GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this child is very, very ill. I feel bad for him - he didn't ask for whatever is wrong with him. I hope his father had him in intense therapy. I'm surprised he was going to public school. I'm surprised when this happened that his father didn't immediately put him in a psychiatric hospital.

I think it's very likely that IF suffered some severe traumas when he was younger, probably severe abuse of some kind - not necessarily abuse by a parent, but some kind of traumatic abuse.

I think he is still young enough that he may be able to be helped, with very intense psychiatric treatment.

I am heartbroken that Leila suffered what she did as a result of whatever was going on with IF. She should have been better protected from IF. IF should have been better protected from himself, and the turmoil inside him.

In the aftermath, IF needs intense psychiatric care. I hope he gets it. I hope the judge grants it. I hope it helps. Otherwise, God help those IF comes in contact with when he gets out.

All my opinion.

Investigators Look Into Past of Leila Fowler’s Brother

snipped

But on the same day he was charged with murder, Calaveras County homicide detectives confirm that they’re investigating reports of alleged animal mutilations at the hands of the boy.

snipped

http://fox40.com/2013/05/15/investigators-look-into-past-of-leila-fowlers-brother/#ixzz2TRuFO1LP

Oh this really does change the equation. I have said and others as well; if that trifecta (animal abuse, fire setting and late bed-wetting) is a factor, there is a good chance the kid is a budding sociopath. I was trying to be objective toward the kid but it is getting much harder with his flat, nonchalant demeanor, story that does not add up and this information. In addition the way the lawyer described him did not help his case in my opinion. I am surprised, if the dad's girlfriend knew this, she would support the boy as he is not her son or even stepson technically. Maybe she does not and is standing by the dad. If it were me and I knew about the animal abuse, I would not support him. But then again denial can be a powerful thing.

It stands out to me so much that not one family member, except for Priscilla, says that IF could not have done this because he is a sweet, well-rounded boy. Barney said that he wants to see evidence, but if he sees evidence, then okay, they are an honest family. It sounds to me like they think he is capable of doing what he did.

It stands out to me so much that not one family member, except for Priscilla, says that IF could not have done this because he is a sweet, well-rounded boy. Barney said that he wants to see evidence, but if he sees evidence, then okay, they are an honest family. It sounds to me like they think he is capable of doing what he did.

I agree. The description of them just being anguished is grief but maybe it is guilt as well because deep down they know he did this and do not know what to do and/or guilt for leaving him alone with her.

But CW told the 911 dispatcher that IF heard LF screaming. So I guess I'm confused; why the debate over whether or not she could have screamed? Either she didn't for some reason and IF lied about that, or she did, as stabbing is painful, and plenty of stabbing victims scream as they are attacked and fending off their attacker.

BTW, concerning the earlier post by someone who mentioned her dad couldn't scream when stabbed in the side--different stab wounds would cause different effects. When a wound is in the side and deep, it could puncture the lung--which would indeed take one's breath away and prohibit screaming. But we've not been told where L's stab wounds were. Though there were many, they may have been less deep (especially if delivered via the pocketknife IF had brought to school earlier). They may not have punctured a lung or taken away the ability to scream.

Yes, thanks! I did end up clearing up my statement. It certainly does depend on where she was stabbed. I was thinking under the assumption she was stabbed in the area you speak of. We don't know where she was stabbed, so it's hard to know what noises she could have made. Since she died so soon after, I personally think she was bleeding out too badly to scream right then. BUT, we just don't know the facts. All guesses on my part right now!

I think this child is very, very ill. I feel bad for him - he didn't ask for whatever is wrong with him. I hope his father had him in intense therapy. I'm surprised he was going to public school. I'm surprised when this happened that his father didn't immediately put him in a psychiatric hospital.

I think it's very likely that IF suffered some severe traumas when he was younger, probably severe abuse of some kind - not necessarily abuse by a parent, but some kind of traumatic abuse.

I think he is still young enough that he may be able to be helped, with very intense psychiatric treatment.

I am heartbroken that Leila suffered what she did as a result of whatever was going on with IF. She should have been better protected from IF. IF should have been better protected from himself, and the turmoil inside him.

In the aftermath, IF needs intense psychiatric care. I hope he gets it. I hope the judge grants it. I hope it helps. Otherwise, God help those IF comes in contact with when he gets out.

All my opinion.

Unless he is a sociopath or something similar. I have not personally read of too many highly regarded experts, that think they can be truly reformed. Either way, he gets out by 25, which seriously scares me.

Crystal is not related to IF, and has no say in what happens to him. IF's dad has custody, and it's all up to him.

IF's dad's insurance won't pay for the type of long-term residential psychiatric treatment in a special facility that this kid needs. Dad needs to honestly and openly tell the judge IF's whole history, and beg the judge to grant IF the help he needs, to protect society, for both society's sake, and his son's sake.

Without custody, I don't know how much say IF's mom will have, but I think surely if she writes out IF's whole history, openly and honestly, and begs the judge to grant IF the help he needs, the judge will read it and consider it.

IF's dad can be a strong voice for Leila, and for his sick child. I think he better get a different attorney for his son, though. I'm not sure his current attorney understands this child's illness, since yesterday he was trying to send him back home.

My opinion.

I know I have not read every post but I feel like I have missed something. Has IF been diagnosed or has some medical info been released to his mental state? I'm still on first cup of jo.

I know I have not read every post but I feel like I have missed something. Has IF been diagnosed or has some medical info been released to his mental state? I'm still on first cup of jo.

I haven't seen any diagnosis or medical info released.

Investigators Look Into Past of Leila Fowler’s Brother

snipped

But on the same day he was charged with murder, Calaveras County homicide detectives confirm that they’re investigating reports of alleged animal mutilations at the hands of the boy.

snipped

http://fox40.com/2013/05/15/investigators-look-into-past-of-leila-fowlers-brother/#ixzz2TRuFO1LP

I read that as a comment on the Sac. Newspaper last night. I was hoping it wasn't true. I fer we will hear much more. Imo

http://www.kcra.com/news/leilas-nei...20071972/-/l17ewnz/-/index.html#ixzz2SqPpCCx1

I want kcra to go back and interview the neighbor Don again. He was interviewed before IF was arrested, he said that the 12 year old was the babysitter to the younger one. He has a wolf's eye view to the front yard of the fowler's. jmo

Here's another one with him in it. He said he never saw the kids fighting. So IF was the one who watched the kids all the time, according to what Don had seen. I'd say he was a neighbor who watched things around the neighborhood, probably has alot more to say.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-leila-fowler-murder-charges-20130514,0,7234257.story

That is a really good way of explaining this. It is a disease and it is not their fault. It should also be noted although the statistics of true sociopaths or those the meet all the criteria are low not all of them become killers. It is true some become scam artists and grifters but some learn to control their tendencies. I am not sure if actually killing someone makes them at risk to kill others for the rest of their life but I would think probably so. I agree the dad needs to tell them his history and try to get the boy help. It may not be successful but at least he tried. The boy could just be really angry too. There were some pictures from the vigil where he looked guilty. Either way he is young enough to be put in intensive rehabilitation.
I forgot to add I read somewhere that they hire sociopathic types to be CEO's of large corporations. These CEO's hire someone to read emotion from employees because they cannot.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

People with ASPD can't be diagnosed until 18 anyway .. he may fit the criteria by then, although he's pretty much hitting the ball out of the park on something. Who knows what it is, could be a number of things .. frightening.

If he has been mutilating animals it means he's been fantasising about murder for awhile, so we can pretty much rule out an argument that got out of control .. this has been coming for awhile, Leila was just 'conveniently there'. I'm not convinced this should be Murder 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak