Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!!!
Here's the charging documents that were linked in the article:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2186458-adrian-gonzalez-complaint-7-29-15.html?sidebar=false

The article itself is mostly a recap of Madyson's disappearance, the DA's comments from earlier and info on AJG's SM which are gone now.

A few excerpts:

Santa Cruz County District Attorney Jeff Rosell said the severity of the case, in which Maddy, according to the charging document was tied up, beaten, strangled, raped, killed and dumped in a garage recycling bin, merited a charge in superior court rather than juvenile court.
The social media trail left by Gonzalez came into sharper view Wednesday, as Instagram users found Gonzalez with the handle @AwkwardYoYer.

Among the portraits of him outside the Tannery and showing off Yo-Yo tricks in an apartment, a post from Sunday, the day Maddy was killed, shows a close-up, black-and-white photo of hands playing a piano.

The caption says, “The Dreams in which I’m Dying are the Best I’ve ever had.”

Another photo from one week ago shows a drive past the lighthouse in Pescadero, in San Mateo County.

“You are Paradise, and I need A Vacation,” the captions states.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...en-charged-as-adult-in-homicide-of-8-year-old

Hope this helps a little. :)

It isn't about immigration to me either I just simply thought he was Hispanic and was surprised he was Filipino. Not because of the crime at all.... Santa Cruz has a high Hispanic population.
Discussion of nationalities gives me an insight into the possible family situation he was in. It's not about immigration issues for me at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

There was also a photo of him standing on the edge of a bridge and alluded to suicide in the caption. Though the fact that someone else probably took the picture leads me to believe he was just messing around with a friend.

I guess I don't read too deeply into the things I saw on his Instagram account because it reminds me of things I would have posted as a teenager trying to sound "deep." So many random song lyrics and stuff like that.

I wonder if he did have a much darker side though. Darker than some song lyrics. I mean...he must have.

High level of depravity AND most probably planned.

Another Philip Chism. There is evil in the world, and sometimes it's unexplainable.

His Instagram account has been pulled. His last post was on Sunday but I don't know the time. It was a close up of his hands playing the piano. It was the song "Mad World." The caption was the lyric - "The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had." He had a lot of random videos. One of just of the ceiling fan. Kind of pointless stuff like that. A lot of his captions were song lyrics. To me, it seemed like regular lonely teenager type stuff. Nothing really screamed "murderer" to me, by any means. Which really makes it all the more creepy, I think.

My niece regularly freaks us out with Facebook posts that come across super ominous. I've learned to google first because they usually end up being song lyrics, which is slightly less disturbing than if she'd composed it herself. Just slightly.

On his IG I got several ss. One is of a broken lollipop on the street... The quote says, "insert tumblr qoute about how candy is like love, at first glance you're sweet, but in the long run you will ruin me."
It was from 11 weeks ago.

I don't know if I am allowed to post picture...
It does hint at his thoughts prior to the crime. IMO

First thing I thought was his mother would probably be thinking of moving out of that place now, being so ashamed of what her son had done. It's such a sorry mess isn't it? He must have hidden his feelings from her for a long long time because he knew they were not socially acceptable. Perhaps he had always been a psychopath. With a mum like that, he learnt from a young age what "normal" is like in human relationships, and so he acted the part all the while. He was depressed... Maybe he felt like a social misfit for a long long time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the moving part, too, for both sides, but I think it will be difficult. That was affordable housing, and presently (and probably at all times) with a waitlist. A 1-bedroom apt in Santa Cruz is about $1800 and a 2-bedroom maybe $2300. At the Tannery a 1-bd looks like it goes from around $500-$900, and a 2-bd from $600-$1100.

Just my .02 here, as usual.
This horrific murder reminds me of what happened to Genise Wright. :(

Fwiw.... I do not think the perps in either case should ever go free. The sad part about this is that in the years to come, the memory of this will fade (although it never will for the victim's families) ; and some misguided lawyer will say " ...it's been ___years. ____ is rehabilitated now and ready to join society...." Bull s__t.
There are crime of such magnitude that the perpetrator needs to be kept from society until the rest of their lives.
The only way I want to see the murderer of Genise and Madyson's killer leave prison is in a pine box.
As far as I'm concerned, they both forfeited their rights to live a normal life and have no further use to anyone.

We know that neither will receive the death penalty -- although they both are deserving of it. Apologies to those who feel this is extremely harsh.
Just sick of my tax dollars going to clothe, feed , medical care, etc. for a person who has savagely taken an innocent life. Sick of this !
I want the punishment for such crimes to be such that a potential murderer might pause and think..."do I really want (the electric chair, firing squad, whatever,) to die for this if I'm caught ?"
My opinion.
My condolences to Madysons' loved ones.

Rest gently and fly with the angels , sweet little Madyson !

Dang it has gotten that high? Well I shouldn't be surprised I live in San Jose :/
I was thinking about the moving part, too, for both sides, but I think it will be difficult. That was affordable housing, and presently (and probably at all times) with a waitlist. A 1-bedroom apt in Santa Cruz is about $1800 and a 2-bedroom maybe $2300. There a 1-bd looks like it goes from around $500-$900, and a 2-bd from $600-$1100.

There was also a photo of him standing on the edge of a bridge and alluded to suicide in the caption. Though the fact that someone else probably took the picture leads me to believe he was just messing around with a friend.

I guess I don't read too deeply into the things I saw on his Instagram account because it reminds me of things I would have posted as a teenager trying to sound "deep." So many random song lyrics and stuff like that.

I wonder if he did have a much darker side though. Darker than some song lyrics. I mean...he must have.

I used to keep a very close eye on my kids SM when they were teens. And I would look at their good friends accounts too. If I didnt know better I would have thought they were ALL suicidal, homicidal, brazen, etc etc. The way they all post shocking song lyrics, and film dialogue is so confusing. I was very angry and upset at my 14 yr old daughter once because of something she posted, and I showed it to her older brother, who laughed and said it was lyrics from a rap song. :facepalm:

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's nothin' left"

she was upset about a boy, but not suicidal

Except that carrying out a death sentence costs about 3 times as much as incarcerating an inmate for life.
The tax dollars argument is moot when it comes to death penalty.
Just my .02 here, as usual.
This horrific murder reminds me of what happened to Genise Wright. :(

Fwiw.... I do not think the perps in either case should ever go free. The sad part about this is that in the years to come, the memory of this will fade (although it never will for the victim's families) ; and some misguided lawyer will say " ...it's been ___years. ____ is rehabilitated now and ready to join society...." Bull s__t.
There are crime of such magnitude that the perpetrator needs to be kept from society until the rest of their lives.
The only way I want to see the murderer of Genise and Madyson's killer leave prison is in a pine box.
As far as I'm concerned, they both forfeited their rights to live a normal life and have no further use to anyone.

We know that neither will receive the death penalty -- although they both are deserving of it. Apologies to those who feel this is extremely harsh.
Just sick of my tax dollars going to clothe, feed , medical care, etc. for a person who has savagely taken an innocent life. Sick of this !
I want the punishment for such crimes to be such that a potential murderer might pause and think..."do I really want (the electric chair, firing squad, whatever,) to die for this if I'm caught ?"
My opinion.
My condolences to Madysons' loved ones.

Rest gently and fly with the angels , sweet little Madyson !

On his IG I got several ss. One is of a broken lollipop on the street... The quote says, "insert tumblr qoute about how candy is like love, at first glance you're sweet, but in the long run you will ruin me."
It was from 11 weeks ago.

I don't know if I am allowed to post picture...
It does hint at his thoughts prior to the crime. IMO

I don't want him to be funny and I don't want him to be clever. I guess that's part of the big picture though. He was so normal and got along well with everyone even though he was terrible and dead inside.

Boy. I should have checked be thread first! I've been in court all Morning. I wrote the post before the hearing but didn't finish and then had to go. I retrieved it with auto save and lo and behold, he's been tried as an adult.

Now I will try to catch up!

Gitana, I also do not know if this would be a sentencing factor, but (and I don't have a link) something about Volmer's statement regarding the suspect kind of hanging around, playing with his yo-yo, asking for updates, paints a picture of a person without remorse.

I could be reading a lot into that description, but it is the impression I am left with and if it is not usually a factor in sentencing, it should be, IMO. Just plain spooky.

I don't want him to be funny and I don't want him to be clever. I guess that's part of the big picture though. He was so normal and got along well with everyone even though he was terrible and dead inside.

The photos of him as a little fella kind of squeezed at my heart, not gonna lie. I just felt real sorrow for all the waste and heartache. And what might have been.

I know this is sick guys, but after reading his IG last night he was definitely depressed, even suicidal from reading all his posts (Yes, I read each one and watched every video...wish I would've screenshot them!)

If he was really suicidal, as claimed on IG, perhaps he didn't want to die a virgin? I know, I know. :deepbreaths:

Also, if this isn't a public service announcement to track your kids social media, I don't know what is.

Die a virgin? Rape is not about sex. It's power, control, fear.

I used to keep a very close eye on my kids SM when they were teens. And I would look at their good friends accounts too. If I didnt know better I would have thought they were ALL suicidal, homicidal, brazen, etc etc. The way they all post shocking song lyrics, and film dialogue is so confusing. I was very angry and upset at my 14 yr old daughter once because of something she posted, and I showed it to her older brother, who laughed and said it was lyrics from a rap song. :facepalm:

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's nothin' left"

she was upset about a boy, but not suicidal

Teenagers can all get melodramatic. Everything is life or death. :rolleyes:

Sixty years later every teenage boy still thinks Catcher In The Rye was written about him.

The DA announced he is charging him as an adult.

What strikes me is he did it so fast... Less than an hour!!!!

I was thinking the same thing, in less then an hour he'd hid her in the recycling bin? Tells me that he's been planning this... there was no remorse "what have I done" or "oh no.. what should I do", he raped, killed her, disposed of her... then went about trying to appear nonchalant and innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy