GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time with that article because it's so vague, and they are the only news station saying that. There's no quote from LE, or any "investigators stated today".

Focus of Leila Fowler's death turns to family

Investigators in Calaveras County are now questioning the family of an 8-year-old girl stabbed to death in her home.

The 12-year-old stepbrother of Leila Fowler told authorities he found his sister murdered and saw a stranger running away.

But now investigators have turned their focus on the family.

The sheriff's department is focusing on the witness account of the step-brother. He was the only person at home when she was killed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?se...986&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

There it is. I knew this was inevitable. Not about LE turning on the family, but about the media straying away from the intruder theory and starting to imply that things are not what they seem.

Update on http://thepinetree.net with a video. Haven't watched yet, but I thought I'd alert you guys to it.

The update items for today included that the canvassing has been completed and they are starting to results back from the evidence submitted to the crime lab. They could not go into details on what the results were but did confirm a result.

I'm having a hard time with that article because it's so vague, and they are the only news station saying that. There's no quote from LE, or any "investigators stated today".

Maybe ABC 7 has a source within the Valley Springs PD?
It looks like the article has only been up about 2 hours...If ABC 7 got the "exclusive" it might take awhile before the other outlets pick it up? I'll wait to see if anyone else has it in 24 hours.

I just listened to the press conference video. Nothing in there about it. They just said the same thing they've been saying - that they're still questioning the family as witnesses.

I just realized I didn't listen to the video with the news article. I only read the article. Going to watch the news video now.

For anyone who watched the video, did they say something about bringing in dogs? I can't make out much of the conversation. The background noise makes it a bit hard for me to hear. Thanks!

There was no "sources within the police department tell us".

Well, I guess there are three options:

1. They have a source within the PD, even if they don't claim to in the article.

2. They made up a completely fictitious article based on absolutely nothing.

3. We know that the family has been questioned by LE already, as witnesses. So they decide to spin this information to make it look like this a brand new development. The only thing new in the article is "But now investigators have turned their focus on the family." Let's face it...that headline probably got them a lot more "clicks" on their website than "Press Conference---Police reveal little" for the past few days has.

For anyone who watched the video, did they say something about bringing in dogs? I can't make out much of the conversation. The background noise makes it a bit hard for me to hear. Thanks!

I thought I heard that too... Anyone else?

1. They have a source with the PD, even if they don't claim to in the article.

3. We know that the family has been questioned by LE already, as witnesses. So they decide to spin this information to make it look like this a brand new development. The only thing new in the article is "But now investigators have turned their focus on the family." Let's face it...that headline probably got them a lot more "clicks" on their website than "Press Conference---Police reveal little" would.

I vote for option #3.

Nothing additional in the video with the news article. At the end they say they're waiting for today's press conference.

I'll keep watching Twitter to see if anything pops up from another news station, or anything more from this one saying where they got their info, or what they're basing it on.

ABC7 is a pretty large outlet... I hope they aren't posting something they are unsure of

Jmo

You know what? The tone of that article was very flat for something that would be as big a "breaking" news story as this. It sounds to me like a lot of supposition on their part.

Nothing additional in the video with the news article. At the end they say they're waiting for today's press conference.

I'll keep watching Twitter to see if anything pops up from another news station, or anything more from this one saying where they got their info, or what they're basing it on.

Me too!

I have not seen anything of that nature and I have just removed several posts, for such speculation.

I do not have a record of what was removed. It seems that you removed a factual post about a mother's knowledge of her son. She was not speculating about the family. She was speaking factually about her own family. Ironically, the poster's connection was that 12 year olds do not possess the knowledge base to wash clothes. A useful, appropriate, and relevant post IMO. The focus had been on the intruder and on the appropriate refrain/removal of derogatory posts that detracted from the credibility of MSM media suggesting that there may not have been an intruder. This was at the request of LE on the behalf of the family. Obviously your call.

Addendum. I drafted the above comment before knowing of the most recent "news." Moreso than ever, I defend the removed post that I referenced above. Unless LE has has significantly distorted information; speculation about the family continues to be of questionable merit. Was LF alive when the ambulance arrived? If so, it is highly unlikely that an amateur could thwart LE to this extent.

1. They have a source within the PD, even if they don't claim to in the article.

3. We know that the family has been questioned by LE already, as witnesses. So they decide to spin this information to make it look like this a brand new development. The only thing new in the article is "But now investigators have turned their focus on the family." Let's face it...that headline probably got them a lot more "clicks" on their website than "Press Conference---Police reveal little" for the past few days has.

Maybe the story was planted.

Focus of Leila Fowler's death turns to family

Investigators in Calaveras County are now questioning the family of an 8-year-old girl stabbed to death in her home.

The 12-year-old stepbrother of Leila Fowler told authorities he found his sister murdered and saw a stranger running away.

But now investigators have turned their focus on the family.

The sheriff's department is focusing on the witness account of the step-brother. He was the only person at home when she was killed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?se...986&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I really wish they would stop calling him the "step" brother....they have the same parents...see what I mean about simple fact checking....:maddening:

I thought I heard that too... Anyone else?

Just listened again. Right near the beginning, reporter asks if the grass was cut to make it easier for the dogs. LE says grass was cut to make it easier for the people.

I really wish they would stop calling him the "step" brother....they have the same parents...see what I mean about simple fact checking....:maddening:

Wait...the media articles started out calling him the brother...and then switched to stepbrother in the last couple of days. Where did you read that they have the same parents?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw that you have a personal connection to the biological mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member