Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is information that has just come out, which is why some of it was leaked on Friday. The rest will be public knowledge tomorrow for the most part. There is an independent witness who verified Mari had recently been at the church. Some more will make sense tomorrow....I know in what the fear is rooted and they are absolutely right to be secretive and scared. You will have to take my word for that.

BUT.....I do now have a question. IF, let's just say, IF, Mari was strung out, drugged up whatever you want to call it, NOT being held captive....could she really be so out of it after three weeks that she wouldn't know she was missing? I am not familiar with heroin and picture in my head people lying on dirty mattresses in a big house. I know that's a fallacy for the most part, but I know there truly are some houses like that...and some nearby. Would someone really be out of it that long? If someone were pimping her out so to speak, and keeping her shot up, I see it, but on her own free will?
May be a dumb question. I am just not familiar with the addict in the street type mentality

As I said before. I think she is alive. I just really hope I am right.

Has anyone considered MG might have overdosed and was then dumped somewhere? 20 minutes is enough time to fix in someone's car or apartment and die shortly after. Heroin today is more potent and deadlier than ever, even more so if it was mixed with other drugs. Of course the smashed phone and secret along with new evidence still says premeditated foul play, but you never know.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

That is something I've wondered about. I have seen that happen a few times in this area. But the three times that I know about, the bodies were left very close to the OD site. One girl was about 19, in Agoura area, and she was left in Malibu Creek area, by her bf. He was caught because other friends were with them at the time she Od'ed.

A young male in Thousand Oaks Od'ed on alcohol and heroin, and his friends snuck him into his house, and into bed. And he was found by a friends mother the next morning.

Another case that I know of, the young woman was thrown into a dumpster, within a couple of miles of the place she Od'd.

That is EXACTLY why we are searching this weekend. One of my main theories at this point was that she got into someone's car and died. They probably didn't even know her, got scared and dumped her. That is why I am marking these areas. I think we are looking for a body. I hope not, but if we are, I want to find her.

Has anyone considered MG might have overdosed and was then dumped somewhere? 20 minutes is enough time to fix in someone's car or apartment and die shortly after. Heroin today is more potent and deadlier than ever, even more so if it was mixed with other drugs. Of course the smashed phone and secret along with new evidence still says premeditated foul play, but you never know.

I am working on the dogs. The PI won't be involved in the actual search. But I plan to send out teams to the different areas with the dogs in the most likely place she would be found.
I'm afraid we will only have 3-4 people again. That's why it's over two days

Also I'd check with your PI and see if he's coordinating any dogs for Sunday as well. If that's the case, maybe break the different teams up into different areas so you can cover more ground at the same time

That's why I feel it is IMPERATIVE to search that dumpster. I am afraid that is where she is :(

That is something I've wondered about. I have seen that happen a few times in this area. But the three times that I know about, the bodies were left very close to the OD site. One girl was about 19, in Agoura area, and she was left in Malibu Creek area, by her bf. He was caught because other friends were with them at the time she Od'ed.

A young male in Thousand Oaks Od'ed on alcohol and heroin, and his friends snuck him into his house, and into bed. And he was found by a friends mother the next morning.

Another case that I know of, the young woman was thrown into a dumpster, within a couple of miles of the place she Od'd.

My husband uses Postmates sometimes at work---and they order from restaurants , even ones with delivery services. The reason being that the restaurants delivery is often very slow at lunch hour. They take too long. Postmates can be quicker because you call and they just take YOUR order only---not 5 or 6 like the delivery guy has.

So even if that restaurant has a delivery guy-doesnt mean that someone didn't call PM>
I guess what I was trying to say is I don't believe there were PM deliveries until it's proven there was. I'm sure some people order through PM thinking they might get it faster than the restaurants own delivery service, and maybe they do, but untill it's confirmed with receipts, timetables or confirmation from PM that MG was at two Thai restaurants I'm not buying it. And if they actually did use PM for deliveries then I don't think it's relevant to her dissapearance. If it ends up that the Thai deliveries were lies then I find that could hold relevance to whatever MG and Sarah were doing that day and how they ended up at GW in the situation they did.
Funny, my luck, when I used delivery services in LA, not PM, they were always twice as long as a normal restaurant delivery, but I only used them for restaurants that didn't deliver. Guess I should've tried PM.

This is just based on personal experience with trying to get my son help with drug and alcohol addiction. And Illinois may be different, but we never found a center to take him without insurance or family with resources to pay cash. The few that might have had impossibly long waiting lists.

I don't think she's in a facility.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Agreed. Just true

Nope, didn't know that. This world is completely new to me.
One thing about PM. Is Thai food really that popular that it would not be unusual to have two different people calling from two different restaurants both within an hour and a half of each other? Lots of cuisines I can see...but Thai? Doesn't that seem strange?
FYI, one other detail. The foil was intact on the cigarette pack in the car. It does not rule out that she had a pack on her, but it seems less likely that is where she went for that purpose.

Definitely popular. And easy to order.

I don't think she's in a facility either. I also don't believe she's voluntarily run away to start a new life and is just watching this unfold without calling her family or at least calling the police to tell them to call off the search.
I don't have a feeling either way as to if she's deceased or alive, I guess I just don't have enough information to make a reasonable assumption. But we are all familiar with the statistics and odds in these types of cases. ( There are miracles though- Jaycee ! )

Family could try contacting Texas Equusearch for assistance, if they haven't already. I first heard of them during the Natalee Holloway disappearance.
http://www.texasequusearch.org/

WHY WE SEARCH
There are multiple reasons as to why we search for a missing person. But we guess the biggest reason is because the person is missing, and possibly endangered, or in many cases, likely deceased. Another reason is that in most cases, the missing person’s family is distressed, and has requested our help.

Not even necessarily wooded. More like desolate. Undergrowth, dead end road type stuff. It would be best if I could have a team on Sunday. That way on Saturday, we can better pinpoint the areas that are a higher probability. I appreciate it so much. My team might be able to meet me one day this week, but with all the area needing to be searched, it's like a drop in the bucket. Thank you very very much for any help

I know that during the rains storms around Jan 20th, there were helicopters flying over the Reseda basin/La River area, searching for any homeless encampments in danger, and also searching for anyone that might have ended up in the water.

The firemen walked through that area, sending out verbal warnings about the oncoming storms.

Just saying that I don't think she would be found visibly in that area now, because of all the searching they did in that wash, the weeks after she wen missing.

That's why I feel it is IMPERATIVE to search that dumpster. I am afraid that is where she is :(
I don't know how to say this nicely. ... if she was still in the dumpster, she would have been found. People would smell it. Decomposition does not smell like usual trash. And it's very potent.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I guess what I was trying to say is I don't believe there were PM deliveries until it's proven there was. I'm sure some people order through PM thinking they might get it faster than the restaurants own delivery service, and maybe they do, but untill it's confirmed with receipts, timetables or confirmation from PM that MG was at two Thai restaurants I'm not buying it. And if they actually did use PM for deliveries then I don't think it's relevant to her dissapearance. If it ends up that the Thai deliveries were lies then I find that could hold relevance to whatever MG and Sarah were doing that day and how they ended up at GW in the situation they did.
Funny, my luck, when I used delivery services in LA, not PM, they were always twice as long as a normal restaurant delivery, but I only used them for restaurants that didn't deliver. Guess I should've tried PM.

Oh, I agree. I am not convinced she did any PM deliveries either. It wouldn't make sense to drive all the way to Venice to make 2 quick deliveries. I doubt she makes much on each one.

It was said that her sis left her wallet there. If so, it makes sense that they went to Venice to get the wallet, then she called in for possible deliveries, just to make a few bucks while they were already there?

I don't think she's in a facility either. I also don't believe she's voluntarily run away to start a new life and is just watching this unfold without calling her family or at least calling the police to tell them to call off the search.
I don't have a feeling either way as to if she's deceased or alive, I guess I just don't have enough information to make a reasonable assumption. But we are all familiar with the statistics and odds in these types of cases. ( There are miracles though- Jaycee ! )

I don't think the usual statistics can be applied in this case, given the family's lack of credibility, the fact that she has run off before, and the police's apparent lack of concern. Hoping for the best, but I think the odds are pretty good that she is alive and doesn't want to be found.

I know that during the rains storms around Jan 20th, there were helicopters flying over the Reseda basin/La River area, searching for any homeless encampments in danger, and also searching for anyone that might have ended up in the water.

The firemen walked through that area, sending out verbal warnings about the oncoming storms.

Just saying that I don't think she would be found visibly in that area now, because of all the searching they did in that wash, the weeks after she wen missing.

Yes, that's a good point. In fact on Sunday Jan. 22, in one area in the San Fernando Valley, I saw the LA River just about to overtop it's banks. I don't know if it actually did, because I was chased out of the area, but it was quite a sight.

I live in a small Texas town and Thai food is big even here in the backwoods. I don't have any sleuthing stuff to add but I've been following closely. Prayers Maricela is home soon.

What part of the state? I spent my entire childhood in an itty bitty town that had more cows than people.
Other than the basin, I am not seeing many areas on maps/earth that look good to me as points of interest. There is a salvage yard and a couple of parks...I think I am just going to have to go drive the area one day this week and figure it out. The problem is, some of these areas you have to walk down into. I think if she is gone, she is going to be in an easily accessible area.....like a freeway on ramp or just in the bushes along a main road. Also looking around some of the industrial areas.
She could be anywhere :(

I live in a small Texas town and Thai food is big even here in the backwoods. I don't have any sleuthing stuff to add but I've been following closely. Prayers Maricela is home soon.

This will post to FB in a couple of hours:

Hello again everyone. As it has been said earlier, we were given new information over the weekend, which has led us to the need to search very specific areas for Maricela. Because of the numerous possible locations and wide spread area, we are issuing a desperate, urgent call for any and all volunteers. This will be the largest scale search we have done to date and we need all of you who are local to please come help. We are hoping to have Search Dogs 24/7 on board again, hopefully with at least two teams. This search will encompass the entire weekend of February 11 and 12. Both searches will begin at 10:00 am and run until dark. If you can't come one day, please come the other. Everyone who comes will need to wear bright clothing, jeans and sturdy shoes. Please bring sunscreen and insect repellent. We will meet at the GW and divide up from there by car. We can't stress enough the importance of this search.
As you read earlier, we have been authorized to release some information. We understand that this page has not been as open as the earlier one, but we have been acting in Maricela's best interest. We hope you understand that some information cannot be released at this time and there are questions we cannot answer. We will do our best to keep you updated as new information is gathered and we can safely do so.
In a few hours, we will release a significant amount of new information. You will be the first to know and we are relying on you to get the word out.
We encourage you all to share the page and share Maricela's flyer. We strongly believe that more than one person knows details about her disappearance and her current whereabouts. We need those people reached. Please tag the media and share in your groups and on your page.
On behalf of the family, I want to again thank you all for your patience, your understanding and your support. We've always needed you and we continue to need you. But most of all, we need Maricela home.
Thanks
Misti

ETA: If you guys that follow the page could help me share it, I would appreciate it. We desperately need a good turnout. There is a lot of ground to cover :(

This will post to FB in a couple of hours:

Hello again everyone. As it has been said earlier, we were given new information over the weekend, which has led us to the need to search very specific areas for Maricela. Because of the numerous possible locations and wide spread area, we are issuing a desperate, urgent call for any and all volunteers. This will be the largest scale search we have done to date and we need all of you who are local to please come help. We are hoping to have Search Dogs 24/7 on board again, hopefully with at least two teams. This search will encompass the entire weekend of February 11 and 12. Both searches will begin at 10:00 am and run until dark. If you can't come one day, please come the other. Everyone who comes will need to wear bright clothing, jeans and sturdy shoes. Please bring sunscreen and insect repellent. We will meet at the GW and divide up from there by car. We can't stress enough the importance of this search.
As you read earlier, we have been authorized to release some information. We understand that this page has not been as open as the earlier one, but we have been acting in Maricela's best interest. We hope you understand that some information cannot be released at this time and there are questions we cannot answer. We will do our best to keep you updated as new information is gathered and we can safely do so.
In a few hours, we will release a significant amount of new information. You will be the first to know and we are relying on you to get the word out.
We encourage you all to share the page and share Maricela's flyer. We strongly believe that more than one person knows details about her disappearance and her current whereabouts. We need those people reached. Please tag the media and share in your groups and on your page.
On behalf of the family, I want to again thank you all for your patience, your understanding and your support. We've always needed you and we continue to need you. But most of all, we need Maricela home.
Thanks
Misti

ETA: If you guys that follow the page could help me share it, I would appreciate it. We desperately need a good turnout. There is a lot of ground to cover :(

So

is this a recovery search? :(

All of the above is believable---except I don't think Postmates would be likely to be connected.

If someone wants to order a delivery by PM, one needs to give a lot of identifying information. You need to give your personal identification, your charge card info, your address, telephone number and they have your IP address. So it seems like a risky thing to give all of that info, and then try to do something shady involving their people. Anyone living in Venice Beach would have immediate and free access to dozens of attractive young women, without having to get involved with one who could connect you and identify you so easily as PostMates can. JMO
In my scenario, the destination A delivery is a side job, not related to Postmates. Maybe some of these people find mules this way. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin