GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 3 sibling are mentioned?

I was interested that the obit mentioned three parents... BF, CW, and another woman's name... I am thinking the third parent is Leila's bio mom?

Three..ETA... Should be SIX... siblings were mentioned...

and an additional three were mentioned referring to the last three as siblings that Leilaa had not met yet....

JMO

I see six mentioned (scrolling down a bit) and three she 'never met' (stillborn/ miscarriage perhaps?)

There is something about this case that is just. not. quite. right.

And I cannot put my finger on it. Curious...

I am thinking... Since there are reports of Leila having siblings living elsewhere...

That the other three siblings she has not met yet may live with Leila's bio mom?

Just thinking aloud here...

JMO

I am thinking... Since there are reports of Leila having siblings living elsewhere...

That the other three siblings she has not met yet may live with Leila's bio mom?

JMO

I think so too.

JMO

I think that's possible especially when you consider that the names of the three siblings "that she's never met" are so different from the names of the rest of Leila's siblings. Crystal also talked to CNN via FB and said Leila had three siblings that lived out of state..maybe she was referring to those three?

Does talking about the siblings count as sleuthing as the family? I'm not sure...

Meth lab?

I don't know. I am sitting comfortably 3,000 mi away. Nevertheless, I am ginger about what I write. Folks get hungry. Folks get even.

A sheriff log report from 4/28/13
http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/Portals/sheriff/Logs/Daily Logs/Daily_Log_04-29-2013.pdf
07:20 Vandalism 130429020
Occured at Bergsma Ln/Baldwin St, Valley Springs. Vandalism at a residence. Disposition: Report Taken.

This location is about .25M from Rippon Road. Despite that folks are holed up in their homes with firepower and hair triggers, a residence was vandalized within a fraction of a mile from Rippon Rd. Was this residence occupied? There are foreclosures in the area; possibly with uninvited inhabitants. Food and shelter are basic needs. A press release suggested that residents should not be overly afraid. Given the terrain, I don't see how LE can provide proactive security.

You may be aware that some, if not most, postings about the intrusion are said to have been removed from local social media sites. I know that posts dissappeared from the Sheriffs advisories. My understanding is that these removals were out of respect for the family and in the interest of squelching rumors. I have to say; the available press releases inspire wild speculation in their own right.

Does anyone have the link for the video that included a short interview with Leonard Padilla about this case. This same video included the interview with the motorist that gave a ride to the bloody hitchhiker. I think the video was from KRON but I can't find it. Please post the link if you have it. Thanks.

I don't know. I am sitting comfortably 3,000 mi away. Nevertheless, I am ginger about what I write. Folks get hungry. Folks get even.

http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/Portals/sheriff/Logs/Daily Logs/Daily_Log_04-29-2013.pdf
Occured at Bergsma Ln/Baldwin St, Valley Springs. Vandalism at a residence. Disposition: Report Taken.

This location is about .25M from Rippon Road. Despite that folks are holed up in their homes with firepower and hair triggers, a residence was vandalized within a fraction of a mile from Rippon Rd. Was this residence occupied? There are foreclosures in the area; possibly with uninvited inhabitants. Food and shelter are basic needs. A press release suggested that residents should not be overly afraid. Given the terrain, I don't see how LE can provide proactive security.

You may be aware that some, if not most, postings about the intrusion are said to have been removed from local social media sites. I know that posts dissappeared from the Sheriffs advisories. My understanding is that these removals were out of respect for the family and in the interest of squelching rumors. I have to say; the available press releases inspire wild speculation in their own right.

Does anyone have the link for the video that included a short interview with Leonard Padilla about this case. This same video included the interview with the motorist that gave a ride to the bloody hitchhiker. I think the video was from KRON but I can't find it. Please post the link if you have it. Thanks.

Wait, posts about the intrusion were removed where? And why out of respect? Which family?

Which makes me once again go back to the neighbor as a witness that ended up not giving a description. Maybe it's just my wild imagination going, too, but what if the person that killed Leila is one of the known meth heads in that area. Would you be afraid to get involved and possibly recant your story? Many would if someone they were close to especially told them to be afraid of who they were pointing to.

MOO

BBM, and just my opinion only, but don't meth heads look for money and not little girls? I suppose one could be totally out of his mind to do such a thing - but when I think of meth heads, I think of robbers and not killers. Even those on that horrible drug Krockodil (which is made similar to meth, but has a morphine effect). These folks are just looking for their next fix.

And if I were a witness to someone running out of a house where a young child was just killed, I'd certainly do all I could. Even if that meant moving or going into hiding. But I realize that we all make different choices.

MOO

Mel

Wait, posts about the intrusion were removed where? And why out of respect? Which family?

In an early PR, it was reported that the family requested that photos not authorized by the familty not be posted and than derogatory posts not be made.

There have been approximately 1000 posts to this forum. Early on, there was a poster on this forum identified to be from the Valley Springs area. If I recall correctly, she may have mentioned that comments were removed. You would have to look through the early posts. I received information independent of this forum that posts were removed from a local "for sale" site called frogtown or maybe frogtime. When I learned this, I checked for the persistence of posts that I had read to the sheriff's advisories. Indeed, posts except for condolences had been removed (were no longer displayed).

The only way for me to prove this would be to sleuth the cache of my own computers. Even then, I never viewed the posts that were said to be removed from frogtime. I suspect that someone in the Valley Springs area could comment further.

I remember that poster. I believe she/he heard during the press briefing (?) that the family had requested that no one use pictures not authorized by them and to not print negative things about them. I don't think she/he had a link, though. Anyway, I did a search for the post and I can't find it. Maybe it was deleted because it was coming close to sleuthing/criticizing the family? IDK...I don't really believe that some small-time police department is able to remove things from the Internet. Do a search for any "factor" of this case and there are pages and pages about it...It's almost impossible to get something completely removed from the Internet. So it makes me think that the only mention of this whole "authorized pictures, no negative comments" was on this forum, and not being reported all over the media.

BBM, and just my opinion only, but don't meth heads look for money and not little girls? I suppose one could be totally out of his mind to do such a thing - but when I think of meth heads, I think of robbers and not killers. Even those on that horrible drug Krockodil (which is made similar to meth, but has a morphine effect). These folks are just looking for their next fix.

And if I were a witness to someone running out of a house where a young child was just killed, I'd certainly do all I could. Even if that meant moving or going into hiding. But I realize that we all make different choices.

MOO

Mel

The worst thing about meth heads is PARANOIA, superhuman strength, and hypervigilance/ hyperawareness.

Again, there are plain ole users up there, but then there are cookers who produce/deal, and mostly do partake in their product. There are people who really don't have a stake- money or relationship-wise (because they are only users), and those who have a stake of some sort (monetary). Now combine dealers who have a stake with the fact that they tend to partake in their product. Said product causes extreme paranoia, super-strength, hyper-vigilence. It's a bad drug. Anything is up for grabs with this horrible poison.

Mel

And how does one find their next fix? Burglary perhaps; or as you mention, robbery. A horse's head comes to mind.

In an early PR, it was reported that the family requested that photos not authorized by the familty not be posted and than derogatory posts not be made.

There have been approximately 1000 posts to this forum. Early on, there was a poster on this forum identified to be from the Valley Springs area. If I recall correctly, she may have mentioned that comments were removed. You would have to look through the early posts. I received information independent of this forum that posts were removed from a local "for sale" site called frogtown or maybe frogtime. When I learned this, I checked for the persistence of posts that I had read to the sheriff's advisories. Indeed, posts except for condolences had been removed (were no longer displayed).

The only way for me to prove this would be to sleuth the cache of my own computers. Even then, I never viewed the posts that were said to be removed from frogtime. I suspect that someone in the Valley Springs area could comment further.

Very interesting, thank you. But what about the intruder report?

And how does one find their next fix? Burglary perhaps; or as you mention, robbery. A horse's head comes to mind.

Based on tv shows about drug use, it appears many addicts will do absolutely anything it takes to acquire their next fix. It's so sad and it's an epidemic in this country. JMO

People are still going to work and school. I haven't heard anything about people being "holed up in their homes with firepower and hair triggers". That sounds very sensational.

I am very confused about the bolded paragraph. What intrusion? And how are posts on social media being removed? They are just sending messages to ordinary people online, and telling them to remove posts from their FB, twitter, etc? And people are following that? And what does respect for the family have to do with it? Most of the comments on national news websites are screaming that the brother did it which I would think is way more disrespectful to the family than talking about some intrusion. I really doubt LE spends time searching the Internet for certain posts, and then tells people to remove them out of respect for the family....

People are still going to work and school. I haven't heard anything about people being "holed up in their homes with firepower and hair triggers". That sounds very sensational.

I am very confused about the bolded paragraph. What intrusion? And how are posts on social media being removed? They are just sending messages to ordinary people online, and telling them to remove posts from their FB, twitter, etc? And people are following that? And what does respect for the family have to do with it? Most of the comments on national news websites are screaming that the brother did it which I would think is way more disrespectful to the family than talking about some intrusion. I really doubt LE spends time searching the Internet for certain posts, and then tells people to remove them out of respect for the family....

From where I am I could get to Valley Springs in 20 minutes, give or take. No, people are not holed up in their homes with firepower. I haven't seen a rattlesnake since I was nine years old & there most definitely is not crazy toothless meth heads/drug dealers running all over the place. It's generally pretty safe & I know many, many, many wonderful people around here.

Last Wednesday I arrived home about 9:30PM to a man standing in my darkened driveway. Even with what's happened with Leila, I got out of my car & asked him if I could help him with something. Turns out he was an attorney looking for his client's home (which was next door to us) LOL. It's just not as bad around here as is being portrayed. Actually not even close :)

Sweet little Leila, I sure hope they find the killer soon :(

What intrusion? Lol like an actual home intrusion or an intrusion on one's family? I'm confused

MOO

Mel
BBM, Maybe he was looking for money or meth. We don't know what he went there looking for or what he assumed would be in that house... We only know he found Leila and for some reason, savagely murdered her.

IMO, since there was no sign of sexual assault according to the autopsy, I don't think Leila was targeted. I think she could identify whoever was in her house.

I'm wondering if it was a local teen, looking for drugs or money and panicked when Leila saw him. Maybe she knew him and that's why she didn't scream when she saw him. Maybe he muffled her screams so they couldn't be heard.
It was very likely someone that knew the family is usually gone on Saturdays.
Who does that in the middle of a non work day?

What a nightmare that poor family is living.

IMO, since there was no sign of sexual assault according to the autopsy, I don't think Leila was targeted.

I beg to differ, I have different opinion. Even if Leila was not sexually assault, that does not automatically conclusion she was Not targeted. Not every killer have the mind of sexually assault a little girl before killed her.

I don't follow crimes in USA closely, but I can tell you in Asia. Targeted victims are Not always sexual assault. There are murder cases in Asia where you get killed simply just because the killer have hatress against you or your family, and killed you for revenge out from anger.

I am not saying this is Leila's case. But I still feel that this is not a simple accidentally crime from a meth head.

I still agree what this former FBI profiler said, http://fox40.com/2013/04/29/former-fbi-profiler-offers-insight-into-leila-fowler-investigation/
While there is no concrete information about a suspect, Rayfield’s experience says the killing wasn’t random.
“It would be rare that it was a stranger that committed this crime and I would think maybe even more rare in a community like that, in the middle of the street in a rural environment like that where the houses are on one-or-two-acre lots. I would think it would be somebody who has some kind of connection with the home,” said Rayfield.

Maybe I overthink. But I still feel that this Leila's got killed was not a random crime, certainlly was not accidentally. I feel the killer know this family, if not a lot, little, killer must have some connection to this family somehow. Since this is an extended family, the chance of this is possible.
We just have to wait and see, wish LE caught the devil ASAP.
Over a week passed by already, and this devil still running around, scary.

I beg to differ, I have different opinion. Even if Leila was not sexually assault, that does not automatically conclusion she was Not targeted.

I don't follow crimes in USA closely, but I can tell you in Asia. Targeted victims are Not always sexual assault. There are murder cases in Asia where you get killed simply just because the killer have hatress against you or your family, and killed you for revenge out from anger.

I am not saying this is Leila's case. But I still feel that this is not a simple accidentally crime from a meth head.

I still agree what this former FBI profiler said, http://fox40.com/2013/04/29/former-fbi-profiler-offers-insight-into-leila-fowler-investigation/
While there is no concrete information about a suspect, Rayfield’s experience says the killing wasn’t random.
“It would be rare that it was a stranger that committed this crime and I would think maybe even more rare in a community like that, in the middle of the street in a rural environment like that where the houses are on one-or-two-acre lots. I would think it would be somebody who has some kind of connection with the home,” said Rayfield.

Maybe I overthink. But I still feel that this Leila's got killed was not a random crime, certainlly was not accidentally. I feel the killer know this family, if not a lot, little, killer must have some connection to this family somehow. Since this is an extended family, the chance of this is possible.
We just have to wait and see, wish LE caught the devil ASAP.
Over a week passed by already, and this devil still running around, scary.
BBM...I said the same thing, just in different words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader