Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy Snow was found deceased.
http://weavervilleonline.net/Sheriff_News.html

On January 5, 2017, Detectives with the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office attended an autopsy regarding the unidentified female that was found near the Salyer Bluffs on December 31, 2016. During the autopsy the deceased female was identified as Amy Lynn Snow from Salyer, CA. Amy Snow had been reported as a missing person in Trinity County on December 1, 2016. The autopsy showed that Ms. Snow’s death had been the result of general blunt force trauma. The multiple injuries sustained to Ms. Snow’s body were consistent with those that would have been obtained from a fall at a great height. Investigators are not considering Ms. Snow’s death suspicious.

Agency’s involved:
Trinity County Sheriff’s Office
Shasta County Coroner’s Office
Submitted By: Trinity County Sheriff's Department 01-09-17
Marinthinker: thank you, I wasn't aware...Rest in Peace Amy ❤

This iPhone was either stomped or thrown at a fast speed. First I am queen of broken iPhones- go through 2-3 a year with my lifestyle /profession. Look at the iPhone... iPhones crack usually shows a point of impact. One designated spot that shatters the entire screen if dropped. This phone shows pattern of extreme shatter on edges all around phone with equal pattern , with little damage in middle in comparison. I have dropped my phone on a climb before and it didn't look like this...the one time it did look like this was when I ran over it in my pack with the car.:/

I'm with you on this one - Wicked luck with phones. HOWEVER, I'm an android gal. And even when I grabbed my bag out of the backseat of my Wrangler (higher off the ground, further to fall to the ground) upside down in the dark, and my phone landed face down in a completely gravel parking lot (the big rock chunk gravel type) the screen cracked in multiple places, but you could identify the central points of impact.
However, that phone continued to work just fine for 6-7 months after.... durability for the win!

Have we confirmed this was an iPhone? It didn't look like one to me from glancing at the photos....

This iPhone was either stomped or thrown at a fast speed. First I am queen of broken iPhones- go through 2-3 a year with my lifestyle /profession. Look at the iPhone... iPhones crack usually shows a point of impact. One designated spot that shatters the entire screen if dropped. This phone shows pattern of extreme shatter on edges all around phone with equal pattern , with little damage in middle in comparison. I have dropped my phone on a climb before and it didn't look like this...the one time it did look like this was when I ran over it in my pack with the car.:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe she accidentally dropped it, or someone else dumped it, and then it was run over in the dark parking lot?

You mean leave the lit candles at the church? No idea. I can see who's around when we get there and ask them. Hmm, I don't think the family will talk. Maybe but I just don't see it. I don't feel right doing it...not only am I not that close to her, but I don't speak in public :) I will talk to the siblings and see. So, like at 7, we light the candles and see if I can get the siblings to talk. If not, we will just mingle, I guess...if we can't leave the candles at the church (which I think would be great), then I guess we blow them out and walk. I'm so bad at this kind of stuff :(
Thank you for your help!
I hope to see you at the vigil. :grouphug:

As to the questions about the candles etc---I am not sure we should all carry them with us. Some will want to have hands free to take pix, or notes, or hang flyers or text, etc.

Is there a way we could leave the candles in the church? Maybe we meet at the GW and walk to the church, and that is where the /spiritual' portion of the vigil happens---lighting the candles, etc...?

It's a ZTE

I'm with you on this one - Wicked luck with phones. HOWEVER, I'm an android gal. And even when I grabbed my bag out of the backseat of my Wrangler (higher off the ground, further to fall to the ground) upside down in the dark, and my phone landed face down in a completely gravel parking lot (the big rock chunk gravel type) the screen cracked in multiple places, but you could identify the central points of impact.
However, that phone continued to work just fine for 6-7 months after.... durability for the win!

Have we confirmed this was an iPhone? It didn't look like one to me from glancing at the photos....

You mean leave the lit candles at the church? No idea. I can see who's around when we get there and ask them. Hmm, I don't think the family will talk. Maybe but I just don't see it. I don't feel right doing it...not only am I not that close to her, but I don't speak in public :) I will talk to the siblings and see. So, like at 7, we light the candles and see if I can get the siblings to talk. If not, we will just mingle, I guess...if we can't leave the candles at the church (which I think would be great), then I guess we blow them out and walk. I'm so bad at this kind of stuff :(
Thank you for your help!
Sent you a PM. Kinda the same theory.

code4SAR

Meet with everyone, set up at GW? 3 to 5 minute speech by family spokesperson about MG, family friends speak, light candles, pray. One group flyers and leaves a makeshift memorial/alter/shrine at said location. Second party follows her trail with candles until reaching church. Family member lights candle inside for MG, then everyone else makes a memorial/alter/shrine outside the church leaving candles, pictures, flyers, keepsakes somewhere at the church (sidewalk, light pole? somewhere visible) while the other group is flyering and canvases the said location two group team leaders will be keeping in contact to make sure everyone arrives back at GW for notes, etc..

code4SAR

829165288473db9db79759c348ff5124.jpg

To keep candles from burning out in the elements you make a hole in the bottom of a paper cup and put the candle through that. The cup is right-side up, and most of the candle is inside the cup, with just the flame protruding above. The wind won't blow it out that way.

code4SAR

Who on here would know what verbage best describes a memorial, without using that word for obvious reasons, to use on the FB page when asking for people to bring pics, posters, stuffed animals, etc? Of course we could just ask people to bring said objects to leave behind at the vigil. Any help would be appreciated.

code4SAR

Who on here would know what verbage best describes a memorial without using that word for obvious reasons on the FB page when asking for people to bring pics, posters, stuffed animals, etc? Of course we could just ask people to bring said objects to leave behind at the vigil. Any help would be appreciated.

code4SAR
Commemorative Gathering

Please be careful tonight. No one should be walking alone, especially any younger girls.

I have never been to a vigil, but I'm assuming the person hosting it will have to get everyone's attention and start things off.

Honestly, if it's you mistivon, I think you should briefly explain that you heard about Maricela disappearing so you immediately came to help find her. Let them know you arranged a search with her family, dogs came and tracked Mari's scent, and your goal is to follow the same trail in effort to see if anyone can spot more evidence, and possibly come up with ideas about why Maricela may have gone where she did. Tell them you want to walk from GW to Jon's then the church, and that you will pause at the church to light thr candles and have prayers and speeches if anyone wants to speak out at that time. That will fill the 15 minutes you want to fill. Then you will continue the trail to the final place dogs found her scent.

I would stop at each area where evidence was found and talk about that for a brief moment. Then move on. That way each place has meaning and will get people thinking. I think you do that all the way to the dumpster, then tell what you found there during the dog search and anything new today.

Say a final prayer, walk all together back to GW and thank everyone for coming, reiterating that this exercise was to help imprint Mari's night on their minds so they can more passionately spread the word. Then hand out flyers and beg them to hang them anywhere they think someone might spot Mari. Every store, every church, every corner pole.

Commemorative Gathering
Or commemorative gesture...?
"We would also encourage this to be a commemorative gathering and ask anyone who would care to bring items to leave at the spot MG was last seen as an actionable gesture of remembrance. This would also call more community attention to MG occurrence and gain additional exposure."

Who on here would know what verbage best describes a memorial, without using that word for obvious reasons, to use on the FB page when asking for people to bring pics, posters, stuffed animals, etc? Of course we could just ask people to bring said objects to leave behind at the vigil. Any help would be appreciated.

code4SAR

Memorabilia?

While in the area at the church have Sarah keep an eye out for the two women she spoke with two weeks ago. Perhaps they could share more about what they saw or heard while Maricela was in the church.

Or commemorative gesture...?
"We would also encourage this to be a commemorative gathering and ask anyone who would care to bring items to leave at the spot MG was last seen as an actionable gesture of remembrance. This would also call more community attention to MG occurrence and gain additional exposure."
Nailed it!

code4SAR

code4SAR

Prayer Vigil?
Support Vigil?
Definition of vigil is "a period of time, especially at night, when you stay in a place to wait for something or to give your support to someone". So that seems to be a good description?
"please bring items in remembrance of Maricela to leave behind to remind visitors and business owners that Maricela is missing. Pictures, Posters, Candles, Stuffed Animals, anything pink would all be good items"

I am just posting ideas off the top of my head. There could also be a moment of silence to pray or send good thoughts or whatever. Maybe in the minutes before starting the walk in her footsteps?

If someone could take pictures of the event maybe that could be sent to news media to gain attention?

I have finally had the time to read through all of this. Now I am not from the area (I am in Detroit]but saw her story on a Dateline post. So let me begin how I pray she is found safe(and in my heart I believe she will be). I already see a lot of my questions answered on here so I just want to ask one question "why does everyone refer to her as running from location to location"? Unless somebody witnessed her running this seems to be creating a scenario that could be so far from what hsppened. It eludes that she WAS being followed and there seems to be no evidence that she was. Sorry, just trying to create a visual here and running doesn't seem to fit otherwise I bet you would have people that saw her. JMO

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member