Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A wolf in sheep's clothing. Just what I figured. Too many people trusted him which made it easy for him to lure Maddy. It's a sad society when you cannot trust anyone any more it seems. My children are adults now but when they were growing up I always told them never trust anyone with the exception of their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Even nowadays when certain things happens in their lives I point it out and still say that to them. Sad but true. MOO.

I told them never trust anyone ESPECIALLY friends, uncles, grandparents, neighbors, etc. It seems the people you know and SHOULD be able to trust, are the ones that end up responsible for 90% of the things that happen to children. I never wanted them to think "well he's my uncle, mom said I could trust him" I tried not to make them jaded or paranoid, just wanted them to be AWARE.

I'm beginning to think that the killer may have been thinking of doing this for quite some time. i don't think he walked by, saw Maddy, and just decided to rape and strangle her.

Although I do believe that it was a crime of opportunity, Maddy just happened to be in alone and available, he wanted to do it, I'm not sure that he was grooming her.

Also, some comments that he wanted to see what the reaction was I found interesting. I'm not sure he was talking specifically about the reactions of others but I think that was part of it. I think he wanted to gauge his own reaction. I think if he found the experience exhilarating and exciting (including the police search and perhaps getting away with it), I suspect he would have done it again.

I have a friend who has a son who has been diagnosed with a mild form of autism. He does things on purpose strictly to see what kind of a response he elicits. He has started fires, said highly inappropriate things and when asked why he always says that he wanted to see the reaction and what would happen.

JMO

I told them never trust anyone ESPECIALLY friends, uncles, grandparents, neighbors, etc. It seems the people you know and SHOULD be able to trust, are the ones that end up responsible for 90% of the things that happen to children. I never wanted them to think "well he's my uncle, mom said I could trust him" I tried not to make them jaded or paranoid, just wanted them to be AWARE.

Agree. The statistics on this are pretty clear. Just like women are more likely to die at the hands of their partner/husband, children are most likely to be abused or murdered by their family.
I know the child safety classes at my daughter's school are not about 'stranger danger' (though information relevant to attacks by unknown people are covered) - they're about how NOBODY should make them feel unsafe or hurt them. I much prefer that - it's evidence based.

What I tell my kids, and do they get it. I don't know. I hope so. But I told them I don't care who it is, if it's grandma or so and so's dad, I went down a huge list of people. That if someone says come with me, I played out different story lines, that they first must ask me. No matter what. It's good to get it started early and keep the pattern. I think the best thing a parent can do is just go over examples and continue reminding them. At our old house my kids were about 7 and 4.. We had two other kids over 7 and 9. Plus my dog. I was at the side door grabbing something and I didn't hear the car pull up. My kids ran for the door, my son grabbing my daughter. The other two went right up to the car.... A stranger. Again something to teach the kids, doesn't matter who comes into the driveway they must come up and get me.

I find it really hard to believe this kid showed no warning signs ever and then lures a "friend" into his parents apartment to goes great lengths to hide her body ,and by the sounds of it follows the police as they search. It is just so scary to me that a 15 year old can do something so heartless without ever having shown that they might even be capable of this.

I guess the delay in finding her body could have to do with collecting and watching however many camera's footage they had there and the ones where the dog tracked her scent. They are watching hours and hours of footage each tape has to be watched so first the parking lots, then the streets etc.. They had a scent to send them on a different line of camera's . I can understand how it would take 24 hours to find the footage while conducting a full scale search.

I was really hoping that the things that happened to Madyson had not happened to her.

I think with all the cases we follow here on WS, our first thought when someone is missing is "check the dumpster".

It does surprise me that there is a video of him placing the body in the dumpster five minutes before her mother called the police. Why during the almost 24 hour search didn't an officer check that video a lot sooner than it was checked? Well for that matter, check all videos on site?

Uhm what?😨😱😲

There's video of him placing her in the dumpster? Link to that story please?

Posted at the end of the last thread:

" Police revealed few details about the girl’s death. However, the source close to the investigation told The Chronicle that surveillance video showed the teenager placing Madyson’s body into the bin only five minutes before her mother, Laura Jordan, called police at 6:08 p.m. Sunday. The video then shows the suspect returning to the bin twice in the hour after officers arrived, the source said."

http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Slaying-of-8-year-old-girl-shatters-Santa-6409830.php

I'm beginning to think that the killer may have been thinking of doing this for quite some time. i don't think he walked by, saw Maddy, and just decided to rape and strangle her.

Although I do believe that it was a crime of opportunity, Maddy just happened to be in alone and available, he wanted to do it, I'm not sure that he was grooming her.

<snip>

He at least gave it enough thought that he had a plan as to how he was going to lure her, apparently.

Whether he came up with that on the fly when he saw her or had been planning it earlier isn't clear from this:
Police revealed few details about the girl&#8217;s death. However, the source close to the investigation told The Chronicle that the suspect lured Madyson to his apartment with promises of a treat and that as she was enjoying it, he grabbed her from behind.

http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Slaying-of-8-year-old-girl-shatters-Santa-6409830.php

This case is so heartbreaking. My girls are 9 and 13 so I continually remind them of dangers they may face and how to be smart. On several occasions I have not allowed my oldest to spend the night at a friends house because of older brothers. Maybe I'm over protective but unfortunately I know from personal experience that opportunities can arise where a child can be taken advantage of. It even happens when the other parent is paying attention.

We also talk about other dangers and the girls are aware of what I read about here. Not the details of course but I use it to highlight the dangers. I find the best time to talk to my teen is in the car as it is a 30 min drive to town. &#55357;&#56846;. I can only hope that I have given them a balance of knowledge and freedom that keeps them safe.

Back to Madyson...

I can see how a cursory check of the dumpster was done. If they had found her scooter near the buildings they probably would have looked more intently. Sadly regardless of when they searched it wouldn't have changed the outcome and may not have allowed them to zone in on the suspect.

I think a garbage bag would have looked suspicious in a recycling bin. We are not allowed to put them in our bins if they have anything else inside them.

Urgh hate writing this. But if he double bagged her, put her right in the bottom of the dumpster and piled the recycling garbage over her, so she was right in the bottom under everything then I can see how she could be missed on the first search. Someone might just come over to the dumpster, maybe move the first couple of layers of rubbish, thought "no, this is just recycling stuff" and hasn't disturbed the majority of rubbish on her so she's remained hidden.

Then when the police is searching more thoroughly later he emptied out ALL of the recycling rubbish and it's only then she's been found? I can see that happened.

I apologize for my remarks last thread about 'raging hormones' How insensitive and ridiculous that was to say. I don't even know why I thought that-the very notion goes against my grain of how I was raised and taught. I grew up with 5 brothers and NEVER would our mother or father EVER have allowed any excuse to 'blame' nature versus morality for any untoward behavior. I wish I could take it back.

Praying for Maddy's family.

I had a feeling that they arrested him so fast, bc he had been caught on surveillance...

This is just sickening!

Patiently waiting for charges to be filed...

We don't know what the charges are yet? I saw the R word on the last thread so I assumed the charges had come out. Hopefully that one detail is not part of it. :(

He at least gave it enough thought that he had a plan as to how he was going to lure her, apparently.

Whether he came up with that on the fly when he saw her or had been planning it earlier isn't clear from this:

There are two things I keep thinking - to really plan this he would have had to known she was going to be outside at the same time he would be alone in the apartment. Maybe he'd only loosely planned it and when those two things happened at once he was ready.

So disturbing. This is clearly a sick individual with no regard for human life. To be able to throw away an innocent child like that just to "see a reaction"? How horrifying. I'm praying for everyone involved

So disturbing. This is clearly a sick individual with no regard for human life. To be able to throw away an innocent child like that just to "see a reaction"? How horrifying. I'm praying for everyone involved

The putting in her a trash bag and tossing her in the Dumpster. It gets me every time I think of it. For some reason that adds so much to how disturbing this situation is.

I apologize for my remarks last thread about 'raging hormones' How insensitive and ridiculous that was to say. I don't even know why I thought that-the very notion goes against my grain of how I was raised and taught. I grew up with 5 brothers and NEVER would our mother or father EVER have allowed any excuse to 'blame' nature versus morality for any untoward behavior. I wish I could take it back.

Praying for Maddy's family.

I think we were all emotional yesterday, trying to explain the unexplainable. *hugs*

Very good points... they were probably looking for an alive child. But sheesh even then wouldn't you check a dumpster? I mean kids have been known to get trapped in those, or abandoned refrigerators, etc. (not criticizing you or even the search, I just still can't believe it wasn't checked sooner). Thank goodness she was found before it was picked up.

She was concealed at the bottom. I don't think LE did anything wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3