he gave him a ride home and didn't find out about the murder until later. I'm under the assumption that he has spoken to the police now (sometime today), but not 100% sure. Also not sure why someone would go on camera and make such a claim if it wasn't true. We are a very small community and this would surely make you a serve outcast. Although the rumor mill is definitely spinning, KCRA, aslo mentioned multiple rumors are coming out, so not sure they even believed him. And furthermore, not sure if he would be allowed to go on camera and make such a claim. I would think that the sheriff would be also heavily investigating him.

I saw his interview on Channel 2 and he said he gave a hitchhiker a ride and (his words) "thinking back, something wasn't right about the look in his eyes and he had blood all over his arm...blood everywhere".

I didn't hear him say where he dropped the man off. I personally don't believe his story. They would've impounded the vehicle for evidence and would have probably been able to do a sketch since he was allegedly sitting right next to him in a vehicle.

Stephanie Crowe.
It does happen. :twocents:

Ya, I lived there during that case and that was crazy. It never really seemed plausible about the brother and his friends. And it turned out to be the Truitt (?) guy - a crazy, homeless person. It does happen.

What was the "public event" the parents were attending? Were they in the neighborhood?

Are the parents married? I noticed they have different names - doesn't matter, just trying to figure out the family dynamics. Mom looks very young. And like she is about to drop at any moment. I was a little shocked about how the police officer in the news conference seemed to awkwardly put them on the spot for an uncomfortable amount of time regarding if they were going to talk or not. Why wasn't a victim advocate standing there with them?

I believe they said she was targeted. They didn't say what she was targeted for.
Just like the say they have checked all local sex offenders, but they aren't saying she was sexually assaulted. Just that it is routine.

In the video of the news conference the officer said the parents did not want unauthorized pictures of her posted? Is that right and they did not want negative things posted about the family???? Is that right or did I misunderstand?

I've seen nothing negative and I've read everything I could get my hands on.
Maybe I don't understand?

What was the "public event" the parents were attending? Were they in the neighborhood?

Are the parents married? I noticed they have different names - doesn't matter, just trying to figure out the family dynamics. Mom looks very young. And like she is about to drop at any moment. I was a little shocked about how the police officer in the news conference seemed to awkwardly put them on the spot for an uncomfortable amount of time regarding if they were going to talk or not. Why wasn't a victim advocate standing there with them?

I think, I read that they were at a little league game of some kind?

Didn't Tommy Sells also break into a home just to stab two girls? I think one died and one survived. No real motive other than wanting to kill if I remember correctly.

He may have been watching the home (or like Elizabeth Smart's case had been in the home) and knew who lived there. Why he wanted to kill her, who knows.

One scenario could be racial. Have they said if the suspect is of a different race than Leila? We had an 8-yr-old boy killed in our neighborhood years ago by a man walking down the street, supposedly looking for a white child to kill.

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=22371

Also, my inlaws' best friends were killed because the perp thought they were Jewish. Someone came in Christmas Eve and stabbed their entire family to death, including the children. Horrific.

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&File_Id=3577
http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/rice-david-lewis.

I'm not trying to cause any issues by bringing up the racial/religious angle, but the perp may have targeted Leila for some reason - one that is unknown to anyone at the moment, unless he entered the home for a robbery but saw her and started attacking her.

My heart breaks for Leila's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member