Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A toooootal shot in the dark, and not saying there is a connection necessarily, but since we are here, did Maricela by any chance have any connections to Denver? I know, tootal shot in the dark and surely irrelevant...

("LANCASTER, Calif. -- A missing woman who recently moved from Denver to Los Angeles has been found alive, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Wednesday.")

http://kdvr.com/2017/01/25/denver-woman-who-recently-moved-to-los-angeles-reported-missing/

i can't find it at the moment, but when i was reading another article about her earlier, the girl's mother made a comment that she thought her daughter had gotten lost in bad weather or something. she said there was food and blankets in the car which was discovered in a remote area near where she was walking on the freeway. im not sure what's true or not though, as there's very little detail on this girl and she made no comments after being found.

It sounds like Mari's family decided not to go with the PI that mistivon found questionable.

Today is Thursday, exactly 2 weeks from the night MG disappeared. IMO, tonight would be the best time to revisit all of the locations where the dog hit to distribute fliers and question anyone who was in the area at that specific time (workers, students, etc.). JMO

attachment.php
attachment.php

Hi Everyone!

I Just wanted to give you all a visual of how it looks at the Kaiser building parking lot at his time at night.....7:28 pm.

A classmate is there right now and was so kind to send me these pics just now. It looks pretty lit up as you can see with many cars. She also stated that she did not go to class on 1/12/16 tho. As you can see in the very back of one of the pics is the dumpster I believe......and there is a light post there. Keep in mind too on the opposite side of that dumpster is the third entrance.

@MsTivon I will definitely post the flyers tomorrow at the vigil. I will PM you tonight to see where I can obtain the flyer to print out, or you can give them to me there and I will be more than happy to go up to the floors of the school and post them. Hang in there, I know this is emotionally draining on you. Please don't let others discourage you from being a voice & warrior for Maricela. You are so needed & God is using you for a purpose. I will pray for your strength and guidance as well as I am praying for her family and of course Maricela to be found safe. If Laura Stacy can be found safe today anything is possible! Her recovery has to give so many people hope!! Faith is everything and I believe there is strength in numbers!! Hugs~

That's the plan :)
Their has been going for awhile but not doing well and Edgar asked me last night to post the link on the page. It'll be up in about an hour.

Today is Thursday, exactly 2 weeks from the night MG disappeared. IMO, tonight would be the best time to revisit all of the locations where the dog hit to distribute fliers and question anyone who was in the area at that specific time (workers, students, etc.). JMO

January 25 2017
For Immediate Release

On Thursday, January 26, at 7:00 PM, the family of Maricela Garcia will be hosting a candlelight vigil beginning at the Goodwill at 18225 Sherman Way, Reseda. They ask that everyone please arrive as close to 7:00 as possible and please wear pink. Beginning precisely at 7:22 PM, we will be leaving the Goodwill and tracing the route that Search Dogs 24/7 believe she took. We hope to talk to someone who saw her and we want to see what she saw. We are hoping the candles will light her way home.
If you cannot attend the vigil in person but would like to show your support, the family is encouraging you to light a virtual candle at 7:22 PM and post it on Maricela’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/. Courtesy of Missing Pieces Network, you, also, can guide her home.
Dateline NBC published an article about Maricela you can read here:
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-california-woman-maricela-garcia-who-n710981
Nancy Grace featured Maricela on her January 25 edition of Crime Stories Online. Eerie similarities between Maricela and other missing women. Hear why she is not voluntarily missing. You can listen here:
http://www.crimeonline.com/nancy/ Vanished in the Valley, the first story,.
If you have any information about Maricela Garcia, the family urges you to contact Detective Guevara at 213-996-1800 and/or the LAPD West Valley Division at 818-374-7611. You are encouraged to report any possible sightings by also calling 911. You can remain anonymous.
Maricela’s family would like to thank all the media, including social media, for helping bring Maricela home. They ask that you continue sharing the Facebook page and continue getting the word out. Surveillance footage was only reviewed from the Goodwill and the 99 Cent Store. The family continues to urge police to review additional surveillance from where Search Dogs 24/7 indicated that Maricela walked. They are also pleading with detectives to go through the dumpster where potential evidence was found. It has not been picked up and could possibly contain more clues to her disappearance.
The family knows that Maricela would have contacted them if she were able. It is their belief that something happened to Maricela after she left the view of the Goodwill camera. They do not believe she is voluntarily missing and continue to request that LAPD and MPU locate their daughter and sister.
We thank you for your help.

code4SAR

OK, few things in no particular order. I am attaching a better picture of the phone. Since we are going back tonight, we want to make sure we didn't miss anything on Saturday. Mr. Mistivon (such a pro) has been analyzing the phone picture. He believes it looks like the phone was face down on some type of gravel and stomped on. Then tossed where it was found. He wants to find a likely place for that to have happened and look for anything else. He is wondering if her second phone actually made it all the way into that dumpster and wants to know if that trash was taken out. If so, when and where.
We are going early because he is getting in the Kaiser dumpster. He has brought up the point that maybe Maricela herself wasn't necessarily at the dumpster, or not there for long. He thinks that maybe her coat or another item is in there and that is what the dog smelled. There's no stopping him from getting in there today.
We also want to check the church's back parking lot. If the gate from there to Jon's is closed, then it was likely closed that night and it will change the direction she appeared to go in. If the gate is locked, she she probably went through Jons and smoked out the back then went back through and out the front door to the church.

I would like input about the vigil tonight. So, the plan is to gather at 700 and light candles. IDK what you do at vigils, I've been fortunate enough to not ever attended one. I guess you talk about Maricela, or everyone talks quietly among themselves?? Dumb, ,but I have no idea. At 722, we are going to leave GW, head to Jons, the church, up lindley, backtrack back to Kaiser front door, around the side to back Kaiser parking lot. I have no idea how many people will show up. Could be 5, could be 50. Instead of everyone traipsing through the church, we figure we will stop there and anyone who wants to go in and light a candle for Maricela. My plan was to hang around there for the ten or fifteen minutes so that we stay as close to Maricela's timeline as possible. Mr Mistivon says no way. People will be restless and won't want to stand around for that long. Thoughts? The purpose is not a tour of the area BUT most people don't sleuth, they are there for the family.
The other question is what do we do with the candles, lol? Originally, we thought we would walk with them (depending on wind, etc, this may or may not work). BUT, I think it is important to hand out and hang flyers along the route. Do I ask some people to hand out flyers and some keep candles? I found Saturday that people usually want to be told what to do and if I have no direction, they won't either. What's the best thing to do? Walk with candles? Walk with flyers? Both? Light me on fire because I'm annoying the p%^&* out of you?
I just want this to be right. I want flyers up but I really feel this could be important. Leese's pictures of the parking lot changed the perspective of that parking lot tremendously. Maybe something else will, too.
Anyway, advice, thoughts, suggestions?
Oh and here is a better picture of the phone.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170121_112327.jpg
    20170121_112327.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 314
OK, few things in no particular order. I am attaching a better picture of the phone. Since we are going back tonight, we want to make sure we didn't miss anything on Saturday. Mr. Mistivon (such a pro) has been analyzing the phone picture. He believes it looks like the phone was face down on some type of gravel and stomped on. Then tossed where it was found. He wants to find a likely place for that to have happened and look for anything else. He is wondering if her second phone actually made it all the way into that dumpster and wants to know if that trash was taken out. If so, when and where.
We are going early because he is getting in the Kaiser dumpster. He has brought up the point that maybe Maricela herself wasn't necessarily at the dumpster, or not there for long. He thinks that maybe her coat or another item is in there and that is what the dog smelled. There's no stopping him from getting in there today.
We also want to check the church's back parking lot. If the gate from there to Jon's is closed, then it was likely closed that night and it will change the direction she appeared to go in. If the gate is locked, she she probably went through Jons and smoked out the back then went back through and out the front door to the church.

I would like input about the vigil tonight. So, the plan is to gather at 700 and light candles. IDK what you do at vigils, I've been fortunate enough to not ever attended one. I guess you talk about Maricela, or everyone talks quietly among themselves?? Dumb, ,but I have no idea. At 722, we are going to leave GW, head to Jons, the church, up lindley, backtrack back to Kaiser front door, around the side to back Kaiser parking lot. I have no idea how many people will show up. Could be 5, could be 50. Instead of everyone traipsing through the church, we figure we will stop there and anyone who wants to go in and light a candle for Maricela. My plan was to hang around there for the ten or fifteen minutes so that we stay as close to Maricela's timeline as possible. Mr Mistivon says no way. People will be restless and won't want to stand around for that long. Thoughts? The purpose is not a tour of the area BUT most people don't sleuth, they are there for the family.
The other question is what do we do with the candles, lol? Originally, we thought we would walk with them (depending on wind, etc, this may or may not work). BUT, I think it is important to hand out and hang flyers along the route. Do I ask some people to hand out flyers and some keep candles? I found Saturday that people usually want to be told what to do and if I have no direction, they won't either. What's the best thing to do? Walk with candles? Walk with flyers? Both? Light me on fire because I'm annoying the p%^&* out of you?
I just want this to be right. I want flyers up but I really feel this could be important. Leese's pictures of the parking lot changed the perspective of that parking lot tremendously. Maybe something else will, too.
Anyway, advice, thoughts, suggestions?
Oh and here is a better picture of the phone.
attachment.php

I have never been to a vigil like this either, but I do think you should fliers on hand. Give them to everyone you see.

I don't know if this is allowed, but perhaps a flyer under the windshield wipers in all the parking lots? That might be illegal - I don't know. ??

I dropped an iphone 6s without a case, and it totally smashed the front like the one in the picture. I think it is plausible that just dropping Maricela's phone could have smashed it (although somebody stomping on it also makes sense).

I don't know if it's possible this close to the vigil, but the ones I've been to and have seen in the news usually have city church leaders who are known in the area for their efforts to stop crime. I've seen press releases about the victim and the crime read aloud and religious leaders giving a speech and offering prayer for the victim. I don't know who those religious leaders would be in your area, but I'm sure there has to be several. Most major cities, even smaller communities, have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been to 2 vigils. The first one a family member asked people to join in a prayer then spoke about the situation and asked for support etc then sang a song and people then mingled. The second one a religious leader said a prayer, spoke a bit about the person asking everyone to keep the person in their hearts and pray they are found. A few songs were done and people mingled. You could somewhat follow this format of talking first then a song and instead of mingling explain that your plan is to follow the path she took and ask for anyone wanting to help with that or passing out flyers etc to do so.

From what I've gathered, there have been 7 reported disappearances from women in California with the past 90 days. Although LE has not linked any case together, there are many similarities and patterns.

The first 4 cases occurred in Northern California with a close proximity of each other. All 4 went missing in Nov-Dec.

The last 3 cases occurred in Southern California with a close proximity of each other. All 3 women went missing in Jan.

3 women have been located with injuries; very little information has been provided from victim. Signs of dazed and confusion. Two of victims have reported the same description of their abductors ( 2 female Hispanics armed /dangerous)

4 women are still missing with little/no cooperation from LE and little media coverage , no active investigations in any of them, 2 woman abandoned their vehicles, all cases have been determined by LE that no evidence of foul play has been found ( despite certain alarming facts in all 4 cases)

Here's what we've got so far..if there are discrepancies or something I've left out in comparisons, please let me know.

If you have any other information or know of any other cases please let me know too. Getting our research organized is important if we want to catch a predator!

PAPINI- ABDUCTED & FOUND
FULL INVESTIGATION FROM LE
HEAVY MEDIA COVERAGE
Nov 2, 2016. A 34 yr old mother of two, Sherri Papini, was kidnapped and held captive for three weeks after leaving her Northern California home to jog was found on the side of California Interstate 5 fwy bound in restraints and badly beaten. The suspects are two Hispanic women armed with a handgun and driving a dark-colored SUV. A motive has not yet been established ; possible sex trafficking was involved.

SMART- MISSING
VERY LIMITED/INVESTIGATION FROM LE
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE
Nov 2, 2017 52 year old Stacy Smart was reported missing from Lewiston, CA. No leads

SNOW- MISSING
VERY LIMITED/NO INVESTIGATION FROM LE
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE
Dec 1, 2017 Amy Snow, a 25-year-old from Salyer in Trinity County, was reported missing by her mother. Despite alleged sightings of the young woman in Arcata, near Humboldt County, investigators had also come up with no leads in regards to what may have happened to Snow.*

ROGGENCAMP- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE
Dec 10, 2016. 44 yr old, Jessica Roggencamp, was last seen at 3 a.m. according to Nor-Cal Alliance for the Missing. Her 2010 black Ford Mustang was found off a remote stretch of Highway 36 after she apparently changed a flat tire*but she wasn't there. She'd also not made any phone calls according to data from her cell phone. Officers still believe Roggenkamp disappearance is voluntary and said there are no indications of foul play.

GARCIA- MISSING
FAIR MEDIA COVERAGE
Jan 12, 2017 26 year old Maricela Garcia vanishes from a Reseda shopping center. Leaving her car, sister, purse, behind. Her phone and choker were located next to two separate dumpsters. SAR dogs traced her scent that indicated she showed signs of her being chased. Officers believe Maricela's disappearance is voluntary and said there are no indications of foul play.

UNKNOWN WOMAN- ABDUCTED & FOUND
NO INVESTIGATION FROM LE
NO MEDIA COVERAGE
Jan 13, 2017 *A woman in her 20s was kidnapped from her Sherman Oaks home Friday night and was dumped off 4 hours later*partially nude and bound with duct tape on Sherman Way and White Oak in Van Nuys.( A few blocks from GARCIA Case and a day after) The victim was hospitalized for injuries and appeared to be confused and disoriented. The victim told police she was taken for sex trafficking. The suspects are two Hispanic women, armed and dangerous. LE has stopped investigation because of claims the victim have conflicting information regarding knowing her abductors. They also state the woman has not returned any calls and cannot be reached. Therefore the reported disappearance is considered Voluntary Missing. (IMO victim is not cooperating out of fear for her life. )

STACY- MISSING & FOUND (POSS ABDUCTION)
HEAVY MEDIA COVERAGE
Jan 22, 2017 a 28 year old woman, Laura Lynn Stacy, was reported missing from her Toluca Lake apt. Laura’s phone was found in a puddle by a woman on Monday, January 23, 2017 at a park in*Santa Clarita, California and Her vehicle was discovered on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 in a remote area of Lancaster, California.. Laura Lynne Stacy was found by the LAPD walking along the 14 Freeway near Avenue K in the Lancaster area at 2:30 p.m on January 25, 2017. Her family is keeping quiet about her condition, but doctors are treating her.
Authorities did not immediately release details about what had happened to her but she appeared to be dazed and uncooperative.

PATTERNS? SIMILARITIES?

I hope to see you at the vigil. :grouphug:

As to the questions about the candles etc---I am not sure we should all carry them with us. Some will want to have hands free to take pix, or notes, or hang flyers or text, etc.

Is there a way we could leave the candles in the church? Maybe we meet at the GW and walk to the church, and that is where the /spiritual' portion of the vigil happens---lighting the candles, etc...?

From what I've gathered, there have been 7 reported disappearances from women in California with the past 90 days. Although LE has not linked any case together, there are many similarities and patterns.

The first 4 cases occurred in Northern California with a close proximity of each other. All 4 went missing in Nov-Dec.

The last 3 cases occurred in Southern California with a close proximity of each other. All 3 women went missing in Jan.

3 women have been located with injuries; very little information has been provided from victim. Signs of dazed and confusion. Two of victims have reported the same description of their abductors ( 2 female Hispanics armed /dangerous)

4 women are still missing with little/no cooperation from LE and little media coverage , no active investigations in any of them, 2 woman abandoned their vehicles, all cases have been determined by LE that no evidence of foul play has been found ( despite certain alarming facts in all 4 cases)

Here's what we've got so far..if there are discrepancies or something I've left out in comparisons, please let me know.

If you have any other information or know of any other cases please let me know too. Getting our research organized is important if we want to catch a predator!

PAPINI- ABDUCTED & FOUND
HEAVY MEDIA COVERAGE
Nov 2, 2016. A 34 yr old mother of two, Sherri Papini, was kidnapped and held captive for three weeks after leaving her Northern California home to jog was found on the side of California Interstate 5 fwy bound in restraints and badly beaten. The suspects are two Hispanic women armed with a handgun and driving a dark-colored SUV. A motive has not yet been established ; possible sex trafficking was involved.

SMART- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE
Nov 2, 2017 52 year old Stacy Smart was reported missing from Lewiston, CA. No leads

SNOW- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE
Dec 1, 2017 Amy Snow, a 25-year-old from Salyer in Trinity County, was reported missing by her mother. Despite alleged sightings of the young woman in Arcata, near Humboldt County, investigators had also come up with no leads in regards to what may have happened to Snow.*

ROGGENCAMP- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE
Dec 10, 2016. 44 yr old, Jessica Roggencamp, was last seen at 3 a.m. according to Nor-Cal Alliance for the Missing. Her 2010 black Ford Mustang was found off a remote stretch of Highway 36 after she apparently changed a flat tire*but she wasn't there. She'd also not made any phone calls according to data from her cell phone. Officers still believe Roggenkamp disappearance is voluntary and said there are no indications of foul play.

GARCIA- MISSING
FAIR MEDIA COVERAGE
Jan 12, 2017 26 year old Maricela Garcia vanishes from a Reseda shopping center. Leaving her car, sister, purse, behind. Her phone and choker were located next to two separate dumpsters. SAR dogs traced her scent that indicated she showed signs of her being chased. Officers believe Maricela's disappearance is voluntary and said there are no indications of foul play.

NO INVESTIGATION FROM LE
NO MEDIA COVERAGE
Jan 13, 2017 *A woman in her 20s was kidnapped from her Sherman Oaks home Friday night and was dumped off 4 hours later*partially nude and bound with duct tape on Sherman Way and White Oak in Van Nuys.( A few blocks from GARCIA Case and a day after) The victim was hospitalized for injuries and appeared to be confused and disoriented. The victim told police she was taken for sex trafficking. The suspects are two Hispanic women, armed and dangerous. LE has stopped investigation because of claims the victim have conflicting information regarding knowing her abductors. They also state the woman has not returned any calls and cannot be reached. Therefore the reported disappearance is considered Voluntary Missing. (IMO victim is not cooperating out of fear for her life. )

HEAVY MEDIA COVERAGE
Jan 22, 2017 a 28 year old woman, Laura Lynn Stacy, was reported missing from her Toluca Lake apt. Laura’s phone was found in a puddle by a woman on Monday, January 23, 2017 at a park in*Santa Clarita, California and Her vehicle was discovered on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 in a remote area of Lancaster, California.. Laura Lynne Stacy was found by the LAPD walking along the 14 Freeway near Avenue K in the Lancaster area at 2:30 p.m on January 25, 2017. Her family is keeping quiet about her condition, but doctors are treating her.
Authorities did not immediately release details about what had happened to her but she appeared to be dazed and uncooperative.

PATTERNS? SIMILARITIES?

Thank you for posting these examples.

I don't think there are connections between most of these cases.

There might be a connection between the unknown women in Sherman Oaks, and even possibly Papini case.

But I think the others are of a different origin. But who knows really?

PAPINI- ABDUCTED & FOUND
HEAVY MEDIA COVERAGE

SMART- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE

SNOW- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE

ROGGENCAMP- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE

GARCIA- MISSING
FAIR MEDIA COVERAGE

NO INVESTIGATION FROM LE
NO MEDIA COVERAGE

HEAVY MEDIA COVERAGE

PATTERNS? SIMILARITIES?

Potentially Papini and the unknown women. But considering ALL cases, I don't see many similarities. Victims are very different in terms of appearances, age, and circumstances in which they disappeared. For the victims found, different time periods in which they were "released".

JMO, but still interested in exploring the possibility of a link.

Possible pattern with Garcia and Stacy is both disappeared During very heavy rain storms.

I have never been to a vigil like this either, but I do think you should fliers on hand. Give them to everyone you see.

I don't know if this is allowed, but perhaps a flyer under the windshield wipers in all the parking lots? That might be illegal - I don't know. ??

This iPhone was either stomped or thrown at a fast speed. First I am queen of broken iPhones- go through 2-3 a year with my lifestyle /profession. Look at the iPhone... iPhones crack usually shows a point of impact. One designated spot that shatters the entire screen if dropped. This phone shows pattern of extreme shatter on edges all around phone with equal pattern , with little damage in middle in comparison. I have dropped my phone on a climb before and it didn't look like this...the one time it did look like this was when I ran over it in my pack with the car.:/

Amy Snow was found deceased.
http://weavervilleonline.net/Sheriff_News.html

On January 5, 2017, Detectives with the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office attended an autopsy regarding the unidentified female that was found near the Salyer Bluffs on December 31, 2016. During the autopsy the deceased female was identified as Amy Lynn Snow from Salyer, CA. Amy Snow had been reported as a missing person in Trinity County on December 1, 2016. The autopsy showed that Ms. Snow’s death had been the result of general blunt force trauma. The multiple injuries sustained to Ms. Snow’s body were consistent with those that would have been obtained from a fall at a great height. Investigators are not considering Ms. Snow’s death suspicious.

Agency’s involved:
Trinity County Sheriff’s Office
Shasta County Coroner’s Office
Submitted By: Trinity County Sheriff's Department 01-09-17

PAPINI- ABDUCTED & FOUND
HEAVY MEDIA COVERAGE

SMART- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE

SNOW- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE

ROGGENCAMP- MISSING
NO/LITTLE MEDIA COVERAGE

GARCIA- MISSING
FAIR MEDIA COVERAGE

NO INVESTIGATION FROM LE
NO MEDIA COVERAGE

HEAVY MEDIA COVERAGE

PATTERNS? SIMILARITIES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member