GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologize to itsreenw, English is my third language. I must misunderstood you.

Just curious,
From all the news, all the people in the neighborhood where Leila's live said they Never in the past encounter something like this before. People in the neighborhood (included those who grow up in the area) always said the area not bad, safe, and there weren't any cases of robbery or murder like this occurred before. This city history have no big violents, and Leila's was the first case, and it scared them.

There is a first time in everything. But if goes by the words of the neighborhood residents. I have reason to believe that meth heads don't hang around this area, even if they do (it not a big number), and in the past they didn't robbery any house or harmed anyone.

So I still believe it is Not a meth head that do it. Just my opinion

christina heller ‏@CHeller_13 12m
2nite on the #CBS13 News @ 10- former #FBI profiler Candace DeLong @profilerdelong. Her thoughts on the #LeilaFowler murder investigation

Could you please provide a link to the Candace DeLong thoughts on the LeilaFowler murder investigation?

I tried to google it myself but could not find anything on the subject.

And PLEASE could you, in the future, add a link to the news quotes you post?

Thanks in advance.

OK I found it, go watch the video in the link there are very interesting comments by this former FBI profiler Candice DeLong.

The reason I couldn´t find it the first time was that Candace DeLong was spelled wrong in the original post by "The Cheese", the correct spelling is
Candice DeLong with an "i" isted of an "a"

Here is the link:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/05/05/retired-fbi-profiler-believes-killer-knew-leila-fowler/

I remember that poster. I believe she/he heard during the press briefing (?) that the family had requested that no one use pictures not authorized by them and to not print negative things about them. I don't think she/he had a link, though. Anyway, I did a search for the post and I can't find it. Maybe it was deleted because it was coming close to sleuthing/criticizing the family? IDK...I don't really believe that some small-time police department is able to remove things from the Internet. Do a search for any "factor" of this case and there are pages and pages about it...It's almost impossible to get something completely removed from the Internet. So it makes me think that the only mention of this whole "authorized pictures, no negative comments" was on this forum, and not being reported all over the media.

BBM

LE said it in one of the press conferences. I posted the video of it. It's the one where the family was there and was supposed to speak, but didn't. The discussion about it and the video of the press conference where LE says it is in my posts.

ETA. Here's the press conference video where LE says it at 5:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6M-lkd-vYo&feature=youtu.be&a

BBM, and just my opinion only, but don't meth heads look for money and not little girls? I suppose one could be totally out of his mind to do such a thing - but when I think of meth heads, I think of robbers and not killers. Even those on that horrible drug Krockodil (which is made similar to meth, but has a morphine effect). These folks are just looking for their next fix.

And if I were a witness to someone running out of a house where a young child was just killed, I'd certainly do all I could. Even if that meant moving or going into hiding. But I realize that we all make different choices.

MOO

Mel

Well, there's Tobias Summers and the little 10 year old girl in California for one. The little girl's name was removed from WS because of what he did to her, but you could search the forum for Tobias Summers. He went into her home in the middle of the night with her parents, older brother, and grandparents, and her all asleep in there, and abducted her. To give you an idea of how bad what he did to her was, he's being held on $19 million dollars bail. 37 charges.

Could you please provide a link to the Candace DeLong thoughts on the LeilaFowler murder investigation?

Thanks in advance.

OK I found it, go watch the video in the link there are very interesting comments by this former FBI profiler Candice DeLong.

The reason I couldn´t find it the first time was that Candace DeLong was spelled wrong in the original post by "QuestionMark", the correct spelling is

Here is the link:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/05/05/retired-fbi-profiler-believes-killer-knew-leila-fowler/

BBM

I post tweets from reporters and news stations. It's allowed here. We have to put the twitter name (@name) of the reporter or news station, but we don't have to link it.

It's the whole tweet that I post. If there's no link in it, it's because the reporter or news station didn't provide one. They frequently tweet an upcoming report that's not yet on the internet, or they tweet from out in the field, and haven't written a news article yet.

To find the twitter page of any reporter or news station posted (by myself or anyone else), just highlight the twitter name (the @name), right click it, and click 'search Google'. The link to the twitter page comes right up, usually the first link listed.

For an example, if you highlight and search google for @CHeller_13, the link to her twitter page is the first one that comes up. https://twitter.com/CHeller_13

If anyone has trouble finding the twitter page of any reporter or news station I post a tweet from, please let me know, and I'll give it to you. I always have Twitter search pages open for the cases I follow, and I'm happy to grab it for you.

BBM, and just my opinion only, but don't meth heads look for money and not little girls? I suppose one could be totally out of his mind to do such a thing - but when I think of meth heads, I think of robbers and not killers. Even those on that horrible drug Krockodil (which is made similar to meth, but has a morphine effect). These folks are just looking for their next fix.

And if I were a witness to someone running out of a house where a young child was just killed, I'd certainly do all I could. Even if that meant moving or going into hiding. But I realize that we all make different choices.

MOO

Mel

Agreed, unfortunately I 've known many in my time. The only reason , other than a meth head RSO, to do it would be if baby girl were walking down the street with a bundle of cash in her hand.

Agreed, unfortunately I 've known many in my time. The only reason , other than a meth head RSO, to do it would be if baby girl were walking down the street with a bundle of cash in her hand.

Tobias Summers was a SO but not a RSO.

Tobias Summers was a SO but not a RSO.

So true, but I've kinda got my own theory on him that's outside the norm. It does happen of course. Perverts are so plentiful now that every segment of society has them......... junkies, pastors, lawyers, teachers, bums and millionaires. So you can never discount it, but I think there may be folks who think a totally nice guy might take meth and it turn him INTO a pervert and I would disagree with such. Meth heads are driven by one thing. Now supposing a druggie went to his dealer and had no money and was desperate for a fix and his dealer said go kill this person for me.....then they probably would, not ALL, but a fair amount would do whatever they had to for that fix. That being said, I don't know about the amount of violence here. I would think in that scenario it would be the quickest and easiest way possible. But I'm just speculating.

Very interesting, thank you. But what about the intruder report?

I am not certain why you are asking this. There are alerts and advisories referencing an intruder. Perhaps you noticed that there does not appear to be an entry in the Sheriff's Log for an event on Rippon Road. I don't know what to make of that. Entries for 911 hang ups are riddled through out the log but I don't see a record of a call that fits the time frame. The log is a public record and I am puzzled that this has not been questioned at a PR. Nevertheless, if the log is in error, I doubt that it is more than clerical.

t’s a chilling thought for families living on-edge in Valley Springs. DeLong says the person capable of brutally taking an innocent girl’s life is probably someone who lives nearby.

“Did someone come from far across town, stop their car and randomly go into a house and kill that young girl? Probably not,” she said.

As sick as it sounds, DeLong believes the murder of Fowler may have been sexually motivated. She says there’s a 90-percent chance the killer is someone close to the little girl’s circle of friends, family members or even neighbors.

“(The killer) was either angry enough to want her dead or was trying to have sex with her. She resisted and she ended up dead,” said DeLong.

Thanks in advance.

The reason I couldn´t find it the first time was that Candace DeLong was spelled wrong in the original post by "QuestionMark", the correct spelling is

Here is the link:

I didn't talk about Candice

I am not certain why you are asking this. There are alerts and advisories referencing an intruder. Perhaps you noticed that there does not appear to be an entry in the Sheriff's Log for an event on Rippon Road. I don't know what to make of that. Entries for 911 hang ups are riddled through out the log but I don't see a record of a call that fits the time frame. The log is a public record and I am puzzled that this has not been questioned at a PR. Nevertheless, if the log is in error, I doubt that it is more than clerical.

I ran across the log yesterday and looked and looked for the call to the rippon rd address, nothing, nada, zilch. Like it never happened. How weird is that? Maybe they want us to forget about it.

I remember that poster. I believe she/he heard during the press briefing (?) that the family had requested that no one use pictures not authorized by them and to not print negative things about them. I don't think she/he had a link, though. Anyway, I did a search for the post and I can't find it. Maybe it was deleted because it was coming close to sleuthing/criticizing the family? IDK...I don't really believe that some small-time police department is able to remove things from the Internet. Do a search for any "factor" of this case and there are pages and pages about it...It's almost impossible to get something completely removed from the Internet. So it makes me think that the only mention of this whole "authorized pictures, no negative comments" was on this forum, and not being reported all over the media.

I don't have time to verify my memory at the moment. But I thought it was an early PR hosted by the original PR LEO that asked for restraint about postings and pictures on the behalf of a request from the family. The word used may have been "derogatory" instead of "negative."

I ran across the log yesterday and looked and looked for the call to the rippon rd address, nothing, nada, zilch. Like it never happened. How weird is that? Maybe they want us to forget about it.

Hmm same here.... Why would it be deleted? Even if it was a "mistake" wouldn't it still be logged?

he said "negative and derogatory" my guess is this was wrt suspecting the 12 y/o may be involved.

however I'm not sure i get why they would have an issue with unauthorized photos of Leila?

i cant imagine what they might be going through or how i would behave but id like to think my #1 priority would be catching the monster who killed my child.

imo i believe Leila was targeted by someone known to the family and that it was some sort of revenge for something.

People are still going to work and school. I haven't heard anything about people being "holed up in their homes with firepower and hair triggers". That sounds very sensational.

I am very confused about the bolded paragraph. What intrusion? And how are posts on social media being removed? They are just sending messages to ordinary people online, and telling them to remove posts from their FB, twitter, etc? And people are following that? And what does respect for the family have to do with it? Most of the comments on national news websites are screaming that the brother did it which I would think is way more disrespectful to the family than talking about some intrusion. I really doubt LE spends time searching the Internet for certain posts, and then tells people to remove them out of respect for the family....

Admittedly, my depiction was sensational. My apologies to the area. Nevertheless, I muted the depiction portrayed by MSM.

Is it not the case that an intruder commits an intrusion? I did not intend any meaning beyond that.

LE would be remiss to not search the Internet for information; e.g. Boston.

My comment was aimed at "local" social networking media. Someone from the area might comment with much more authority than me. My understanding is that there is not a daily newspaper specifically serving this area. People may rely on local social media postings for detailed information about local events. I suspect that posts were voluntarily removed, if they were removed, by the host or by users with editorial rights.

When I first learned that there was a concern about "derogatory" postings I searched the Internet to determine what may have inspired the request. Someone else, who posts on this forum, did the same. I could not find anything on the Internet that was obviously derogatory. There was an article from a Bismark news source that posted the wrong photo. A photo of a missing girl from the Midwest was posted and misidentified. Oddly, this person's appearance is similar to LF.

In the age of the Patriot Act, CISPA, and facilities to be built in Utah, clensing of the Internet may not be a far fetched possibility. Nevertheless, my bet is that local posts about this case, if they were removed, were done so voluntarily. This appears to be the case for the Sheriff's advisory comments.

I didn't talk about Candice

SO sorry QuestionMark, I made an error , I have now corrected it in my previous post, I meant to write "The Cheese" who was the one posting about former FBI profiler Candice DeLong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader