CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...unzipping that flap in the middle of the night makes enough noise that neighboring campers will hear it. So, unless a flashlight was used or it was just a fluke shot from outside the tent I can't see anyone just sneaking up on them. IMO

You're right about zipper noise! BzzzzzzBzzzzzzBzzzzzzz.... ZeeeeepZeeeepZeeeep.... You can hear it from 3 camp spots away!

“Nicole Nishida, a sheriff’s department spokeswoman, said the three other shootings “occurred nearby within the sheriff’s jurisdiction.” Nishida said the shootings happened June 6, 2017; July 22, 2017; and June 6, 2018.”

Are we certain the July 22, 2017 is accurate for one of the shootings? Because the other two are 1 year apart-both happening on 6/6, TB was shot on June 22, 2018. So perhaps LE checking on the connection because of the pattern of dates?

We camped a lot when I was a kid. That was some time ago :p, but there were campgrounds where no electrical hook-ups were available for our RV. Reading through Malibu State Parks' documentation, I see RV's are allowed there. Not all RV's have generators. Also, the camp grounds has shower facilities and rest rooms on site. There must be some sort of lighting system throughout the area.

I could be completely wrong, but it seems to me the place isn't completely dark at night.

Has anyone camped there who can verify the above?

Also, I'm wondering if the prior shootings took place in well-lit areas, or at specific campsites.

Do we know which campsite Tristan and Family were occupying?

Just something to think about.

Last edited:
Did anybody check the trees there for hidden people before things got hectic?

Trees are sparse. The terrain looks sandy. Very exposed camp sites. Little shade. However —sign of an experienced camper—the tent is backed into one of the few gnarled up trees. I suppose someone could have got into that tree (albeit with a very scratched-up crotch), but then what?

It occurs to me with the tree there and all that the shooter could have hung out underneath that tree and entered the tent from the back. That tent has a back door.

Last edited:
Hi, guys. Don't you think if it was a random shooter, and he killed the man by accident, or a random shot that hit him, the shooter would have the nerve to go back again and be shooting, yet once again, and so soon? He has to know they are totally checking out the campground. I hope that question made sense, I had a hard time framing it correctly. Thanks, everyone. Katt

Just getting in and caught up, but wanted to say this is some of the excitement for them imo, taunting LE and creating fear in the public...Seminole shooter, NOCO shooter, these guys "shot" repeatedly in the same areas. Seeing if there are any new developments before posting further on this.

We camped a lot when I was a kid. That was some time ago :p, but there were campgrounds where no electrical hook-ups were available for our RV. Reading through Malibu State Parks' documentation, I see RV's are allowed there. Not all RV's have generators. Also, the camp grounds has shower facilities and rest rooms on site. There must be some sort of lighting system throughout the area.

I could be completely wrong, but it seems to me the place isn't completely dark at night.

Has anyone camped there who can verify the above?

Also, I'm wondering if the prior shootings took place in well-lit areas, or at specific campsites.

Do we know which campsite Tristan and Family were occupying?

Just something to think about.

I haven't camped at that particular place, bu the way this usually works is that the bathrooms (and showers) are not very brightly lit. Campers don't need a whole lot of light in those facilities, and light attracts bugs. You pretty much wear your headlamp (or carry your flashlight), light on, until you get to the steps of the bathhouse.

I have never seen a campground with lighting anywhere except buildings (certainly no campground-wide system) or if there are RV hookups (RV-ers bring their own lights, however. Electric lights would keep campers awake all night, and it makes it impossible to see stars: this would be no kind of acceptable camping experience.

The tent crime area looks like it's on the outside of the campground circle, not the inside where the sites are closer to the bathrooms.

To get that site, they probably had to book far in advance.

Last edited:
The fact that LE is still reporting that the shot appears to be done from INSIDE the tent rules out target practice, stray bullets, accidental shooting. If they haven't found the weapon well then it can't be a suicide. So that narrows it down to targeted, a hit or random act of violence. IMO

Wow. Up close.

It could’ve just been a crazy camper that got upset at TB for some simple reason. I had a terrifying experience while camping with my husband and bulldogs one year. It was four in the morning and this camper came to our tent and started screaming at me to wake my husband up and shut him up because she couldn’t sleep from his snoring. It had actually been my English bulldogs snoring but regardless, this lady was pissed. She said she had to wake up early and I needed to do something about it. We ended up putting our dogs in our car with the AC running so she could sleep. I wonder if he’s a snorer. Sounds crazy but you never know!
(OMG I'm sorry but I'm laughing about the snoring)

Last edited:
Nightshift checking on, bringing fwd the latest msm:

Police want your help to figure out who killed a dad as he camped with his 2 young daughters -- and why - CNN

"Investigators are asking the public for help as they try to figure out who fatally shot a 35-year-old scientist as he slept in a tent with his 2- and 4-year-old daughters at a California state park./

*wonderful and smart they are utilizing their best tool, the public.
(Cough, gee, who do I sound like right now? Yes, our late great Foxfire would be very happy about this.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm confused about "inside the tent". Does that mean he was shot while only HE was inside the tent, or someone came inside the tent to shoot him? One or two sites also said "shot while sleeping", but I'm not sure if that's accurate.

The one thing i know for sure is that news reports get facts wrong all the time, especially initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member