GUILTY CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just googled positional asphyxia. In some of the photos the deceased were wedged into awkward places where their neck seemed compressed or placed at an awkward angle. Some had been intoxicated, some had fallen, some had been stuffed where they were found. The point is, positional asphyxia is not manual suffocation. He stabbed her in the neck, maybe he thought she was already passed when he hid her in bin. I hate to go here, but if this happened its even more tragic that she wasn't found for 27 hours.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

All of the reading I have just done on positional asphyxia leads me to wonder if the stab wounds were not fatal because the Positional Asphyxia was included in the cause of death. This would have to mean that she was still breathing when he dumped her for dead. He may have dumped her upsidedown or bent at such an angle to cause positional asphyxia. I won't post again about this unless I see a conversation starting here. I'm really upset by this finding. I believe she was unconscious, but if she was alive for any length of time after he placed her, well I just can't bear this. I'm sorry for posting so much on this possibly incorrect article. I could barely sleep last night for thinking of this.
I will go back to reading here.

All of the reading I have just done on positional asphyxia leads me to wonder if the stab wounds were not fatal because the Positional Asphyxia was included in the cause of death. This would have to mean that she was still breathing when he dumped her for dead. He may have dumped her upsidedown or bent at such an angle to cause positional asphyxia. I won't post again about this unless I see a conversation starting here. I'm really upset by this finding. I believe she was unconscious, but if she was alive for any length of time after he placed her, well I just can't bear this. I'm sorry for posting so much on this possibly incorrect article. I could barely sleep last night for thinking of this.
I will go back to reading here.

My take on it is that either of the violent acts - the stabbing and the positioning - were enough on their own to cause death, but she happened to suffer from two violent acts that killed her (in addition to the other violent acts he committed against her).

I agree, dwelling on these details is very upsetting. I do wonder if he kept going back to the bin because he wasn't sure she had passed away yet.

My take on it is that either of the violent acts - the stabbing and the positioning - were enough on their own to cause death, but she happened to suffer from two violent acts that killed her (in addition to the other violent acts he committed against her).

I agree, dwelling on these details is very upsetting. I do wonder if he kept going back to the bin because he wasn't sure she had passed away yet.
Yes, that's exactly what I am worried about. He was checking on her. We will find out eventually when he stabbed her. I hope it wasn't after he had placed her. What a sick individual. Usually when a suspect is this young (my sons age exactly) I try to empathize with him or try to find reasons for the behavior. But in this case he was so methodical and cold. Duct tape, sexual penetration with an object. Stabbing. Planned. His behavior was that of an adult serial killer. I can not, will not see him as a 15 year old boy.

He must have stabbed her in the bin.

Otherwise there would be blood everywhere.

A true monster. This was his 8 year old " friend",

To be honest I don't even know where to go with this anymore. I am sickened and heartbroken.

So we have abuse of a dog, we have odd postings on Instagram, a mother who didn't want him near her daughter and supposedly threats of suicide and maybe a threat to a school. We also have a bunch of people who are stunned that he could have done what he is accused of because he's such a great guy. Nice kid, can't believe it they say.

The violence that was indicated in the murder of Maddie is exceptional. I CANNOT fathom that there were not more signs of violent, sick, twisted and perverted behaviour leading up to this. I CAN'T believe there weren't indicators of something evil in this kid. Clearly the abuse of the dog is key but there had to more.

Thank God he is off the streets because there would have been more.

Poor sweet Maddie. Those earlier searches and not finding her earlier looms larger. I'm not blaming anyone at all. It's no one's fault she wasn't found sooner, but what if......

To be honest I don't even know where to go with this anymore. I am sickened and heartbroken.

So we have abuse of a dog, we have odd postings on Instagram, a mother who didn't want him near her daughter and supposedly threats of suicide and maybe a threat to a school. We also have a bunch of people who are stunned that he could have done what he is accused of because he's such a great guy. Nice kid, can't believe it they say.

The violence that was indicated in the murder of Maddie is exceptional. I CANNOT fathom that there were not more signs of violent, sick, twisted and perverted behaviour leading up to this. I CAN'T believe there weren't indicators of something evil in this kid. Clearly the abuse of the dog is key but there had to more.

Thank God he is off the streets because there would have been more.

Poor sweet Maddie. Those earlier searches and not finding her earlier looms larger. I'm not blaming anyone at all. It's no one's fault she wasn't found sooner, but what if......

I just had a terrible thought. What if he had done something earlier but hadn't gotten the amount of attention he craved, not even indirectly? Maybe that's why he kept Maddie so close, why he checked on her, why he checked the status of the search, and why he was right there when they found her.

Ugh. This kid makes me sick.

i agree and saw what you were saying.

im going to be blunt: in the phillipines, they EAT dogs. they are not valued pets there, they are livestock in some areas. she probably is aware that it is not like that in the U.S., however she grew up there and its likely she just sees them an animals and not family companions.

i dont really like the mom blaming going on here.

Well, we all know that when their are laws...everyone automatically accepts them as correct and fact. And when one culture has accepted something, all cultures just accept that into their own.

Would we even need websleuths if that was the case?

<modsnip> I DID NOT SAY HE WOULDN'T KNOW IT WAS WRONG. I said that his mother COULD perhaps, have not seen why people were (if that's how it played out) taking it so much more seriously than herself. Just because there are laws surrounding animal abuse, does mean someone moves here and says..."Oh, in America if you do this to a dog it's tied to being violent to humans. My son is clearly in danger of hurting someone, because in America that's what they believe, and I believe that 100%, because we live here and I believe everything in America. " I AM NOT SAYING AJ DID NOT KNOW IT WAS WRONG. I AM NOT SAYING SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN IT WAS A RED FLAG. I'M NOT EXCUSING BEHAVIOR OR JUSTIFYING IT. I AM ONLY (POSSIBLY) EXPLAINING HOW SOMEONE COULD HAVE IGNORED SUCH A HUGE WARNING SIGN AT THE TIME. She probably looked at her son and said, "not my son. He wouldn't hurt people." Am I saying that is okay and she should have done that? NO. I am saying that's what SHE COULD HAVE DONE.

<modsnip>

I just had a terrible thought. What if he had done something earlier but hadn't gotten the amount of attention he craved, not even indirectly? Maybe that's why he kept Maddie so close, why he checked on her, why he checked the status of the search, and why he was right there when they found her.

Ugh. This kid makes me sick.

Well being as it is what it is, Maddy died, I hope she was unconscious and not feeling anything shortly after he took her into his mother's apartment. OTOH I can see him being evil enough to want to see her suffer. He is certainly a very troubled soul and I wish nothing good for him. He needs to stay in prison until he takes his last breath. I pray his defense doesn't try to get him off on NCR. MOO.

i agree and saw what you were saying.

im going to be blunt: in the phillipines, they EAT dogs. they are not valued pets there, they are livestock in some areas. she probably is aware that it is not like that in the U.S., however she grew up there and its likely she just sees them an animals and not family companions.

i dont really like the mom blaming going on here.

Neither do I. I am an animal lover and even looking at a dog cross-eyed makes me mad. But what we have in front of us, is one unsubstantiated rumor of injuring a dog when he was 12. (Not that I would be surprised that he injured a dog.) The reporter wrote "including the alleged abuse of his own dog about three years ago." Does that mean some random person told them he hurt his dog? Did LE tell them that? What happened to the dog? Who knew about the dog?

People jumped on that as it must mean that he tortured a dog, his mom knew about it, and she did nothing. NO. The reporter very vaguely and without any mention of a source mentioned an alleged injury to a dog...with no additional information. Yet, we assume he tortured a dog to death and the mom just went on her marry way. We do NOT know this. We know NOTHING about the dog incident, where that statement came from, and if it's even true!!! I'm not willing to blame the mom, without facts. Nothing the reporter wrote in that one part of a sentence about a dog...has been presented as fact.

Sometimes people are just evil. My brother in law stabbed and killed his ex girlfriend. He then tossed her body in the woods like trash. His three siblings, including my husband are wonderful people, that had terrific childhoods and great parents. Because of my personal experiences I never look to blame the parents unless I have documented history of abuses or horrible living conditions and neglect. His mom seems to be horrified by his actions and I feel terribly for her.

Sometimes people are just evil. My brother in law stabbed and killed his ex girlfriend. He then tossed her body in the woods like trash. His three siblings, including my husband are wonderful people, that had terrific childhoods and great parents. Because of my personal experiences I never look to blame the parents unless I have documented history of abuses or horrible living conditions and neglect. His mom seems to be horrified by his actions and I feel terribly for her.

Oh honey! Hugs to you and yours. Going through something like that has to be indescribable.

As for this teen, I'm at a loss. I don't think however that he's as maquiavelian as some portray him. I think he stabbed her and disposed of her in the bin thinking shr was dead. Or maybe i prefer to believe that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh honey! Hugs to you and yours. Going through something like that has to be indescribable.

As for this teen, I'm at a loss. I don't think however that he's as maquiavelian as some portray him. I think he stabbed her and disposed of her in the bin thinking shr was dead. Or maybe i prefer to believe that.

Thank you. This actually happened going on 19 years ago now. But it gave his mom a stroke a d she has since passed. I just wanted to point out that it isn't always the upbringing that makes a person do bad things, sometimes they are just born damaged.

I also prefer to think/hope she was gone when she was placed in bin. The facts in this case will continue to be horrifying to us. I'm afraid to know what will come out, but this little girl deserves for me to bear witness and I will.

I'm wondering if he cut her wind pipe and she couldn't cry out. Tears

I wondering if he cut her wind pipe and she couldn't cry out. Tears
I thought of something like that, but would they have said stabbed in neck, or cut her throat? [emoji20]

Last night I read the article that included the details of Maddie's death and COD. When I got to the point where I read she died of positional asphyxiation I cried. I was horrified. My friend chided me for reading these things and asked me why I continued to read about Maddie when it upset me so.

I couldn't explain to her that I felt I owed it to this child to see justice done and to understand why. I can grieve for a child I have never known but I fear that I will never understand the why of it.

Last night I read the article that included the details of Maddie's death and COD. When I got to the point where I read she died of positional asphyxiation I cried. I was horrified. My friend chided me for reading these things and asked me why I continued to read about Maddie when it upset me so.

I couldn't explain to her that I felt I owed it to this child to see justice done and to understand why. I can grieve for a child I have never known but I fear that I will never understand the why of it.

Because bearing witness is important, it matters! It's human to care. <3

I too have been asked why I bother with true crime cases when 'it's so upsetting to you and obviously overly affects you'.. However I don't think of it as a bad thing to be hyper and emotionally are of such bad things happening in the worlds opposed to putting your head in the sand! I would go as far as to say having such worldly realism would give you a desirable edge to your working self! But that's JMO etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because bearing witness is important, it matters! It's human to care. <3

Sometimes this is what I tell myself and anyone else who will listen. The person, whatever the circumstances might be, was a human being and deserves a witness. Maybe I can't or won't do anything about what I've seen, but I want to feel like we're all connected in this big bad world.

Sometimes this is what I tell myself and anyone else who will listen. The person, whatever the circumstances might be, was a human being and deserves a witness. Maybe I can't or won't do anything about what I've seen, but I want to feel like we're all connected in this big bad world.

And I think that's what (in a way) separates us websleuthers from others. We care and we are hyperactive and we have heart. I know this is my "safe place" whenever I am feeling disheartened or down or troubled. <3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back