Found Deceased CA - Lisa Harvey, 51, Tulare, 29 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I mean they may see a lot of people. If I saw someone with that description at a gas station i probably wouldn't remember.

Added: it sounds like he did remember talking to a woman matching her description but it may not have been the missing woman just another similar looking woman

But the night shift probably doesn't see that many customers, so imo should remember if he saw her or not. Plus how many women came in that night asking for directions to a lake???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were updated that her phone pinged up near Tipton when she made the 11:50 pm call.

if she was no where near Palmdale, how did her phone also ping in Palmdale at that same time?

It didn't. From reading family comments, the first police department was the one who said the phone pinged in Palmdale. When they finally were able to get Ventura PD to take over, they reviewed the records again and determined the information was incorrect, her phone pinged in Tulare, not Palmdale. The person who talked to Lisa that night originally stated that she said TULARE but when the first PD said Palmdale, the family assumed maybe the person heard wrong. It ends up the ping DOES match with what the person heard, Tulare.

How do they mix up Tulare with Palmdale? How does that happen? Reading the coordinates wrong? And then how does a gas station attendant just happen to remember a person similar in appearance asking for directions to a lake that same night?

And a family member or VI said the ping was just south of Tulare, closer to Tipton. BUT Lisa said she was in Tulare so she probably was.

It's a huge coincidence to me that another person was also asking for directions but from what I read, it seems they/the family really do believe it is just that. They stated attendant seemed to be genuine in what he said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-missing-california-woman-lisa-harvey-n763056

(SMB/BBM)

"Clarissa said that her mother had been having a rough time recently. The anniversary of Lisa's father's death was approaching, and a few other things had been bothering her lately. "I understood why she wanted to head up to the lake that weekend and get away for a few days," Clarissa said. "She'd been up there a lot in the past.""

When reading this, it sticks out that this MIGHT be the reason police didn't take it seriously??? JMO

(SBM)
"A story a clerk at an ARCO gas station in Palmdale later told investigators and Lisa's family that he thought Lisa stopped there to get gas that day, and had asked for directions. The clerk told investigators that he misunderstood where Lisa said she wanted to go, and gave her directions to a different lake. According to investigators, it is unclear if the woman the clerk spoke with, seen on security, was Lisa."

I thought I had read Lisa wasn't seen on the camera at all but in reading this, it sounds like SOMEONE/A LADY was seen on camera, they just can't confirm it was Lisa. So I can see the clerk possibly being true in what he said, he THOUGHT it was Lisa but it wasn't, it was someone else truly asking for directions to Lake Elizabeth (and not Lake Isabella).

The biggest red flag to me is still the 12:30AM FB call where there wasn't any talking. It still really makes me think she was in a wreck and tried to call for help but couldn't. If we didn't have that call, I would seriously questions gas station clerk and if he had something to do with her and he wasn't being truthful.

I am friends with one of the family members and see more posted on their personal FB page than the Help Find Lisa Gail Harvey one. I stay within WS guidelines though and cannot discuss what I see, which honestly isn't much more than what they say on the public page. I can say that I don't "feel" like the family is being anything but truthful. I have seen them answer many questions that have been asked and their answers are the same over and over. I don't get the feeling Lisa just ran off, of course, I don't live there, I don't know their personal lives so there is always a "maybe". What I have seen is this family put in a lot of time searching on their own, more than I've seen sometimes in other missing person cases.

I really feel for them that the police have juggled this back and forth. I get police being leary on thinking adults ran away on their own but that they got the ping incorrect just floors me. So much time spent searching in the wrong place. If they could just get the FB records of the 12:30AM call, I really think they could locate her :( I can say that I've seen them answer if there is any activity on anything and there isn't. They were able to log into FB and banking accounts and there has been nothing, nadda.

But the night shift probably doesn't see that many customers, so imo should remember if he saw her or not. Plus how many women came in that night asking for directions to a lake???

Correct me if I'm miss reading things but he did remember her, no? He remembers their conversation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

It's a huge coincidence to me that another person was also asking for directions but from what I read, it seems they/the family really do believe it is just that. They stated attendant seemed to be genuine in what he said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-missing-california-woman-lisa-harvey-n763056

(SMB/BBM)

"Clarissa said that her mother had been having a rough time recently. The anniversary of Lisa's father's death was approaching, and a few other things had been bothering her lately. "I understood why she wanted to head up to the lake that weekend and get away for a few days," Clarissa said. "She'd been up there a lot in the past.""

When reading this, it sticks out that this MIGHT be the reason police didn't take it seriously??? JMO

(SBM)
"A story a clerk at an ARCO gas station in Palmdale later told investigators and Lisa's family that he thought Lisa stopped there to get gas that day, and had asked for directions. The clerk told investigators that he misunderstood where Lisa said she wanted to go, and gave her directions to a different lake. According to investigators, it is unclear if the woman the clerk spoke with, seen on security, was Lisa."

I thought I had read Lisa wasn't seen on the camera at all but in reading this, it sounds like SOMEONE/A LADY was seen on camera, they just can't confirm it was Lisa. So I can see the clerk possibly being true in what he said, he THOUGHT it was Lisa but it wasn't, it was someone else truly asking for directions to Lake Elizabeth (and not Lake Isabella).

The biggest red flag to me is still the 12:30AM FB call where there wasn't any talking. It still really makes me think she was in a wreck and tried to call for help but couldn't. If we didn't have that call, I would seriously questions gas station clerk and if he had something to do with her and he wasn't being truthful.

I am friends with one of the family members and see more posted on their personal FB page than the Help Find Lisa Gail Harvey one. I stay within WS guidelines though and cannot discuss what I see, which honestly isn't much more than what they say on the public page. I can say that I don't "feel" like the family is being anything but truthful. I have seen them answer many questions that have been asked and their answers are the same over and over. I don't get the feeling Lisa just ran off, of course, I don't live there, I don't know their personal lives so there is always a "maybe". What I have seen is this family put in a lot of time searching on their own, more than I've seen sometimes in other missing person cases.

I really feel for them that the police have juggled this back and forth. I get police being leary on thinking adults ran away on their own but that they got the ping incorrect just floors me. So much time spent searching in the wrong place. If they could just get the FB records of the 12:30AM call, I really think they could locate her :( I can say that I've seen them answer if there is any activity on anything and there isn't. They were able to log into FB and banking accounts and there has been nothing, nadda.
Even if she was unhappy, even if she was getting away for a few days, she became lost and called for help/directions, yet did not make it to her intended destination. She then managed to make a 12:30 am call that was mysterious and unintelligible. Obviously something was wrong. She probably had a car accident and she may have even survived it for a time. I'm really sad that help didn't make it to her. It's been over 3 weeks now, so I am not feeling confident that she is still alive. Is there an effort to access her FB pinging records?

If she left Tulare at 11:50 pm, how far could she have gone in any direction by 12:30 am?

Even if she was unhappy, even if she was getting away for a few days, she became lost and called for help/directions, yet did not make it to her intended destination. She then managed to make a 12:30 am call that was mysterious and unintelligible. Obviously something was wrong. She probably had a car accident and she may have even survived it for a time. I'm really sad that help didn't make it to her. It's been over 3 weeks now, so I am not feeling confident that she is still alive. Is there an effort to access her FB pinging records?

If she left Tulare at 11:50 pm, how far could she have gone in any direction by 12:30 am?

A previous story stated they do have a request in to FB (or google??) for the records. I read on a comment it would be 10 days before they have that information back (and I think that was yesterday or the day before I read it). So it's still awhile out :(

Correct me if I'm miss reading things but he did remember her, no? He remembers their conversation

Sent from my SAMSUNG

(SBM/BBM)

The news story correlates with the family comments I have read. He THOUGHT he saw her but she wasn't seen on camera so they couldn't confirm that. But then this news story says someone was on camera talking with him, they just couldn't confirm it was Lisa. Since her cell phone ping determines her to be in Tulare, JMO but I think the family feels he did speak with someone and it's a huge coincidence that another person was also asking for directions.

He originally said that he was giving directions to Lake Elizabeth but when the family kept questioning him, he was like oh no, she was asking about Lake Isabella and I gave her directions to Lake Elizabeth. MY gut feeling is someone DID ask about Lake Elizabeth and he did indeed give that person the right directions. But when someone came in questioning about a missing person, he had an "oh no" moment and thought he DID give Lisa the wrong directions (and didn't realize it was a totally different person).

I would think that night shift in that area would see a lot.

Is it possible that she has been 5150'd by law enforcement or has checked herself in somewhere? That could explain the behavior of law enforcement, possibly. Medical information is supposed to be kept private if the person chooses not to disclose it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

LE needs to poly this person, and grab a bucal swab at the same time. Opinion and speculation only.

LE needs to poly this person, and grab a bucal swab at the same time. Opinion and speculation only.

Asking honestly (not being snarky at all), do you feel this person MIGHT/COULD HAVE had something to do with her disappearance?

I only ask because when I hear it, it's not a place she usually frequents (at least it doesn't seem that way) and it's a public place so I don't see how he could do anything while he was working. Especially since she wasn't seen on camera.

I see it as a lot of people cycle through there and I can see him honestly thinking it was her but it wasn't. I would love to hear your point of view.

Asking honestly (not being snarky at all), do you feel this person MIGHT/COULD HAVE had something to do with her disappearance?

I only ask because when I hear it, it's not a place she usually frequents (at least it doesn't seem that way) and it's a public place so I don't see how he could do anything while he was working. Especially since she wasn't seen on camera.

I see it as a lot of people cycle through there and I can see him honestly thinking it was her but it wasn't. I would love to hear your point of view.

I think he should be questioned again, vigorously. Perhaps he has information he hasn't shared, is covering for someone, who knows. He is the last person known to have talked to her, and that in itself shines a light on him. I'd just want to dig in deeper there. Just opinion and speculation. So to answer your question directly, *yes*, I don't have enough information (yet) to dismiss him as benign.

I would think that night shift in that area would see a lot.

I love whenever I see your posts cvaldez! I always agree, people don't seem to understand how things really are here in this area of California.. I can almost guarantee they see a lot more people than everyone seems to think.. it's warm out already at night and with school ending among many other things even in little towns here they get a fair amount of traffic at night...

I think he should be questioned again, vigorously. Perhaps he has information he hasn't shared, is covering for someone, who knows. He is the last person known to have talked to her, and that in itself shines a light on him. I'd just want to dig in deeper there. Just opinion and speculation. So to answer your question directly, *yes*, I don't have enough information (yet) to dismiss him as benign.
There is the small complication that her phone shows a ping 2 hours north of Palmdale at the same exact time. It seems unlikely the person he gave directions to was our Lisa.

There is the small complication that her phone shows a ping 2 hours north of Palmdale at the same exact time. It seems unlikely the person he gave directions to was our Lisa.

Cell pings can be misleading. Towers use load balancing and will send a ping to the next avail tower if one is getting overloaded. So, not a perfect science I'd have to see the tower maps to see if it should be within a certain range.

Do I have this right, that Lisa's last known location was in Tulare, this due to what she told her cousin and due to her phone ping ? If so, is it known which gas station she stopped at and asked for directions ? Sorry for the questions, just got caught up. TIA

Hoping they find this dear lady.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back